UK theme parks from another point of view!

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Most Hated and Loved Rides

Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:19 pm

What is your most Hated Ride and your most Loved Ride.
They can be either a coaster or a flat or even a dark ride, anyride and you personally love or hate.

My Loved Ride: Nemesis Inferno, it may not be as legendary as the origonal but i love it. It is a great ride with a fantastic layout and an unusual start. I could ride this coaster all day and i love it to pieces.

My Hated Ride: Goudurix, this ride is the worst of the worst and it sums up everything about Vekoma, the ride has no thrill at all because all you thinking about is the constant banging of your head and pressure on your shoulders. The ride lacks any atmosphere along with the station which seems to have just...gone. It is such a shame, that such a crap ride is next to the most amazing woody in Europe.

So i would like to know. What are you Most Loved and Hated Rides?

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:24 pm

Most Loved: Mission SPACE at Epcot. It's the most intense ride i'v ever been on. Scared the hell out of me and is just amazing, best ride ever!

Most hated: Probably Primevil Whirl at Animal Kingdom. It hurts your ribs, it's uncomfortable, not fun and doesn't fit in with the park at all! Looks like a fairground ride tbh!

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:38 pm

Most Loved: Stampida at Port Aventura. Just how all wooodies should be, especially in the blue train. The red train isn't as good - less airtime , slightly slower. etc. But Stampida on the red train I cant fault.

Most Hated: Imperial Leather Bubbleworks. It really is a tradgedy what they did to a once legendary ride. I would even go as far to say that this was Tussauds biggest mistake ever.

Kaycee

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:28 pm

Most hated ride is Quantum, but that's purely from a 'it makes me want to hurl' perspective. Otrer than that, I don't really hate any rides - even X: WTF is a ride fantastic for a bit of a laugh.

Most loved ride is Nemesis, if they ever got rid of it I'd be standing there as it closed for the last time bawling my eyes out lmao. :D

AstroDan

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:24 pm

My most hated ride is probably 'Cheval de Troie' at Parc Asterx. It's a Magic Carpet, similar to Quantum at Thorpe Park. However, this ride is one of the fastest carpets I have ever been on. Simply put, you get bruised and it is a danger. Since there is only one bar that goes across each row, small people are in danger of being bashed very rapidly into the divides in front, while large people are holding on basically for dear life. I have never been on a ride where I have genuinely held fear but in this instance, I did. It was uncomfortable, too painful and frankly should not be operated in such a manner.

My most loved ride is probably Nemesis at Alton Towers. The ride is fantastic and runs amazingly well. However no doubt most people are going to talk about Nemesis in one way or another, so I am going to parade Euro-Mir. It's a fantastic ride with a great soundtrack. It lasts about 6 minutes in total, and it really can get quite forceful backwards round some of the helixes. It was the ride I loved the most at EP on my first visit, and is the ride i love the most even now. Although granted, I don't love it as much as Nemmy ;-)! How could I!

caffeine_demon
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Coasterwise

Loved: Nemesis - still number one in my book!

Hated: Python at busch gardens

Themed rides:

Loved: Spiderman at IOA

Hated: charlie...

Flat rides:

Loved: boosters

Hated: The tango at goose fair last week (and other spin n spews)

bigblade40
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:00 am

Most Loved:

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Orlando

Most Hated:

Submission - it hurts your legs and is about as thrilling as drinking sick!
bigblade40