UK theme parks from another point of view!

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley

Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:07 pm

Hogshead :lol love it!!

That would have to be confirmed by park the day or days before you go. Although I would imagine that by then it should have quietened down so I'd expect you should have access to Hogsmede and Diagon Alley :)

Fish777
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:36 pm

Oops, meant hogsmeade stupid autocorrect but thanks!

last time i went, i was too small for incredible hulk and duelling dragons which was a shame but this time I'm tall enough and can't wait to go on them.
I'm trying to refrain from looking at any info on Gringotts ride though, i want it to be a surprise
do you think it will be better than forbidden journey? It’s gonna have to pull something really good to beat forbidden journey IMO
Last edited by Michelle on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove mulitple posts, please avoid this where possible and PM a member of the team to merge the posts if you are unable to do so yourself, Thanks! ~ Michelle

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:22 pm

Its a totally different ride to Forbidden Journey so they would be tough to compare, but they are both great rides.

marita
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:57 am

So we have just come back from Orlando and we were very privileged to have experienced Diagon Alley.

Sunday the 6th July the Hogwarts Express was running. We took the 3 and a half minute train journey to Islands of Adventure and it was not what i was expecting, but was non the less fantastic. We took the return journey which is another experience.

Diagon alley is amazing and Im not a Potter Fan tbh, London was just like being there. The Gringotts ride, my family were not impressed and said that Transformers beat the ride hands down. I will warn larger guests tho there are leg restraints which make the seating difficult.
On opening day the longest part of the queue to get into the Alley was recorded at 10 hours!!!!

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:14 pm

Not sure of the reason, but it has been confirmed by Universal that Diagonal Alley will not open during their Halloween event Halloween Horror Nights, which is from Septermber 19th to November 1.

The reason is unknown, but I guess because the event already gets the park busy, they don't want guests that are just coming to visit Diagon Alley.

Fish777
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:25 am

:( shame

Bag_O_Laughs
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:26 pm

DannyG wrote:
Not sure of the reason, but it has been confirmed by Universal that Diagonal Alley will not open during their Halloween event Halloween Horror Nights, which is from Septermber 19th to November 1.

The reason is unknown, but I guess because the event already gets the park busy, they don't want guests that are just coming to visit Diagon Alley.

Perhaps its because its such a confined space compared to the rest of the park? Halloween horror nights could cause serious over crowding in that area... especially Knockturn alley, which is the "spooky" section.

So they'll have to put attendants at the entrance to Diagon alley, which cost money and will take attendance away from the haunted houses.

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Universal Orlando Resort

Thu May 07, 2015 9:46 am

Its been announced today that Nintendo has signed a deal with Universal to bring Nintendo themed attractions to their theme parks.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-coming-to ... Socialflow

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nintendo coming to Universal Studios

Thu May 07, 2015 9:11 pm

I wonder if this is what the current Marvel themed rides will be re themed to?
Will be gutting to lose Spider-Man if they do, but thats a large section of park that would be great as Nintendo characters. Not the same, but I'm sure with Universal's budget they'll make it fantastic :)

LiamJDouse
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 07, 2015 9:45 pm

DannyG wrote:
I wonder if this is what the current Marvel themed rides will be re themed to?
Will be gutting to lose Spider-Man if they do, but thats a large section of park that would be great as Nintendo characters. Not the same, but I'm sure with Universal's budget they'll make it fantastic :)

This was my thinking exactly. I wonder what Superhero Island would look like re-themed to Nintendo? My main interest is what The Hulk coaster would become? Any thoughts?

Luce
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 07, 2015 9:49 pm

I think this is certainly an interesting partnership and I look forward to seeing what happens. Knowing Universal, I expect they'll do something great :)

JustWill

Thu May 07, 2015 10:23 pm

It better not just be Mario ;)

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 07, 2015 11:12 pm

Assuming Hulk was re themed to Nintendo, I'd say the obvious option would be Bowser from the Mario series :)

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 07, 2015 11:32 pm

I think this might not Be as great as expected as Nintendo are now just the console which has lost the most customers in recent years, it will be great for Nintendo, but I'm not sure about the benefit for universal. There was even talks about getting rid of the wii u for low sales but I'm not really an expert on the video game market! I think the attractions will be great though.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu May 07, 2015 11:53 pm

I expect we'll first see the IP at the Japan park, where it'll no doubt be quite popular and suited to that market.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 09, 2015 6:23 am

Spider-Man could be changed into a Mario Kart ride.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat May 09, 2015 6:03 pm

Can i just check something, because i'm confused. Is Nintendo land taking over marvel land?

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 09, 2015 11:35 pm

No Dom that hasnt been announced, it's not been rumoured by any of the insiders either.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 11, 2015 6:05 am

Disney and Universal are in talks Together about the future use of the Marvel name.

LiamJDouse
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 11, 2015 1:44 pm

I thought this was a fun read, gets your imagination flowing!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/feat ... QeaI9hITsq