UK theme parks from another point of view!

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Re: London Entertainment Resort - General Discussion

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:05 pm

Updated website

A teaser for the plans were dropped. Shows a few coaster squiggles, one of which I'm pretty sure is a Maurer Spike (weird choice based on how unreliable and apparently boring they are), plus I believe it will go here, based on the planned site.

Honestly, this project is not really doing it for me. Too much behind the scenes and not enough action.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:48 pm

As reported by SouthParks NewsParamount Studios are back on board with The London Resort, paving the way for Mission: Impossible, The Godfather and more to feature in the multi-billion pound development on the Swanscombe Peninsula in Kent.

Who’s excited to see Paramount Studios involved in the project again?
I'm the boy with the bubbles

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:19 pm

I bet they stay for 3 months, then back out again. Let's hope things can now start rolling!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:31 pm

The most interesting aspect here for me is actually the people that have been brought in. PY Gerbeau made a name for himself early on in his career fixing major issues within large projects, like Euro Disney and the Millennium Dome. For him to now be in charge, makes me think this project now has a greater chance of becoming a theme park than a housing estate. If he can take on the fairly disastrous Millennium Dome and manage expectations and issues of both politicians and the tabloid media, then a resort in South East London with large financial backing should be fairly simple. :P Plus Paramount must have had a good reason to come back to the project.

It appears at least two other business management and consulting groups have been brought in, covering media interfacing and corporate reputation/public affairs, with the website having already been given an overhaul. I would suspect that they would now be working on all the issues surrounding the planning application, such as communicating with those who currently own or use property within the development area.

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:37 am

Be interesting to see if the family backing it will actually come up with the capital in the end or if it's still all just talk

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:40 am

The fact that the website has had a facelift is possibly the most that has happened in the last few years! 

I am a local resident - literally ontop of the area they are planning to build in, so wonder if I will start to see some consultations or something like that through my letterbox sometime soon.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:06 pm

theparklifekid wrote:
Updated website

A teaser for the plans were dropped. Shows a few coaster squiggles, one of which I'm pretty sure is a Maurer Spike (weird choice based on how unreliable and apparently boring they are), plus I believe it will go here, based on the planned site.

Honestly, this project is not really doing it for me. Too much behind the scenes and not enough action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=dUoIK3nVLk0
Never heard of the Maurer Spike before. They look like reasonable fun although as it's 100% powered and guessing your speed is constant down the drops so you don't get massive amounts of sensation. 
Wonder if that's two rides over the lake (high speed launch and tidal wave) or just one water coaster.

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:07 am

abigsmurf wrote:
theparklifekid wrote:
Updated website

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=dUoIK3nVLk0
Never heard of the Maurer Spike before. They look like reasonable fun although as it's 100% powered and guessing your speed is constant down the drops so you don't get massive amounts of sensation. 
Wonder if that's two rides over the lake (high speed launch and tidal wave) or just one water coaster.

I was gonna say, that one black line over the lake to the right looks like a possible launch coaster.. decent length of launch aswell by the looks of it.. maybe something to compete against Red Force in Portaventura..

Although, it appears to either be a log flume or rapids under the ride, so that's always a plus.. I just hope somewhere there's an RMC!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:58 pm

One of the things I've always liked about the proposed designs is the enclosed section. One of the best things about the (otherwise pretty bad) Disney Studios Paris layout is the indoors entrance section. If they do something at immersive and atmospheric as that, but on a bigger scale, it'll be great.

The fact they seem to have a definitive design with real coaster layouts gives the most most hope I've had for this project in years. 

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:41 am

I would take everything currently on the site with a pinch of salt. Might be old plans or random stock images of theme park plans. Alot of the details on the site are old and need a refresh. They also quote on the planning page: 

We will make an application in 2017. Following the fourth stage of public consultation in summer 2015 we are addressing all the issues raised including carrying out further transport and environmental studies in the local area. We will be sharing our updated plans with the community at a further stage of public consultation.

Think it might be best to wait for a full site fresh before believing anything on there and a bit more detail to come through. Is sounding more positive and there is some activity happening, especially with such as high profile 

jamesc
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:26 pm

Could this be the UK's answer to Disneyland?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48831741
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!

Anderzon
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:09 am

I think it should be much more exciting than Disneyland.

Do you know something about a price they gonna spend on it?

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:28 pm

As reported by SouthParks News, The London Resort have announced a new partnership with Radisson Hotel Group which will see a Radisson Blu hotel open as part of the proposed entertainment Resort.

SouthParks News looks at all the details.
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Harry347
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:29 pm

I'm sure excited for this park, I really want to have high hopes for as it'll only be 1.5-2hours drive from me BUT this seems like a lot of partnerships etc and it just seems really messy to me?
I really want this to succeed though as both Thorpe Park and Chessington really need some competition to up their game, we haven't seen any decent investments to either park in some time now but with this having a rough date of 2024 and I'd imagine Universal's epic universe will open around the same time, it could be an awesome year for theme parks!

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Im not sure about the opening date at all, nothing has been submitted yet. The park also said that they were seeking National Infrastructure Significance with the project, which hasn't been updated in a while and consultations haven't really happened. They do seem to be gaining momentum but announcing partnerships and its the most active their twitter account has been in years, but im still a bit skeptical - hope to be proven wrong as I live about 10 mins away!