UK theme parks from another point of view!

Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:59 pm

Mine has to be Top Thrill Dragster's Launch Track. It's amazing and i would love to get on Kingda Ka. TTD's launch seems never ending and i was crying out for it to stop.

Apparently TTD is miles better than KKa.

My favourite track segment would probably be top hats although I like the loop on Nemesis and the helix.

Anonymous

Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:16 pm

I think the basis for people saying that TTD is better than KK is simply down to the fact that TTD has lapbars, while KK has the full OTSR.

There's not much difference between the two coasters, and apart from the restraint system (and people highly favouring lapbars), it all stacks up on KK's side - it's taller, faster and has a huge airtime hill after the top hat. I think people who say TTD is better are really referring to the more 'free' feeling felt by having the Intamin lapbars.

BlackHole2006
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:23 pm

I loved the Black Hole's spiral lift in the face. TWICE! It was just so tense and slow and it was AMAZING.

Ok ingnore me.
This is my dignature. For now.........

Anonymous

Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:05 pm

I love the top of the first drop on Space Invader II at PBB, you can't see it until you are on it so panic. "They never finished the Ride!"

Mattmills
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:09 pm

Mine is Stealths Launch it just feels superb, and as i havnt ridden TTD or other Intamin Launch Coasters, i actually quite enjoy Rock 'N' Rollercoasters launch as that feels great eventhough it is quite slow!

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:50 am

"Rum""][quote=""Locker" wrote:
The Zero-G roll on Shockwave at DMP, without doubt :)

NO! lol :P That inversion is probably the scariest in the world. Approaching that, you're like 'no, no, we're just not going to fit' and it looks painfully tight and just. . .impossible really. I find it quite uncomfortable. It's definitely a strange one. [/quote]

Ew, gawd it's awful! Doesn't scare me, but it's just the notion of coming right of the floor and being entirelly supported by the lap bar. That, and my crazy paranoia that me phone or wallet may drop out of my pocket (despite my pocket being zipped up 99% of the time :P).

Without a doubt, Oblivions Drop. Insane! The first time a rode it at quite a meer age, it was the most unbelievably intense sensation I'd ever felt. It was verging on being unbearable, and yet it was the most fun experience ever. Now, it feels quite tame (perhaps because I'm not at all scared now - I was crying first time), but that first experience was the best experience I've ever had on a rollercoaster, and I remain to think it'll be the best sensation I ever will have on a coaster. Marvellous :D!

mezza
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:08 pm

Another vote for Blivvy's drop!

Or specifically, the section of track from the top of the lift hill to the brake run.

The serenity of pootling along the top, slowly, with great views all around - but the view of apparently no track whatsover in front of you and the pumping adrenaline about what's going to happen next - that still remains even after dozens of rides!

And then - the tilt and the hang - the view of a great big hole - ideally with mist oozing out -

And then, the release - and the acceleration - and the rush - unurpassed, in my mind, by any drop in the world - vertical or otherwise -

and the tunnel

and the burst back into daylight, the sharp left hand turn and the decceleration -

the best 10 seconds of any coaster in the world.
EXIT THROUGH THE SHIPPING CONTAINER

caffeine_demon
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:41 am

yeh - shockwaves zero g is quite insane!

oldgitBEN

Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:31 pm

hmmm a difficult choice.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig87.htm?picture=11

My first ever B&M and on my first day on rollercoasters too! I always remember popping out of the ground twisitng upside down and falling back in and it was so fast i remember watching it for aaages after I got off to work out where the bit of track was.

I want to go back to florida :(

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:38 pm

Mine would be the lift on G-Force http://www.rcdb.com/ig2926.htm?picture=12
Its amazing all the blood rushes to your head and you can feel yourself slipping and just when you think you are going to fall out it goes really fast into the next part of the ride.

:D

Anonymous

Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:56 pm

No question for mine, the drop on shekra at busch gardens. also this was my fist ever coaster in the USA and i was so scared and to get to the top was a great achivement for me, even though there was no turing back, belive me i tried! The first nemisis loop aswell as that was my very first time of going upsiade down and i was convinced i was going to fall out! Luckily I didnt though! :D

Joe-07
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:53 pm

http://www.towersnerd.com/gallery/800/2_rita2.jpg

That would probably be mine as I find the rush on the launch never seems to wear off. Absolutely love it :D

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:25 pm

"IT'S FRIGHT TIME" wrote:
http://www.towersnerd.com/gallery/800/2_rita2.jpg

That would probably be mine as I find the rush on the launch never seems to wear off. Absolutely love it :D

If you think that is good you have to go on TTD. It is excellent and the lights counting down are the most adreneline filled time of my life. The seat really holds you in and the lay bars make you feel so vulerable. TTD is a must before any other launch coasters.

Rory
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:33 pm

The first drop on speed is pretty awesome as its completely different, as is the first inversion on the hulk, just after the launch track

henry96
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Best Piece of Track On Any Rollercoaster?

Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Nemesis's helix and the inversion over the station after it. The G-Force on the helix on the back is madness. Love it :D

Danger Noise
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:05 pm

nemesis' helix is enjoyably brutal, i also quite like the initial turn then ever so gentle drop/acceleration that is just enough to make your stomach floaty. the calm before the storm.
[url=http://www.dangernoiseaudio.com\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.dangernoiseaudio.com[/url]

[url=http://soundcloud.com/rich-dangernoise/november-drum-n-bass-mix-tech-rich\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://soundcloud.com/rich-dangernoise/ ... -tech-rich[/url]

kingda dude
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:14 pm

I think that the best piece of track on any roller coaster, visually and physically riding it, is the sky loop on Abismo:

http://www.rcdb.com/3185.htm?p=15466

The Gs and airtime you get on the roll are awesome and also the visual appearance of both the lift and loop together make an impacting image on the people approaching the ride.
"The Marmalisation Process has been scientifically designed to ensure a sense of euphoria and satisfaction should be had by all... There are no, known, Long Term side effects to the Marmalisation process, however short term side effects may include: dizziness, vomiting, loss of balance, loss of limb control, feinting, wild hallucinations but most importantly Smiles!"