UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

My first coaster

Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:11 pm

I started this topic on Rideas many years ago with a very big response!

My first coaster...

Coaster - Crazy loop
Park - Flamingo land

I was about 12 and rolleroasters really scared me. I couldnt even watch people on them. A family day out to flamingo land turned into a nightmare. My sister begged me all day to try this coaster but I couldnt do it. Watching riders going upside down was sheer terror. There was also a massive vat of water underneath the loop for some reason, god knows why but I thought it was in case the train dropped off.

At the end of the day I had to do it. I remember being taken up the lifthill shaking and praying. I pushed myself back into the seat as hard as I could with my eyes tightly shut. All the way round I screamed like a girl :-( thinking I was going to fly out but then it finished. For weeks afterwards I thought I was the bravest person ever :lol: . A few Blackpool trips after and I was a fully fledged coaster nut. :D/

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:14 pm

It was Montezoomers revenge in Knotts berry farm, i was about 12 and we went on it non stop for an hour (you know getting off running around, getting back on kinda thing!)

I got the bug from there and the rest is history!

Sir Coastalot
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:19 pm

I'm hoping it will be the Mine Train at Alton in a few weeks.

Anonymous

Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:28 pm

Proper Rollercoaster: Corkscrew - with my uncle at back
2nd: Nemises

Anonymous

Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:06 am

Moved to Other UK Parks from Other Parks Trip Planning and Reports.

Kaycee x

:twisted: :P

georgiegirl
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:34 am

hmmmm well i sort of have two really. my first ever was grand national at blackpool pleasure beach when i was about 9. I hated every minute of it!

Then i didnt go on anything until the year oblivion opened (my first visit to AT) and my mum dragged me on it because she was determined i was going to get my moneys worth that day! Needless to say I loved it, went on every ride that day and have loved rides ever since, guess i owe it to my mum huh?! :mrgreen:

Dom1991
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:45 am

My first true coaster was Air then Corky then Florida's coasters. Trust me to dive near the deep end. :lol:

doom+sons1988
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:11 am

Corkscrew
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"

Anonymous

Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:41 am

Good old Corky for me!

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:48 am

Corkie, then the bullet, then magnum force. Never again (well i rode it 3 times afterwards but).

Fist alton coaster was air i think, then oblivion, got dragged on nemmie! :P

tbork
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:07 am

woo talk about deep end! my first coaster was el condor at Six flags holland just last year. it was great because as soon as i saw it i just ran straight into the queue.

My first alton towers coaster was air last october. i started at air and went across the park, ending up in a 2h 40m (or something) spinball whizzer queue, in the rain. not very amusing. oblivion was closed that day :(
the return of tbork! get ready for a big load of irish argument

Bleed
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:12 am

Mine was The Scenic Railway at Margate's dreamland when i was about 6!!! :D

My 1st proper coaster was the Python at Drayton manor ( i think it's called Klondike Gold Mine now) when i was about 11 and i was hooked on them from then onwards!!! :twisted:
RITA is Awesome!!!

Mikey
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:23 am

My first was Nemesis in 1994 on a trip with the scouts :D
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.

Anonymous

Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:41 am

my first coaster was oblivion it was a big jump :P

abbylei
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:15 pm

Shockwave at drayton manor :D

mphillips16
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:50 pm

My first ever coaster was the big apple rollercoaster at bottons pleasure beach in skegness but my first ever looping one was the boomerang at pleasure island.

100th post 100th post
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land

Dagan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:11 pm

Officially it was the Ultimate at Lightwater Valley. But it wasn't until I went on Nemesis that the coaster bug bit me. Must have been about 9 when I went to Lightwater Valley and rode that thing.... about 13 or so for Nemesis.

themadman26
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:52 pm

For me it was " Rollercoaster " at Wicksteed Park i know not an imaginative name but it is Wicksteed age 5
My first mine train was RMT at American adventure age 7
My first junior coaster was at Crealy again RMT but a junior coaster age 11( I only just got on that one )
My first log flume Gulliver's age 7
My first flat ride was " paratropper at Wicksteed Park age 5

I'm a coater traveller
Good Bye I\'m off elsewhere

Williscroft

Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:04 pm

Shockwave at DM :D it was sooooo cool :)

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:35 pm

Hmm i believe i am the one who became a coaster enthusiast the earliest so far. :shock: :o :D YAY. I have been stunned by coasters ever since i can remember, i remember watching a few when we went past cleethorpes, and things like that. I rode my first when i was 4, it was a Hornet model by Zierer at Flambards. It wasnt big but it seemed large at my age. I used to draw roller coasters and things from that age. Then i rode my first looping coaster when i was about 6, i think, it was the twin looper at American Adventure. I remember my dads friend sneaking me on cos i was very small. :D I then cried cos i was too small for the missile. I am the only person i know that has cried to get on rides, rather than to get off them. Any one else done that????? I really became addited to coasters when i was 8, this was when i got my first book on them, and i read it through in 2 weeks at that age. It was Roller Coaster by David bennett. :D

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!! \":D\"