UK theme parks from another point of view!

Rita Fan
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Islands of Adventure: Marvel Superhero Island refurbishm

Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Wow. How horrible of them to do. Just because you probably won't be using those trains again doesn't mean you can throw them around like trash. That really upset that picture. It really did :(
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:46 am

Track has now joined the train in the dump!

Rita Fan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:02 pm

:ashamed: Wow. I feel even more upset.
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

ponder
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:24 pm

Adam.W wrote:
Well, we could be seeing something a lot better instead? :)

Perhaps... but it's not a huge footprint.

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Halloween Horror Nights 25 - Orlando

Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:15 pm

marita wrote:
I am going out in 7 weeks just for the Halloween week. I can't wait, went in 2011 which was amazing. Any one else out the 24-31st?

I am trying to convince my parents to go round that time, but doubt i'll happen!! Anyone been to the event, from what i've heard it's the best it's been in a VERY VERY long time!!

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Planning documents point towards it not getting a new layout. Seems a massive amount to spend for minor tweaks though.

Floorless cars and new effects before and during the launch perhaps?

themealgang
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:56 am

I read today something that's worth considering with regards to the refurbishment of The Incredible Hulk Coaster.

I know Screamscape isn't the most reliable resource for information, but the site was reporting today a rather disturbing rumour that worryingly, the original manufacture of the ride, Bolliger and Mabillard, will have NOTHING to do with the refurbishment of the coaster.

At this stage this could seem rather plausible because at the Ohio plant where B&M build their American coasters, there has been no reported signs of track other than those pieces for the new Dive Coaster at Cedar Point and SeaWorld's new Hyper Coaster.

It all seems very strange when you consider the operational demands of the rides at Universal. The place is open 365 days a year, 7 days a week and the Incredible Hulk Coaster must be one of the most used roller coasters in the world. And with demands such as this, you would think only the elite would do, which, of course, B&M are.

I'm taking it with a massive grain of salt for now.

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:44 am

Universal have confirmed that B&M are the manufacturers of the Hluk renovation :)

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:16 pm

More of the Hulk has been removed. (More photos on In The Loop's Facebook page)

There are also rumours saying the ride will possibly recieve a new colour scheme, and with supports now being removed - the possibility of an altered layout!
Last edited by Owen on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rita Fan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:23 pm

What is this refurbishment going to do.

SkuM001
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:20 pm

At what point does a refurbishment just become a new ride. They are getting new trains, new track, new supports. It sounds a lot like a new ride rather than a refurbishment.

Rita Fan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:40 pm

They might as well just pull the entire damn thing down, and put something new there! As SkuM001 just said, this "refurbishment" is now just becoming a new ride! What's the point???

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:46 pm

The point is that they are putting money into what was becoming a rough and unenjoyable ride. Surely this is a good thing? Be grateful for what is too come as opposed to complaining about something that is going to make The Hulk one of the best attractions out there again.

Rita Fan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:48 pm

I didn't think anything was wrong with hulk...

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:01 pm

Rita Fan wrote:

The Hulk is often regarded as a rough ride and that its theming is becoming out dated. So, Universal have decided to keep it on top and give it a major refurbishment.

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:03 pm

Rita Fan wrote:

Whilst it can't be confirmed that this is true, this was written on Orlando United

About a week ago I completely out of the blue met someone who was a lead mechanic when IOA opened. He was heavily involved in the opening of Hulk and DC/DD. He was one of the first people to ride hulk when they began testing. While I cannot definitively prove his record or that everything he says is true/accurate he really seemed to know what he was talking about and had pictures to back a lot of this up.

Anyways, he says that about 1-2 years after Hulk opened his team began noticing very small stress fractures in the steel, nothing that needed immediate attention, but something to keep a close eye on over the years. He and his team put together a proposal to management that involved replacing a large chunk of track in the high-stress areas and replace them with beefier track pieces. They also recommended some technical improvements (i.e.: better launch tech) to keep the ride operating at 100%. He told me that his plan is the one that they are using for this refurb (obviously along with other rv changes and other improvements).

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:09 pm

Sorry for the double post but there have been some changes. Work has continued on taking down the hulk with half of the cobra roll now gone.

It's also worth noting that Storm Force Accelerator has now been shut as well too due to the Hulk construction.

Another thing that has been noticed is that the new hulk sign on the construction walls glows green at night. It has been long rumoured that the track might glow green at night, could that be hinting at it?

Credit to bioreconstruct for the photos.

ponder
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:17 pm

Owen wrote:
Rita Fan wrote:

The Hulk is often regarded as a rough ride and that its theming is becoming out dated. So, Universal have decided to keep it on top and give it a major refurbishment.

It was fine last year. Not rough at all. I'm guessing the Orlando United account is probably the most accurate reason. Let's hope it doesn't become a lesser ride, as it's comfortably in the top 3 coasters in Florida, imo.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon - Uni Orlando

Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:01 am

With Twister: Ride It Out now gone from Universal Studios Orlando, a new attraction has already been lined up to replace it...

Yes, Universal Orlando are replacing Twister: Ride It Out with a Jimmy Fallon ride...

The ride is set to open in 2017 and has been described as 'similar to Harry Potter and The Escape From Gringotts'. The ride will feature 3D technology and have the American talk show host Jimmy Fallon as what can be assume to be the main charater for the ride.

Universal Orlando wrote:
Inspired by the popular Tonight Show segment, Race through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon will pit you against Jimmy in a wild race through one of the worlds greatest city - New aboriginal City. Opens in 2017

You can watch the short announce video here.

I'm not sure if I like this idea - however with construction having already started (removing Twister: Ride It Out scenery) I think this is one to look forward to - even if it sounds absolutely bonkers!

So what do you think about this ride? Discuss below!

Rita Fan
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon - Uni Orland

Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:21 am

Sounds kinda rubbish, really. Twister was a fantastic sfx show, only to be replaced by Jimmy fallon. JIMMY FALLON. Really universal? What were you thinking???