UK theme parks from another point of view!

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:41 pm

Pirates of the Caribbean DLRP :D

evil cod

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:34 pm

ok maybe not the best but the full on coolest has to be the rat at lightwater valley, walking down the sewers. for best i would have to say europa park dispite never having been

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:05 pm

Either Poseidon, Atlantica Super Splash, Matterhorn Blitz, Rattlesnake or Hex.
Thats quite a few really.
Probably Poseidon is best. Really takes the misery out of queueing.

LiamC
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:17 pm

"Dara" wrote:
Either Poseidon, Atlantica Super Splash, Matterhorn Blitz, Rattlesnake or Hex.
Thats quite a few really.
Probably Poseidon is best. Really takes the misery out of queueing.

Where you paid by Astro Dan to say all that? Sounds like you where! Mine would have to be hex or Duelling Dragons!

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:21 pm

Ha ha! I don't think Astrodan the Europa Park man bribed me to say that unless he's sending me subliminal messages which wouldn't suprise me.

Spinball Wizzard
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:34 pm

I'd say Expedition Everest or DINOSAUR which are both at Walt Disney's Animal Kingdom in Florida.

In Everest love the oriental themed area and also the museum thing in the queue with tents which have been slashed, past photos of the Yeti.

In DINOSAUR queue line love the skeleton's and stained glass panels showing Dinosaurs.

Dinosaur queue line - Image

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:50 pm

Dinsoaur is very good actually now i think about it, i think its all about entertaining the guests so they are not bored, something Expidition Everest does very well

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:11 pm

When I went through the Dinosaur queue line, i didn't really like the model and surrounding theming. I thought it had too much of a museum feel to it. Then again, I wasn't actually queueing, i just walked through so maybe if I'd stayed a bit longer and listened to the special announcements, it would have been better.

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:47 pm

Dinosaur crossed my mind earlier come to think of it, Dinoland area is horrible but Dinosaur is amazingly themed, especially the queue. It is awesome. That deserves a mention.

Including the ones I said before I think all these deserve a mention:

- Mission SPACE
- Dueling Dragons
- Ripsaw falls at IOA
- Revenge of the Mummy
- It's Tough to be a Bug
- MIB
- Hex
- Duel
- Dr Doom's Fearfall
- Congo River Rapids at Animal Kingdom

There's obviously loads more which I can't think of :P.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:41 pm

For the queulines I've been in, it would have to be Hex and Terra Mitica's Labarynth of the Minotoar- the only thing that spoils it is that the music is really innapropriate.

I also quite liked the queuline on Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:41 pm

British Best Queue Lines:

Hex
Rattlesnake

International Queue Lines:

Mission:Space
Poseidon

All Four are really amazing, Rattlesnake is amazing for the area that it is in and Misson:Space actually scared me, it was amazing i thought i was actually going into Space.

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:49 pm

I've just thought of the queue for Templo Del Fuego at Port Avetura. Even though it's never actually used for queueing since the attraction has such high throughput, it is still a great queue line to walk through. Very atmospheric and sets the scene well for what you are about to experience.

Also I seem to remember Oblivion's queue being quite good before all the effects stopped working. I can only remember it vaugly since it's been so long since they were working. I also quite like the Dragon's Fury queue line since they layed the new ground so it's not all sludgy any more. The announcements are good and the dragon noises. It sets the scene well but it isn't too scary for the target audience.

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:27 am

The revenge of the mummy is pretty amazing. To be honest ALL the Q's in disney/universal are very special. Outside the US, I would say Hex.

Joe-07
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:33 pm

For me I think it would have to be Hex. The fact that you are actually queueing within the towers makes it that bit more erie. Also with the story told to you in the queue and other bits of theming, it is really atmospheric.

Such a shame Alton don't seem to want to do queue lines like this anymore.

Porsmond
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:31 am

Good Topic this.

I think a lot of my favourite choices are definatly in America. Universal have the pick of the bunch

Duelling Dragons - this is one of my all time favourite queue lines, absolutly stunning amount of detail inside the castle, with bits of themeing just about everywhere even in parts where you wouldnt think there is themeing, Its also the one ride where I dont really mind walking round the entire queue line just for another ride instead of cutting through a fire exit/baby pass line to get back in line quicker

Spiderman - Going through all the offices is pretty cool, some good attenstion to detail here

Ripsaw Falls - Some good themeing inside, and very well done

The Mummy - again quite impressive, love some of the interactive stuff you can do inside

MIB - Love the whole look of the queue, and where you pass MIB Headquarters, it looks so cool

ET - Not the greatest ride, but I love the queue line,so rich in detail, and you can easily be fooled you really are in a real forest,love all the extra stuff that goes on including ET coming up talking to you.

Pirates of the Carabean - The One in Paris has probably the best themed queue line, really looks cool some of the themeing you pass.

Crofty

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:07 pm

Ahh Yes, some great Queues at Universal :D

I also remembered Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. The queue is not Brilliant but is very well done and if I remember correctly its the only ride or indeed queueline in the world that has a real Dinosaur skeleton.

:D :D

Porsmond
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:37 pm

OK Silly Question, but I assume Dinosaur is still at Animal Kingdom(Told ya it was stupid) I'm going back to Florida in April,and will be going to Animal Kingdom this time(I wonder why 8) ) and I have been on the ride once before(The year Animal Kingdom opened actually) but I dont remember any of it, so I'm rather looking forward to giving it another try. Infact I cant wait to try out the Rapids too which I hear are good,The Spinning Coaster and of course Expedition Everest, Oh Yes Bring it on. :D

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:58 pm

Duel. Themeing may be worn and tatty, but that tilted room is incredible. I'm gonna be fanboyish and say Hex aswell since, like, what other queue is in the Armoury and Picture Gallery's of a gothic Castle? Both are unique and don't just relay on run of the mill, however amazing, themeing.

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:38 am

Duel would be good if the hand actually twitched and moved, and the head was back in the fire, and the rocking horse actually rocked and the book with its own turning pages was back. Or the guy whos eyes followed you around the room.

Sadly they will just rot away and wont be looked after......for shame!

Anonymous

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:31 pm

Ok, A few from me:

Duelling Dragons- Awesome attention to detail but if you are like me and need to wear glasses make sure you have them on in the Queue and not your sunglasses as you miss so much. Also you only really appreciate it in a long Q and as it is usually near enough walk on, its a bit wasted

Ripsaw Falls- Hilarious cardboard cutout theming at its best looks cheap but is cracking.

Pirates of the Carribean- Probably my favourite, really immersive as you entre the great loading cavern with the torchlights and music YO HO HO!!

Tower of Terror (Disneyworld). Probably the best themed ride ever and the Queue from the entrance door to the dank boiler room is just fantastic.

Best UK Queue theming is Hex or Stormforce10 although trauma towers can be quite fun in Chavpool.