UK theme parks from another point of view!

Luce
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Worst Flat Rides

Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:47 am

We often see topics about the best rides, but I thought we could be a bit different and do the worst flat rides that we've been on.  Here are my choices, based on my personal opinion :)  All of them were really unpleasant and I was glad I only rode them once!

1. Crazy Train

2. Skymaster

3. Twin Spin/Megaspin

Last edited by Luce on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: Worst Flat Rides

Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:48 pm

I echo all of the above. Also how about these little gems:

Fabbri Megadance. A truly unpleasant ride experience.

Does this need an explanation?

Or this?

JoeGibbon
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Adz wrote:

Or this?

I actually enjoy Slammer. It's good fun if. You don't pull the shoulder harness down too far

ImURNemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:27 pm

I've never understood the hate towards slammer. I have always enjoyed riding it. (When its open)

For me anything that spins franticly would go in my worst flats. Black revolver at Drayton Manor is one of them. I've never seen why people like it. You spin in the dark with terrible music playing and stobe lights in your eyes the whole time.  :sick:

I'm so glad its no longer there.

Rollermad
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:21 pm

The roller is on my must ride list. I saw it 2 years ago in Watford but didn't ride. :( not seen since 2010.

Wildboy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:50 pm

For me its the classic Waltzer. We had someone constantly spinning us when I went on one with my sister once and we were going so fast we couldnt open our rib cages to breath properly from the forces. Neither of us could muster enough breath to shout or scream to stop spinning so we came off and passed out on the grass afterwards, then went home to bed. I have been on them in more recent years and im pleased to say that I have never experienced a force as intense as that one.
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:56 pm

Waltzers are my absolute favourite UK fair ride. But then I'm slightly bias as I work on one part time.

That being said, Black Revolver at Drayton Manor was a horrible example of such a ride. Usually run slowly and devoid of any atmosphere.

Luce
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:34 pm

I agree that waltzers are very good but I've been spoilt by my favourite one which is Bensons :) Although I have been on some pretty bad ones over the years.

Also I'm not a fan of Slammer either, it just isn't a comfortable ride in my view.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:38 pm

Here's yet another fine example of a horrible ride...

sweedish2009
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:10 pm

From childhood experience I would have to say Rodeo, previously of CWOA.

Horrible ride, and I seem to recall it being called something else when it was at the back of the park, near the old Circus tent. For some reason the ride attendant let me on, baring in mind I was only about 7, and came extremely close to slipping out!

Same thing happened at ruddy Alton Towers with the magic carpet ride, almost came out of it mid ride!
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low

JoshC.
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Slammer. 

Unreliable.  Boring.  Poor throughput. 

Seriously, worst ride I've been on, not just worst flat ride.  The thing is awful.
Who is Lez Cougan?
I am Lez Cougan.
We are Lez Cougan.

dominoes
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:53 am

Slammer. However, I think that is only because I had my restraints done up too tight.

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:39 pm

Slammer is Marmite in my opinion, you either love it or hate it. Personally it's my favorite flat :)

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:42 pm

KMG Afterburners. Any ride I need to brace for impact when being restrained kind of unnerves me...
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

ukool
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Wirlwind at lightwater valley - i dont mind spining around upside down but this thing was just awfull!

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:01 am

all i will say on the above comment if you didn't like Whirlwind which i think was the original TopBuzz allthough i could be wrong..Steer well clear of The Beast at Fantasy Island i would dare say after experiencing TopBuzz 1 and 2, SpaceRoller and Samurai the Beast kicks them all in the knackers and laughs while it gets off with its other half.. Seriously i don't know how they manage to get it like they do but wow!

The 2 flat rides for me would have to be a very well operated"not a go thing in this case" Tagada
and Stargate that is on the uk fair circuit. for those who dont know of it. Stargate is one of those wonderfull attractions where the whole gondola spins very very fast and then starts mercilessly rolling over and over and over..
It is the only fair ride that has ever made me feel ill.. and the strange thing is my fave is or was Equinox. I think what tops Stargate off is that your in a standing position unlike MegaSpin which is sit down and you usually get held upside down spinning for at least 10 seconds with about 4ft of thick smoke mixed in with you and some of the strongest strobes out there. Find a youtube vid at night of the ride and you will understand.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123

AJLlama
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:57 am

I Like most of the above rides, i think the worst for me is probably the waltzer, i'm pretty tall so have to curl up a bit and end up feeling pretty ill.

Love slammer & Rodeo (Juggler BTW) i too went on it aged 7-8 and it terrified me for the same reason, but it was something to "build up" to on later visits, also my friend threw up spectacularly after rodeo, there were whole chips in there!

Rollermad
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Beware of These:
Roller
Submission
Rotor
Crazy Bikes (When ur stuck at the top!)
Turbo (Old American ride that is insane- London eye X10 Speed + 360o carriages + Zodiac = Turbo!!!
Break dance
Zippers!