UK theme parks from another point of view!

draytonmanorplus
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Visit to Drayton Manor

Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:29 pm

"DraytonManor""][quote=""Spike""][quote=""DraytonManor" wrote:
Evening all :D,

As iv just read about The Black Revolver not being marked clearly on the map, I shall look into this as I haven't had a proper look at the park map yet and have not taken any notice. However I do not have a map on me at the moment so I will grab one from HQ soon.

If however it hasn't been labelled clearly I will look into the matter and tweak the map :)

And yes, of course Drayton Manor is a smaller park therefore less walking, meaning more rides! :D

We do cater for all at the park and its great if Drayton Manor is your first park to visit as the thrills are not OTT. :)

Thanks,

DraytonManor

I think you have a great balance and Apocalypse is the only ride in the UK which has the ability to scare living daylights out of people and does.

Oh and while your on [url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23895&start=15" target="_blank]viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23895&start=15[/url] :mrgreen:[/quote]

Thank You!

And we do intend to keep our ride line up high with family and thrilling attractions in the fourth coming years! :)

And you're questions have been answered also in the other topic.

Thanks,
DraytonManor :D[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you're not Drayton Manor, with spelling mistakes such as fourth and you're. :S

DraytonManor
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:36 pm

I do appologise for my spelling mistakes, as ive said I work for Drayton Manor and im not entitled to say wich department. :)

draytonmanorplus
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:46 pm

To be honest, I'm surprised staff are allowed on here in general. Usually theme parks and companies have strict guidelines about commenting on behalf of the company they work for, I assume that if you are a Drayton Manor employee you have been given permission. Wouldn't want you to lose your job now ;), or be giving out false information...

ShadowTD
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Drayton Manor - Theming, Lands & Disrepair

Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:50 pm

"DraytonManor" wrote:
Someone also mentioned about food. Food we buy in our selves with the execption of Rollover. We don't think that our food is over priced and is fine the way it is. If we did employ a company like KFC or McDonalds there would be a dramatic increase in food prices across the park and we really do no want this to happen. Also when people buy food at the park it contributes to the end of year budget wich also helps us to invest in the park for facilitys for the general public :)

If you're buying it in yourself, then you've only yourself to blame. The utterly bonkers BHS-mid-80's cafe is the only place on park I will eat. *Everywhere* else is grim. Rainforest pizza, the old Chicken place (same as Miners Chicken Diner, apparently) and the Pirate Burger Bar all serve nasty food that my old uni canteen wouldn't even put in front of us. By contrast, I actively look forward to the restaurant - refurbish that place at your peril, it's like stepping back in time!

DraytonManor
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:18 pm

Thank you for your concern, And DraytonManor monitor what I write ect. :) Hope that helps.

Thanks,
DraytonManor

SAM93

Re: Drayton Manor 2010

Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:19 pm

I have just seen this video on youtube...

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZRKc3O9Mbc" target="_blank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZRKc3O9Mbc[/url]

Wouldn't it be amazing for a ride like that to be placed on the buffalo site next season... One of those new mack launch coasters like the possible rumours, it would be great!

AstroDan

Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:54 pm

The problem is, a decent Mack Launch coaster would cost £10m +.

G-Force
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:58 pm

and like I have said before Colin Bryan has said in an interview that when the buffalo is replaced it is going to replaced by a vekoma minetrain
R U Ready TO Experiance The Force Of The G

AstroDan

Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:00 pm

If themed, a Vekoma Minetrain will be a fantastic addition to the UK and should be the best coaster at DMP by a mile.

Maelstrom
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:04 pm

Plus a Mack Launched coster would be far to expensive to run in the UK as it uses Lims which use alot of electricity.

Plus the park have never spent more than £5m before in one season either. Although a Vekoma mine train wouldn't be that cheap either.

We will have to wait and see.

---- Post Info Added ----

A Vekoma mine train would be athe perfect addition for Drayton as would be suitable for all family members while still proving enough thrills for thrill seekers.

I don't think we normally hear about planning applications for rides at drayton manor so probably won't hear anything until end o the year and thats if they are building a coaster.

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:56 pm

Drayton manors coaster aren't all that good lol I wouldn't get to excited although im sure you will still have a great day, G force is good fun but far to short and I don't personally like the restrains however you may disagree and shockwave is good fun but no were near as good as most you will have or may go on. Stormforce 10 however is so much fun! ENJOY :) x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc \":)\"

A5H

Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 pm

I seriously hope they don't bring in a Mine Train... I want something for the Thrill Seekers for a change, I wouldn't mind a launched coaster or summit but a mine train is a bad addition in my opinion.
The family have been the focus for the last 2 years with Thomas Land and the 4D Cinema, give us something for a change and to celebrate 60 years :!: :!: :!: :)

One Winged Otaku
TT Member
TT Member

Walking to Drayton Manor from Wilnecote Train Station?

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:22 am

I wonder if someone can help me with getting to Drayton Manor, somewhere I have never visited but would like to at least try out. I am not prepared to drive to these places (I dont drive to any theme parks), and usually take trains to all destinations.

My question is, can you walk from "Wilnecote" train station to Drayton Manor park? It says on the site that the train station is 1.3 miles from the park which I know is not a long distance and would take about 25 mins. But the thing is looking at maps etc I cannot tell what the roads are like or exactly where to go etc.

So, has anyone walked from Wilnecote before? What are the roads like (ie is there footpaths or is it walking on a main road etc?) and exactly how easy is to reach on foot from there?

Thanks in advance! :D

John
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Walking to Drayton Manor from Wilnecote Train Station?

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:50 am

I've done it, its not too bad. The roads are fairly major but there's always a footpath. Its easy to get there, just follow the signs. Note that there is no cut through from Swiss Lodge Drive to the car parks and entrance by maelstrom, but there is another entrance at the other side of the park near apocalypse.

Also, trains to/from Wilnecote are infrequent, depending on park closing time it might be quicker to get a bus to Tamworth.

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:57 pm

No idea about walking but....

I visited last week and went to Tamworth Train Station, during the summer holidays, at the weekends, there is a bus which takes you directly from the Train Station to Drayton Manor.

One Winged Otaku
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:41 pm

Thanks for the replies guys! I never thought about using Tamworth station, and definately didnt realise there was a bus from there!

Anyway consdiering Duckman says there is footpaths and he walked himself and survived (lol), I dare say Ill try walking. There are trains (according to thetrainline.com) at 18.36 going back to Birmingham New Street which I can use, so that is no probelm and I dont mind waiting.

Thanks for the advice! :D

G-Force
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:41 pm

There is a bus running all year from tamworth train station - i dont know where this only in the summer thing is from.

Walk out of the entrace keeping to the right path - you will see a crossing - cross over and the bus stop is there.
R U Ready TO Experiance The Force Of The G

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:54 pm

There is an official Drayton Manor bus which started operating last week, and it ends at the end of August.

There is a big poster on the bus stop explaining it all.

There are 2 buses in the morning, and 2 in the afternoon.

Doopy Dan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:00 pm

I live very close to Wilnecote train startion and the trains are not that infrequent to the station.

In a short answer YES is is possible to walk to Drayton Manor from the Station, depending on how you walk it will take you about 25/35 mins.

3T
TT Member
TT Member

Drayton Manor vouchers

Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:26 pm

Are there any vouchers (2 for 1, etc..) for Drayton Manor? I can't find any.