UK theme parks from another point of view!

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

What Is Your Favourite Coaster and Ride Overall?

Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:09 pm

Simple, the title says it all.

My top coaster would have to be Stealth at Thorpe Park.

My top ride including coasters would have to be Mission: SPACE at Epcot - just love the Gs :D. Pure intense :D.

You?

Dan
:D
Last edited by Danzaw*nk on Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

MostMagicalCat
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:49 pm

top ride, i like them :lol:
erm on a clean level i would have to say, the riverbank eye spy, so exilarating, the feel of speed on your nose, the crappy rabit drawings, oh yea the eye spy, gotta be the one.

Nemisis- havent beat it yet, havent went staiside yet, but done quite a few euro parks, love the dragon kahn but, nemisis just feels the best.i know corny and predictible, but nemmy i lurve you
[

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:07 pm

So far my best coaster would be a tie between The Hulk at IOA and Nemesis at Alton Towers.

My favourite overall ride is Tower of Terror at Disney-MGM Studios. :D

Ketchup
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:36 pm

A three way tie between Superman: Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England, Storm Runner at Hershey Park and Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure. I think it's clear that I like Intamin! :P

For non coaster rides its also a three way tie between the TOT at MGM, Hex at Alton and Spiderman at IOA.

Rollercoaster 4 Life
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:22 pm

My Favourite Coaster is out of SheiKra at Busch Gardens Tampa, The Hulk at IOA, Kraken at Sea World, or Nemesis at Alton Towers.

For non coaster rides it would be Spiderman at IOA, or Hurakan Condor at PortAventura.
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID][color=#000000]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!

Nutty dreadz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:15 pm

Can't quite decide, but I've always been torn between The Hulk and Duelling Dragons at Universal's IOA - Two absoultely fantastic rides, which I've always voted top two for many years, even though I've been a lot more newer coasters since going on them..

Non-coaster ride, torn between three:
Hex, Tower of Terror @ Disney MGM Studios, or Disney's Philarmagic @ Magic Kingdom (Sad I know, but I'm a big kid really!)

AstroDan

Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:47 pm

For me, the best overall ride experience I have had has to be Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland Paris. That is not to say, however, that is my favourite rollercoaster ever. Far from it, infact.

The best rollercoaster I have been on, for thrills, has to be Silver Star simply due to the phenomenal height and speeds which fail to relent over the impressive duration. However, that is not my favourite either.

For starts, nothing beats the superb drop into the crater on Nemesis Inferno, a ride which I reckon is really under-rated, even if it may play second fiddle in many eyes to Alton Towers classic.

Outside of a Disney ride, Europa Park's Poseidon, Alpenexpress and Euro-Mir rollercoasters are stunning, the latter also offering moments of great force as/if you plunge backwards through the 2nd half of the ride. Theming is also incredible, and, as someone put it - a satellite the size of Jodrell Bank stands next to Euro-Mir, merely as theming - and it even moves.

Other genuinely great rollercoasters I have been on include the relentless Tonnerre de Zeus, the speedy Trace du Hourrah and the enjoyable Air, but there is only one winner.

When there are no environmental conservation efforts, or DJ tents spoiling the atmosphere, Nemesis remains my best rollercoaster of all time, from those I have ridden. The proximity to the ground, individuality of this great masterpiece is simply what beats the other coasters hands down. The thing is, this ride wins overall. Sure, theming is better on other rides, force can be greater, so can speed - but this is a blend of all of these factors and as a result, it is simply the best! The likes of Oblivion and Rita are also good coasters, but the rush is over so, so fast, that Nemesis keeps it going for 40 od seconds!

Non-coaster-wise, my count is less than impressive. Europa Park's dark rides, whilst the theming is good, aren't amazing (Kassandra has little on Hex with exception to the moving seats), although the theming in the Tiroler Wildwasserbahn log flume is superb. Asterix offers the superb Oxygenarium, a bizarre water ride. Hex is a definite contender, and so is the great Samurai. But the winner? Pirates of the Carribean at Disneyland Paris! The magic, the depth, the queue. Amazing.

:D

cstacey
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:53 pm

I'd say my favourite coaster experience was Sheikra! The view of the ride when you pull into the coach park just sends a shiver down your spine.
The lift hill is steep and the holding brake seems to hold you there forever before a great drop. The immelman is ok and the second drop is quite good but purely for the first drop it is my favourite coaster!
Just another year until I can ride it again :shock:

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:11 pm

Bear in mind I havent been to America, so these are mostly European park coasters.

I really like, Speed at Oakwood however I can see the ride ageing a lot.
I also love Stealth but the ride is way too short, but its still an amazing ride.
Overall my favourite coaster (and ride) is Rock n Rollercoaster at Paris, the music, lighting, smoke, launch, speed and inversions really make this ride amazing.

Stevogriff
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:48 pm

My favourite coasters would be nemesis at alton and megafobia at oakwood. :D

My favourite ride overall would be tower of terror at florida.

Steve :D

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:50 am

Favourite Coaster = Nemesis

Favourite other ride would be = Spiderman in IOA

dave_lee

Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:36 am

Favourite Coaster = Nemesis

Favourite ride = Revenge of the mummy Universal studios, i didnt like it but the coaster part was great. Loads of air.

Anonymous

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:12 pm

My top five is...

1) PMBO
2) Nemesis
3) Grand National
4) Stealth
5) Nemesis Inferno

Williscroft

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:33 am

My top ride ever due to ride experience, theming and thrill factor would have to be Winjas Fear & Force at Phantasialand.

You walk into this building which has amazing theming from top to bottom, nothing is left un themed. The staff are all in costumes and are extremely friendly. The ride basically blows you away. It’s fast, thrilling and scary in parts and you come extremely close to theming and theres plenty of dark parts to the ride to. It has everything a top attraction needs and that’s why it’s my favourite coaster and also favourite ride of all time.

:)

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:44 am

Ermmm, let me think

I will have to say Air, a smooth and enjoyable ride and to me the lack of themeing adds to the simplicity of the ride

It's just pure greatness

Thomas