UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ryan Kingdaka
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

The Enthusiast

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:08 am

Now, i will totally credit a fellow member, Mackem Lad for this, as he and i had a chat a few days ago on msn about Light Water Valley.

Now, i said that Light Water valley is ****, as it isn't the best of parks, and doesn't really appeal to me in anyway, and he came to the conclusion that i had been influenced by other enthusiasts.

I will admit that i have not been on their signature ride, "The Ultimate", and that i have not been for around 5-6 years, but the place overall has not changed much since, and any changes that have been made are more in the direction of entertaining children.

I feel that there isn't enough for people of my age and obove when it comes to thrills at Light Water Valley, and that is totally my own opinion, and has not been fabricated from others comments in anyway.

The question is, do you, as enthusiasts think that people do get pulled in by others, go with the rest, and post what others say again just to look good on a forum, and get a higher post count?

I've seen this happen alot on this forum, and i'm not pointing at anyone imparticular, but it does happen.

Take Vekoma for instance. It's Vekoma, must be a crap ride, ooh it's a B&M, it's fantastic!! Now, i do find B&M's rides comfortable, but i also find some of Vekoma's latest models quite comfortable aswell. I see rollercoasters as they are, and i'll love them, or hate them! I don't exactly love Kumali, but it is a good ride, and if it was to have been a much longer ride, and was themed a little bit better, i would most certainly love it!

Anyway, enough from me for now. What do you think? :)