UK theme parks from another point of view!

caffeine_demon
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

A roller coaster saved my life!

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:05 pm

Jnewcombe
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:32 pm

wow cool , just imgaine how early the corkscrew will detect tumours proberlly years before they even grow lol!

Jon
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:48 am

I'm sorry but there is simply no such thing as shuddering and jolting on a B&M ride, I would put it down to the forces

Anonymous

Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:13 pm

Not true I don't think ^ B&M coasters aren't perfect and do get rougher with age! The Hulk is around 7 years old now, so I should imagine there is some shuddering and jolting. Especially as your body is being put in all sorts of positions that it doesn't normally (like inversions etc).

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:25 pm

Yes I know that B&Ms do become rougher with age but it would have to be going some to dislodge a tumour. I doubt that the doctor had actually rode Hulk anyway. If it was a Vekoma coaster (not a new one) I could believe it though.

Anonymous

Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:51 pm

Well, I doubt any of us here have the medical knowledge to know what dislodges a tumour. :) But it's a roller-coaster, with inversions, and it puts your body through an experience unlike any other/ :)

Wez
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 pm

Interesting! It was a medium tumour so it was caught quite early!
As Kaycee says, any roller coaster shudders and jolts. The biology of tumours varies so much, so I havn't a single clue how it dislodged, but I can be sure that the motion of a roller coaster effects every part of your body quite substantially.

They say riding a roller coaster increases your blood pressure to hypertensive levels, scary! Excess cranial pressure caused by g-force or movement could have also affected the tumour.
The best, most informed enthusiast EVER!!111

Greenshorts
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:43 pm

Now i've heard about people with anaphlaxisa being cured on a rollercoaster after going into shock, due to the adrenaline. But not sure i'd want to risk it myself! :?

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:47 pm

Well i must admit that is a pleasant piece of news! Certainly cheered me up a little!

I can see it now.

"Roller Coasters.saving lives. So you dont have to" :P

Nemesista
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 07, 2006 11:03 am

If she'd ridden Corky the doctors probably would have greeted her off the ride!