UK theme parks from another point of view!

DontLookDown98
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tidal Wave Vs Splash Mountain Vs Tutuki Splash

Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:23 pm

which one would you choose would you choose Tidal Wave Located in Thorpe Park with the one massive drop plus a mahousive splash. Tutuki Splash in Port Aventura which is based in a volcano in the deep Mediterranean island where you journey through the middle of the volcano then have a little drop were you turn round and go up a big climb where it implies the it has erupted and then they get soaked and Finally Splash Mountain is a very good ride but if i had to be my favorite would be all of them leave your views PEOPLE !!!! ;) :) :D :O :shock: :?
Last edited by DontLookDown98 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpe Park my faviourte park in britan love The Swarm and Stealth

sweedish2009
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Tidal Wave Vs Splash Mountain Vs Tutuki Splash

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:26 am

If people are looking for size and a big thrill you'd say Tidal Wave all day long, however I'd have to say Splash Mountain. It's on a completely different level, the theming, experience, drop, the lot...........it's something only Disney can create.

I've been on all three, and I must say Tutuki did nothing to excite me, very small drops, broke down a few times aswell!

Splash Mountain all the way!
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 am

A bit random isn't this? Why not what is your favourite Shoot-the-Chute ride (although technically SM is a Log Flume)? And as only one of them are owned by Merlin this might be in the wrong topic.

I've only been on Tidal Wave but I've seen Tutuki Splash (although it wasn't operating) and can fairly confidently say Tidal Wave does its job better. Splash Mountain I can't compare as I've never been on it and feel it has very little in common with Tidal Wave to make a comparison.
ImageImage

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Splash Mountain, perfect in every way and in a HOT country. The others are lacking either a hot country or being good.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:04 pm

To me Tidal Wave goes too far, it's tall enough for it to start being too much for all the family.

One thing that's noteworthy is that Disneyland Splash mountain has more traditional single file logs whereas Magic Kingdom and Disney Tokyo have wider logs that sit two in a row (and seem to make me lose my stomach more).

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:00 am

Exactly, it's not all about how wet you get. Tidal Wave doesn't even provide that good a ride experience, it's a pretty slow drop then when you hit the bottom it feels like someone's just chucked several buckets over you.

For me Tutuki Splash, far better overall ride experience  :)

schmatt
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:07 am

I agree that tidal wave has a poor ride experience, out of the 3 you listed it would have to be Splash mountain.
However Drenched at Oakwood has to be my favorite water ride to date. Provides a giant splash, thrilling drop and is visually attractive (especially at night) Plus that drop can compete with oblivion. In fact it probably scares me more, all we need now is a holding break . Please? :lol:
A great video that shows this ride beautifully:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6O20Hwerc

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:14 pm

But then that insane airtime as you fly over the drop would be gone! I agree, Drenched is amazing, and as Perilous Plunge is closed, completely one of its kind!
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...