UK theme parks from another point of view!

Would starting a new theme park be successful?

Poll runs till Thu Jun 18, 2043 8:48 pm

Yes - Definitely
2 (18%)
Possibly
6 (55%)
Doubt It
3 (27%)

Total votes: 11

JammyC
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

A Brand New Theme Park?

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:24 am

Has anybody ever thought about creating a new theme park in the UK?

Our choice is fairly limited and there are areas far from any park.

It would be a career that would be very exciting, interesting and quite possibly feasibly.

Any comments suggestions, advice, interests or discussions:...

Go Ahead

Often these parks seem to be starting out with fairground travelling rides. Although I don't think these are suted to a theme park maybe they are more affordable to a new par, where would you get investment from what laws are there? Is it a Good Idea? Try The Poll!
ImageImage

Steve in labour
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:33 am

I would love to do that but getting that much investment would be next to impossible. :(

Anonymous

Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:44 pm

Ummm arrrhh. . .moved from AT General. And caps in title sorted out ;) thank you please.

Coaster Neil
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:03 pm

There's only one way to find out... I think it would be perfectly possibly, but it would require years of hard work preparing everything e.g. drawing up a business plan, aquiring the cash etc. I don't think it's impossible, but then again it wouldn't be without risk. I guess the big problem is it would be unfair to take large risks like that if you had others dependant on you such as children, but unless you happen to inherit a lot of money etc you're not going to be able to start something like that before you'e quite late on in life.
Neil Wilson
[url=http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=780005374&ref=profile\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/prof ... ef=profile[/url]

Lauzi
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:17 pm

I voted 'Doubt it' Simply because starting a small business is hard work, never mind a theme park! I'm sure it is possible but only for the most ambitious, determined people and unfortunately, not many people are.