UK theme parks from another point of view!

hex_appeal
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

CONFIRMED - HARRY POTTER THEME PARK CANADA

Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:14 am

OMG!!! ive just heard that theyre making a harry potter theme park, theyre changing a full town into diagon alley, they have a quidditch ride with a levitation system in the style of impossible mission, theyres trolls in the parking lot, a night bus coaster and the locals of the town dress in harry potter clothes.......if you don't believe me check in google...warner brothers are making the park, what do you lot think?

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:18 pm

really? oh dear... thats bad, but should be funny!
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:27 pm

There is no information about this on Screamscape or any other Theme Park sites and I have searched in google and have found no information on such a thing. Would you be able to post a link ? I think its just a rumour as I really cannot find any official details on such a thing.

AstroDan

Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:13 pm

If this is the case, gutted it won't be in the UK.

I would much rather see a Harry Potter themed land in a theme park rather than a theme park solely dedicated to the brand.

There is a lot of scope for development, certainly, and the HP popularity won't be dying out for a long time, as the books will, indeed already are, becoming modern classics.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:18 pm

Could you provide proof please?

Sounds like BS.

hex_appeal
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:56 pm

hi, i can't find the site i was on the other day, but this one also gives detail of disney having it "wrapped up"

http://www.hpana.com/news.16993.html

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:57 pm

If this is true, i'm gutted it won't be in the UK, as that is the homeland of Harry Potter afterall. Big fan of the books and the movies so if it is true i hope its done correctly. Must agree with Astro though, i'd prefer to see a themed area rather than a whole themepark - then again i suppose there are quite a few sub areas of the books that could be transformed into lands. But i'l shut up sounding like a harry potter freak until there's definate proof :P

Interesting though.

AstroDan

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:25 pm

Hpana is a very reliable source for all things Harry Potter, so i'd say thats a very good source.

:D

Ryan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:41 pm

There have been lots of rumours going around for years about a Harry Potter park or area. But I never believe hardly any thing unless it’s been confirmed officially. But I would defiantly call this one BS the whole idea of converting a town and having locales dressed up is completely unrealistic as well as impractical. But the Hpana sounds a bit more realistic, although not sure about the Disney bit.
A Harry Potter park would defiantly match the UK more! It really depends on what size of a themed area it would be as there are 1,000’s of possibilities in the way of attraction that wouldn’t all fit in to an average sized area.

hex_appeal
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:48 am

yeah to be honest i'm not sure what to believe anymore, i believe that disney is takeing hold of the reigns (so expect so heavy themeing) as this is mention on numerous websites i have found detailing interviews and e-mails from disney staff,
however i don't think canada would be an ideal location and one website featured one of the locals saying "why have we not been told about this?" there is also a very confusing website featuring a fake harry potter theme park (its proper crazy)
i agree with the harry potter area but which theme park would host it??
one other thing to point out is that disney has no relation to harry potter, where as universal is heavily linked with WB who produce the films....its a strange one....but with a lord of the rings theme park apparently also in the mix its gonna be a funny one to follow

hex_appeal
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:13 pm

wow, its like the further down the rabbit hole you go, the stranger things get,
now ive just read an article claiming that disney are using the harry potter license for a museum/indoor attraction with a difference, that screams to me that disney may be building hogwarts.

then i read another article which claimed disney are using the license to test a dark ride based on harry potter in florida, and they may follow this with a full theme park if it is successful.

throw into the mix that six flags hold most of the time warner license (associated with potter) so they may use the license before disney fully claims the rights and this thing is incredibly confusing.....

Crofty

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:56 pm

Hex_Appeal Can you Quit the Double (and Triple )posting please. Use the Edit function if you have something that you want to add to your post. Also can you please use the Spellcheck function, I understand your at work but it only takes a second to check the spelling.

Thanks.

As for the Harry Potter Park/Ride, I can't see Disney taking over tbh Disney have their own big names, they don't need to buy the rights too other characters. Also I don't think that Disneyworld are in the market for another massive family ride just yet, they seem to be going for re-vamps at present after just opening Everest.

:D :D

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:25 pm

Disney dont feel the need for more big rides other than at Animal Kingdom but just to revamp what they have. I think Epcot could be up for a revamp soon along with many other areas which in places show there age, but very very magical without a doubt the best theme parks in the world bar none.

hex_appeal
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:11 am

sorry about the three posts, i didn't see the edit button lol, i'm unsure myself, i believe its something disney could be looking into, i know they have a large fanbase already, but adding harry potter fans to that fanbase?? i think dollar signs start spinning