UK theme parks from another point of view!

spark
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The American Adventure: Past, Present and Future

Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:48 pm

But does that mean that they are moving out of the traveling scene and going to pitch here or something else?

Anonymous

Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:30 pm

There was plans drawn up to totally convert the site to a centre parks style attraction with pools, log cabins and sporting.

The plans were online but seem to have vanished.

spark
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:11 pm

Yea i saw the plans which would be great the area, but surely they wouldnt want all the buildings knocking down if they were to take control of the site

steveb8372
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:24 pm

excatly why knock the buildings down? plus i think the rapids were filled in prematurely, cos they could of been intrigated into watever happens with the site!

stigzy
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:09 pm

Perhaps this might explain why the fake rockery and Indian faces might be remaining?!

WillPS
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:55 pm

Mellors plans appeared to use the buildings dating back to Britannia Park times. Whils't I agree the destruction was premature, and ultimately the wrong thing to do - I don't think there's much to be gained from leaving up a Fibreglass facade - it was falling to bits even while the park was open!

Anonymous

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:03 pm

We took these last year. Spooky just seeing these things just looking at you in the middle of a completelty empty space.

DiogoJ42

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:05 pm

If only this park was still going last year, it could have been on my grand UK tour. :(

Sazzle

Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:29 pm

There are some pretty humongous diggers on site, which presumably have now finished the job completely (unlike many, I have never trespassed on the site). I was sure I saw someone inside the old security entrance last Saturday.. Female.. Around 30 years old *eyes The Wall*.

I've spoken to a few local people who have admitted that they'd like to see the Mellors plan go ahead, as the details have focussed so heavily on the environment and protecting local landscapes. This country park is really, really important to the people of our town!

Does anyone have ANY information on the Shipley Liaison Group? I flipping live here and I can't find a jot of information anywhere!

spike69
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:55 am

Hi Sazzle,

I’m not sure but I think that you might be able to get in touch with Shipley Lakeside Development Liaison Group through these guys, I’m sure they could steer you in the right direction. Hope that helps

[url=http://www.shipleyparishcouncil.org/index.html" target="_blank]http://www.shipleyparishcouncil.org/index.html[/url]

Sazzle

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:52 pm

6 SHIPLEY LAKESIDE DEVELOPMENT
The Chair informed the Council that a full group meeting for the Shipley Lakeside Development Liaison Group was held last Monday. All of the group members were invited but the only attendees were Cllr K Parkinson, Cllr P Tideswell, A Kowalski, Cllr Mrs V Trevan and the Clerk. Due to the poor support of group members and the continued lack of inclusion from DCC, Cllr Mrs Trevan felt that the group’s effectiveness might be in doubt and the option to close the group might have to be considered. Following discussions at the meeting with Cllr K Parkinson, who felt that the group would come into its own during the planning stage, it was agreed that the group would go into abeyance for the time being until the planning stage. The group will be sending another letter to DCC and will keep the Parish Council up to date of any progress made.

Just found that on the link posted above ^^ in the minutes for the April 2009 meeting of the Parish. Sit tight and wait then me thinks, though I may very well try and get in touch with them.

DiogoJ42

Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:58 am

Oi, beskins123:
How does this
"Diogoj42" wrote:
If only this park was still going last year, it could have been on my grand UK tour. :(
deserve a boo? :?

RIP_AA
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:10 pm

Just a quick message the Buffalo theming Indians can now be found at MFN! :lol:

stigzy
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:56 pm

Lol, what the frick are MFN doing with them?! Nice to see there still local I suppose...

DiogoJ42

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:09 pm

MFN? Huh?

stigzy
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:26 pm

MFN - Middle of Fricking Nowhere. It's a nightclub owned by showaddywaddy located in the middle of nowhere, well down a lane (Long Lane at Shipley Gate) and is about a 2 minute drive away from American Adventure.

Stampida Joe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:32 pm

Wow, what a great idea to have them in there. Has anyone got a pic they could display on here?

I would go and get one myself, but i annoyingly live about 200 miles away from AA :lol:
The Ghost of the sea, the Ghost of the sea

DiogoJ42

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:33 pm

Now this bit:
"stigzy" wrote:
MFN - Middle of Fricking Nowhere.
makes sense.

But I wasn't expecting this:
"stigzy" wrote:
It's a nightclub owned by showaddywaddy

:!: :lol:

RIP_AA
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:44 pm

"Diogoj42""]Now this bit:[quote=""stigzy" wrote:
MFN - Middle of Fricking Nowhere.
makes sense.

But I wasn't expecting this:
"stigzy" wrote:
It's a nightclub owned by showaddywaddy

:!: :lol:[/quote]

Slightly off topic I know, but I saw Showaddywaddy at a 70's reunion concert in Nott's and the remaining band members told the crowd to sing along loud enough for it to be heard in Shipley! :lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:52 pm

if it wasn't for American Adventure i wouldn't have be born so i think i should be posting on here :lol: lol When AA closed i took a year out before working as a Entertainer at Gullivers Kingdom, and any1 who is looking for the good old bears from the top gate will find them at Western world! also the security building was burnt down last week,
bad times