UK theme parks from another point of view!

Deleted
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Singapore Flyer & Ferris Wheels

Tue May 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Excellent documentary on the history and construction of Ferris Wheels incluidng the London Eye and the worlds largest wheel "The Singapore Flyer"

[url=http://demand.five.tv/Episode.aspx?episodeBaseName=C5143120010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://demand.five.tv/Episode.aspx?epis ... 5143120010[/url]

Jnewcombe
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Singapore Flyer & Ferris Wheels

Sun May 09, 2010 6:44 pm

nice find mate
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!

DiogoJ42

Mon May 10, 2010 5:01 am

Cool!

I'll say one thing, that Chinese wheel is ugly as sin! And the Singapore one looks like it's capsules are made from oil drums. :lol:

Makes you realise just how elegant the London Eye is. And do you know, despite being a Londoner, I've never been on it. :no: I might just have to do something about that now.

SAM93

Mon May 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Really was very interesting indeed! Great watch.

But yes I thought that too Diogo, the Eye really is the most Elegant of the Giant Wheels, also the only one to have ever attempted the single sided support system! :)

The Star of Nanchang's supports and also the wheel itself are just far too complex making it look a bit messy in my opinion! (Looks good at night though!) The Singapore Flyer does look better but I do not like the Capsules!

The two new ones that are going up are better though:

Great Berlin Wheel

Great Beijing Wheel

But still go on saying the Eye is the best looking!

Khanage
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 10, 2010 6:25 pm

Very interesting documentary there. Not too keen on the Chinese one personally; it looks archaic compared to the modern beauties of the London Eye and the Singapore Flyer.

The two new wheels posted above look really nice though.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.