UK theme parks from another point of view!

caffeine_demon
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

who needs oblivion?

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:48 am

Interesting looking vertical drop coaster:

offride:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1O-I5jYdVk

onride:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLJKF5XH8wM

Green.Wing
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:06 pm

Looks pants tbh and i bet its raged with down time.

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:54 pm

i found this vid a while back... looks ok... not as good as blivvy though. one prob with it though. ITS A VEKOMA!!!

nuff said

^^ Chris ^^
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

=>TOXIC<=
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:09 pm

I am not sure vekoma are as bad a company as first thought they have produced some great concepts recently and industry advancements.
There older coasters are rough as anything but they have come a long way since then.
Keep Rollin \":D\"

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:13 pm

I have seen this ride before and have heard information from a friend who has ridden it. He said that its nothing special and that it doesn't open for a long time in the day anyway, he said that the dispatching is dreadfully slow and waiting for the tilt to start is boring.

This coaster doesn't appeal to me at all, firstly because its a Vekoma and that it is in a park with loads of ****.

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:35 pm

"=>TOXIC<=" wrote:
I am not sure vekoma are as bad a company as first thought they have produced some great concepts recently and industry advancements.
There older coasters are rough as anything but they have come a long way since then.

how old are u talkin here?

and theyre ugly lol :P B+M all the way

^^ Chris ^^
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:55 pm

"mankey52"&quot;][quote=&quot;"=>TOXIC<=" wrote:

how old are u talkin here?

and theyre ugly lol :P B+M all the way

^^ Chris ^^
[/quote]

I find Intamin or B&M track the best looking out of them all and that coaster just looks un-safe as ****
......The one and only... :sus:

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:32 pm

I looked at the stats for Gravity Max on RCDB and it only reaches 56 MPH so is considerably slower than Oblivion.
I still think it looks really good though.

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:33 pm

Would not like to be on that train if the breaks released before the thing had swung into he correct way. It looks like there only pneumatic brakes. Scary. Also making sure the botom end of the track is 100% lined up with the normal track, just 1cm could be deadly. But does look good.

Chris1
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:56 pm

There's a metal hook which pops up to stop the train rolling off the edge, aswell as the pneumatic brakes.

It's perfectly safe, but it's probably as crap as all the other Vekoma coasters out there after the drop...

Ryan Kingdaka
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:21 pm

Where is there a Flamingo Land fanboy when ya need one!? :P :lol:

I've seen these type's of coaster before, and have built one, or two on rct3, and to be quite honest, they are crap, but when i first saw them on rct3 i thought, WTF!!

They are something......different, and would surely bring the crowds in for a while, but they are a tad messy, and don't have that a good input. So yeah, Oblivion!

Vokema have come a long way, with new trains, track, and various other makes that Vekoma have designed, and improved on.

I mean, look at Kumali. Kumali may not be the greatest of coasters, however, it is as smooth as a babies bottom!

Sarah_RKO
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:26 pm

Oblivion all the way, if you sit at the front you're already half way down the drop...
Jerichoholic..-- RAW..is...Jericho!

Autaven
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:03 pm

I need Oblivion! That looks horribly unsafe to me, I wouldn't feel right about going on it at all.

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:25 pm

hmmmm, it's quite ironic that most people are slating Vekoma in favour of B&M... - Anyone in favour of replacing Corky for a B&M :P
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum

$t£v£
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:25 pm

"Redcoat Jase" wrote:
hmmmm, it's quite ironic that most people are slating Vekoma in favour of B&M... - Anyone in favour of replacing Corky for a B&M :P

Yeah, me! Corkscrew is one of the roughest rides ive ever been on.
But I still love it, but B&M would make better use of that space, after the corkscrews on that what else is the except going round in circles for ages?

Also Vekomas are UGLY the track reminds me of human rib cages.
B&Ms though look beautiful and very imposing and to top it all that track makes a great sound and its smooth.
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.

Nemesis front row!
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:22 am

For me it's still Blivvy! That coaster just looks unsafe and a bit old as well. I'm not sure i would trust it even if it is 'perfectly safe'. Also if it only reaches 56 MPH that's just poor!

Sit back... it\'s fright time!

The Beast
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:24 am

to be fair i think this ride doe slook realy good but oblivion is better theres all that hassle it look like on the other one of like getting to the top stopping and tilting and stuf oblivion is better also i think the oblivion cars are more fun and they look better too :) it stil looks good though!
Keep Moving Forward.....