UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Hard Labour: Travelling Theme Park

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:51 pm

After nearly a day of uploading/converting/ripping and getting ruddy stressed, I can now "Hopefully" share with you a amazing documentary aired on Discovery Channel in 2006

Its about 3 work-shy bums who dont want to work, and are made to go and work with Nottingham based James Mellors Amusements on their Travelling Theme Park.

Has extensive build up and pull down footage of Magic Mouse, Space Roller & The River Rapids.

If fairs are not your thing, then you should watch it anyway, as its highly amusing and entertaining.

46 Minutes Long

Part 1: [url=http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t0nvmimgged" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t0nvmimgged[/url]
Part 2: [url=http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1mzzukzymxr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1mzzukzymxr[/url]

Might be a idea to start downloading Part 2 whilst you are watching Part 1

Part 1: 183mb
Part 2: 99mb

Enjoy and look forward to comments and feedback.

Jnewcombe
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Hard Labour: Travelling Theme Park

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:52 pm

thanks mate will be downloading and watching tonight!
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!

DiogoJ42

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:20 pm

Nice one bruvva!

Very interesting show. The closest I've come to that kind of physical labour was working on that music festival last summer, and it's shattering... but also satisfying.
Thankfully, my normal job involves little more than sitting on my arse watching telly! :P

[spoiler:3fks601t]But seriously, how chavvy were those lads? :lol: At least two of them turned out alright in the end. Does that mean there is hope for chavkind after all? :?[/spoiler:3fks601t]

maguire245
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:48 pm

"Diogoj42" wrote:
But seriously, how chavvy were those lads? :lol: At least two of them turned out alright in the end. Does that mean there is hope for chavkind after all? :?

Once a chav, always a chav. Even if you change your dress sence, your still chav minded :P

I shall watch it, thanks a lot for uploading!

ThrillJunkie
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:22 pm

Could you not upload to YouTube? that way we won't need to download it.
ThrillJunkieUK

Anonymous

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:34 pm

"ThrillJunkie" wrote:
Could you not upload to YouTube? that way we won't need to download it.

Not really as:-

1. It breaches copyright
2. Its 45 minutes long which means I would have to upload 5 10min segments.

DanB
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:33 am

Very good video. Enjoyed watching!

WillPS
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:22 am

Good upload. You buggered up the aspect ratio at some point, but this can be corrected by using VLC and setting Video --> Aspect Ratio for 4:3

Other than that, very enjoyable!

btw - ruTube ignore copyright warnings.

andy_sj
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Cheers for uploading that! I missed that when it was on tv. Really enjoyed watching that, good to see at least two of them getting something out of it.

ThrillJunkie
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:08 am

Finally got around to watching this last night and enjoyed it. Provided a good insight of what its like to work on a fair. You forget how much time and effort goes into construction and taking down these attractions.

Thanks for posting.
ThrillJunkieUK

Coaster Neil
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:11 am

Here’s another TV alert. This Sunday (31 October) at 8:00pm, Channel 4 is showing the Under Cover Boss USA with Joe Mandy from Herschend Family Entertainment.

They operate a number of attractions including the amusement parks:
Silver Dollar City
Dollywood
Wild Adventures

It was shown in the USA a while ago so some people may have seen it already. I don't think it's been shown before on the main British channels, although it may have been.

For those who have not seen the Undercover Boss the premise is that a big cheese from a reasonably large company is going undercover to see how things work on the 'shop floor'. There is a British version as well. The opening sequence to the American version can seem a bit OTT, but don't let it put you off as they are absorbing once you get into them.

The theory is that by doing the 'experiment' they can go back to their board and suggest viable ways to fine tune the business. The staff do know that it's being filmed and do sometimes guess that it is the Under Cover Boss (not sure if they will in this one). They do, however, invent a cover story where they explain that it's being filmed for another purpose (e.g. a documentary to try and reintegrate someone who's been unemployed for years back into the work place).
Neil Wilson
[url=http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=780005374&ref=profile\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/prof ... ef=profile[/url]