UK theme parks from another point of view!

Joe-07
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

If you could ...

Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:46 pm

If you had the choice to visit 1 park anywhere on the planet, which would it be and why?

My choice would have to be Cedar Point due the to amazing selection of thrill rides and world class roller coasters. Also with Maverick being built for next year, there are so many unique attractions to keep me occupied for at least a few days.

So what's your choice?

Joe :D

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:45 pm

Cedar Point - its my heaven. Thrills all round. I require Gs!

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:24 pm

Hmmmm, Cedar Point or Magic Mountain.

As they just seem like coaster bliss!

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:25 pm

I would say Cedar Point aswell. It looks amazing. I know there isnt any really themeing but the ride and rollercoaster standard are soo high! :D

I am hoping to go there when I'm older, but it is very costly and hard to reach! Why is it in Ohio! :x :P

Matt :D

AstroDan

Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:46 pm

I'll break the mould.

Islands of Adventure.

Theme all the way for me! You know what i'm like! I think a theme can make an average rollercoaster absolutely excellent and whilst i would not snub Cedar Point, I just think IOA looks like one of the best themed parks on the planet.

Last edited by AstroDan on Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stevogriff
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:46 pm

Cedar Point! The coasters there look amazing and Maverick's looking good aswell! :)

Steve :D

AstroDan

Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:48 pm

Why does everyone moan and complain that Alton Towers don't do enough theming but the park everyone wants to visit the most does even less? Even if the coasters are more thrilling and in another class, it seems a bit hypocritical?

Perhaps I just look for other things in theme parks :P

:?

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:33 pm

Dan, I think it's because a large chunk of the UK coaster enthusiast community will have probably been to IOA, Disney etc. and because Cedar Point is fairly hard to get to, especially to get your family to, then I think that's why people would love to go, if they had the choice. You'd naturally want to go somewhere you haven't been before if it looks as good as CP does. Not to mention it's the roller coaster capital of the world! :lol:

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:35 pm

Amen to Liam. Yeah i'de settle for Florida again :). But i would just love to go to Cedar Point :).

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

oddjob777
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:36 pm

CEDAR POINT! Oh my god it looks amazing lol!!!
JAMES!!!

100% AT - 100% GREAT

\":D\"

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:09 pm

Disney

For the pure fact i ain't been & it is a park i have always wanted to go to

Thomas

caffeine_demon
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:58 pm

Can I go back in time as well and choose pleasureland?

Crofty

Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:32 am

My choice would be Cedar Point.

Just as Liam says. I've been to the parks in Orlando and will probably go many many more times :) its not that expensive and easy so arrange.
Cedar Point on the other hand is a total nightmare :lol: The only flights I can find in open season cost a tonne and i know very little about the location to arrange a trip for longer than a few days. Also my other half wouldn't be too impressed with all this spending for a trip to One park that won't interest her lol.
The only way I can see me getting there is if i have a nice long tour of the States someday.

In reply to AstroDans comment about people moaning about Alton then wanting to visit Cedar Point.
Cedar point is an amusement park, not a Theme park. :)

:D :D

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:54 pm

Oh so many parks I would love to go to. But if I had to pick one it would have to be

Phantasialand- A park that is said to beat Disney in theming with some great, fun, family rides and of course, this year- Black Mamba.

If it was coasters I was going for it would have to be Holiday World. 3 woodies- Voyage, Legend and Raven all of them in the top 20 in the world rankings and a brilliant park atmosphere.

This would be closely followed by Six Flags Great Adventure- 3 B&Ms, an Intamin Woodie, The tallest coaster in the world and much much more. It's enough to make any enthusiast drool.

Yeah, Cedar Point and Magic Mountain have got loads of coasters. But most of them are middling- Almost all the coasters at HW and at GA are top class
Last edited by CGM on Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MostMagicalCat
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:05 pm

busch gardens what more do you want, animals and coasters, mmm tasty theme park, although it was a hard toss up between that and europa park
[

Lozza
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:09 pm

So many parks to choose from! But i think i'll go with the obvious of cedar point. Since the first time quite a few years when i saw it on a TV programme, i've vowed to go one day. I'm usually one for a bit of theming but i'd choose those amazing rides any day! I should hopefully make it one day :D

AstroDan

Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:31 pm

I think it goes to show then, that people here on TTF are more in awe of an amusement park than a true theme park.

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:34 pm

"AstroDan" wrote:
I think it goes to show then, that people here on TTF are more in awe of an amusement park than a true theme park.

Judging by that we can hardly call Alton Towers a theme park then. :P

Top Thrill Dragster's theming is no worse than Rita's IMO, and Air is no more themed than Mantis is. Plus, they're actually going to do proper theming with Maverik. Alton Towers hasn't done any proper ride theming since 2000!

--

Anyway, personally I'd love to go to Tokyo Disney Sea purely for the theming and Cedar Point for the roller coasters. :D
The reason I put these at the top of my list is because I've experienced Florida, loved it, but want to explore even more, if I could...

AstroDan

Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:16 pm

To be honest, I haven't a clue about CP i have never been, or really taken much notice at it.

But yes the coasters do look very thrilling, there is no question it would be a great place to visit!

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:16 pm

I'm with Liam on this one, Tokyo Disney is where id go. Both parks look amazing and i'd go just to experience their Tower or Terror as it really does look amazing!

I'll get there one day...i tells ya!
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."