UK theme parks from another point of view!

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: London Entertainment Resort - General Discussion

Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:08 pm

It does look quite remarkable, and it's interesting how the Paramount Studios aspect has returned, albeit now in a single area of the park, but still with its prominent studio gate.

Some of the imagery suggests there could be an Intamin/Mack multi-launch coaster around the castle, a Journey to Atlantis style water coaster in the top left of the park, and a few buildings suggesting some modern dark rides.

It also appears to have proper car parks!

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Until there's 'point of no return' levels of building work done, I'll continue to have extreme doubts about it happen but it's so hard not to get ultra excited

Family launch as the main showpiece ride, a full on white knuckle space coaster that launches out of a building, 2 smaller, probably family coasters, a heavily themed waterride and what looks to be a selection of dark and flat rides. High capacity road system, Islands of Adventure car parks, Citywalk area. All great.

Concept art seems to be missing the Thames clipper and an entire land that's split off form the main park (phase 2 water park). There's going to be a whole lot of walking in and out the park, hope they spend money on travelators. 

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:02 pm

Accounts for the last tax year has been recorded at a pre-tax loss £1.7 million, totalling the company losses at £54.8 million since the company was formed in 2011.

Abdulla Al-Humaidi has previously confirmed he will finance the project until the end of 2020 at least, but the directors have already said if permission isn’t granted then they’ll put the brakes on the whole project.

As great as all the plans and concepts look, sadly I still have no confidence that this will ever come to fruition.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:26 pm

So this year would seem to be the final make or break year, at least whilst still at the planning stage.

I feel that with the people they've brought on for this final push, they have the best chance the project has had since its conception. But there is seemingly still a huge amount of work to do, especially in selling the idea to the planning authority, government, local businesses and residents.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:25 pm

Looks like there was an ITV report on The London Resort a couple of days ago. Nothing of note of which we weren't already aware, as it really just highlights the lack of any meaningful progress up to this point.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:14 pm

I think it's got to be doomed now. A recession would give them a whole lot more muscle to convince the council that they simply couldn't possibly risk building a theme park, but if they could get permission to build a mix of residential and retail...

Coaster Chall
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:49 pm

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/n ... us-226181/
The original Spring date for planning has been pushed back to at least October. But I do respect PY Gerbeau, not just for recovering from COVID-19, but also he is really trying, along with his colleagues, to try and iron out the creases and get this project off the ground ASAP.

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:05 pm

I'm glad they are regularly updating the media on progress, and I only hope all the doubters will be proved wrong when this project starts to become very real.