UK theme parks from another point of view!

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Universal Orlando Resort

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:15 am

So, with Hagrids ride now open.. track for the new Jurassic World coaster has begun to arrive.

From the looks of the track, the rumour that it would be a Mack coaster was just a rumour. As the track resembles Intamin's latest additions globally.

Midway Mayhem has a very nice video of the few track pieces that have already arrived, by my counts I'd say at least 6/8 pieces have arrived.

Quite amazed how 1 ride opens, and another begins construction.. this being the case, could see a very possible 2020 opening.

2 world class coasters in the space of 1 year? What even is this?!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:04 am

PhNx Survivor wrote:
Quite amazed how 1 ride opens, and another begins construction.. this being the case, could see a very possible 2020 opening.

It's just the kind of development you'd expect to see from the 6th largest theme park operator in the world. I wonder what the top two could do? :sus:

I would guess a 2020 opening might be a bit hopeful. If it's going to be themed around Jurassic Park/World, then adding the theming could take another year alone. Although Hagrid's was very quick to be put together once all the pieces arrived.

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:12 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:

It's just the kind of development you'd expect to see from the 6th largest theme park operator in the world. I wonder what the top two could do? :sus:

I would guess a 2020 opening might be a bit hopeful. If it's going to be themed around Jurassic Park/World, then adding the theming could take another year alone. Although Hagrid's was very quick to be put together once all the pieces arrived.

I wonder myself, I know Disney are currently doing something new with the Avengers re-theme and obviously with the recently opened Star Wars land, but still feels underwhelming.. as for Merlin.. I don't even think they could comprehend the idea of 2 coasters in a year :lol

I would say so aswell, however looking at recent activity, ground work is already on its way, and all foliage and current buildings have either been removed or moved. Buildings are also currently having small re-themes to match the Jurassic World colours. The area appears to be ready for ground work construction for majority of the ride, and theming. And yeah like you say, Hagrids theming was done reasonably quick for the detail that was produced.. I do believe we'll see a May 2020 opening, if not shortly after.

I think what would stall the opening till 2021 would be the entire area re-theme, I mean Jurassic River ride would need a considerable re-theme with new animatronics possibly.

Either way, very exciting news! Especially how the "Fantastic World's" park is now starting to get somewhere.
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:31 pm

I still think having two multi-launch coasters next to each other is kinda weird, even if one's a family and one's an extreme white knuckle coaster.

I suspect this is a coaster they're aiming to have built quickly in order to stop people delaying their holiday a year or two whilst Fantastic Worlds is being built. I wouldn't expect it to have the level of themeing of the Harry Potter rides.

I think with Universal are going to keep leaving Disney in the dust with their big budget rides. Outside of the queuing/downtime I can't find a single negative thing said about Hagrid's coaster whereas Star Wars Land, the Millenium Falcon ride in particular, has a lot of 'it's okay...' type.

Don't think Marvel Land at DLP is going to come close to either Harry Potter or Star Wars. The art shown so far doesn't have a cohesive theme and it's looking like outside the Avengers coaster retheme. The Spider-man ride looks disappointing (Midway Mania clone) and the "pym labs" attraction looks very likely to be Ant-man & the Wasp (clone of buzz lightyear)

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:21 pm

The rumours are it's going to open around the same time as the new Jurassic World movie which opens in 2021 which ties in with the permits as they also run to 2021.

It also seems as if there is some truth in the Mack rumour but it may just be with regards to the operations rather than the whole build 

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:48 pm

'leaked' models showing off the new Nintendo land. Not impossible these are faked but someone put a huge amount of work into them.

https://orlandoparkstop.com/news/rumors/leaked-model-photos-show-off-super-nintendo-world-for-universal-parks/

It looks absolutely incredible. A couple of thoughts: At the top of the Donkey Kong ride it looks like you're fired out of the barrel onto track which confirmed it uses a ride system that fakes jumping off the track. Also seems the first real confirmation I've seen of a Yoshi ride.