UK theme parks from another point of view!

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: KMG - Inversion - Rock Rage - it's here!

Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:58 pm

I do agree that most showman will check restraints. I'm not saying that fairgrounds aren't safe.

I'm just highlighting that at the last fair that I went to my restraint was not checked on a number of ocassions.

DiogoJ42

Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:10 pm

Fair dos, I guess it depends on the showman....
Of course, most of us on this forum are perfectly capable of sorting our own restraints out!* But obviously, they should still be officialy checked.

*I try to make their lives easier when the ride stops, by unlocking my own restraint where possible. I always stick my arm out of Enterprise and unlock the cage long before the ride-op has got to our pod! They always seem shocked that some-one knows where the catch is! :P

Anonymous

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:08 pm

The majority of new rides wont start until the restraint system is locked down far enough. Rides like a Topscan, Freak-Out, Superspin, Booster etc.

The older rides relies on force and sciencey things to hold you in. Waltzer, Rotor, Round Up etc.

So really your point isn't too valid Disco Ball, sorry. :D

AdamJ

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:18 pm

If you don't have trust in the fairgrounds, then why the hell post in a topic about them?

Fair enough ay' :wink:

Anonymous

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:28 pm

Can I just also add there are more deaths/ride accidents at theme parks worldwide than at fairgrounds.

If you look through rideaccidents.com you will be hard pushed to find any actual death from fairgrounds, but pages and pages of deaths from roller coasters and park rides.

Also the majority of ride accidents which are on the fairground are caused by people messing around in the ride or not following safety announcements. This was outlined recently I remember by the chairman of BALPA, on a Radio program.

Anonymous

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:50 pm

"A5H" wrote:
I'm sorry to say i don't do Fun Fairs :P
I just don't trust something that packs up on the back of a lorry and drives to another location :P i like my rides and rollercoasters connected strongly deep into the group :P :P

Are rides get checked before they get packed away & when there build up they get checked & get check before we open