UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:06 pm

"symone" wrote:
It was Montezoomers revenge in Knotts berry farm, i was about 12 and we went on it non stop for an hour (you know getting off running around, getting back on kinda thing!)

I got the bug from there and the rest is history!

Aaaw good old Knott's. I have a lot of memories from that place. That ride is really good!

I believe my first rollercoaster was the Buffalo at AA, and my first invertion was Twin Looper. Had me crying, until mid loop while my tears quickly transfered to tears of joy and laughter!

Memories, memories, memories :sadblink: Growing up sucks!

:firebounce:

Anonymous

Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:18 pm

First Coaster: Big Thunder Mountain (DLP)

First True Thrill Coaster: Corkscrew (AT)

mattarv
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:26 pm

:-k Think my first roller coaster was corkie i was about 7 so the coaster seemed very big. I didnt like going up the hill as it was quite a windy day and i swear we were rocking slightly. But once we started the drop i loved it.

Second coaster was nemmie, i ran straight from corkie ( i am talking about the same day) but when i got there i ran straight to the fence and just as i put my hands on the fence, the fence by the first helix corner nemesis came thundering past. It really scared me as i hadnt seen it go round before. Anyway i checked my height and i was just height enough. As me and my friends inside the station, they all chickened out and said they were going to go back, so they did i was going to go with them but this random guy said he would give me a tenner if i went on it so sat by him and loved the whole ride. I was calling my friends pussys for days. And i never did get that tenner.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:15 pm

Would have been Dragon Khan.

What a way to start aye.

Anonymous

Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:49 pm

Definitely! :shock:

Errr I started early, went on loads of kiddie coasters which I can't remember...but the first one I do remember was the Mini Apple at Alton Towers. My, wasn't I proud when I came off that - even gloated to my little brother who was too scared :lol: That was followed by Steeplechase in PBB, my first BIG coaster at AT being Oblivion in 1999. :)

:twisted: :P

Lightwater valley rules
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:51 pm

I think my first rollercoaster was the corkscrew at flamingoland and i must have being about 9 because the fling trapesse was still there. Folling that i rode the thundermoutain, Wildmouse and the bullet.
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october

Anonymous

Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:14 pm

Flying Fish! :D
I miss it :cry:

phillipvass
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:40 pm

Thunderlooper, I started late at 13 but big! :)

fitchy
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:11 pm

Mine was flying fish as well then X no way out

My first inverter was nemesis at alton i was well petrified before i rode then i was hooked for life
[b]

Anonymous

Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:14 am

Grand National for me :lol:

bibsta
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:29 pm

Dont actually remmeber my 1st coaster but the 1st inverted ride i went on was a flat land ride at a moving fair called 'Move It' was about 13 at the time and needed some good talking to, to get me on it but it worked im now a big coaster fan.

My first AT coaster was Nemesis but Oblivion is by far the best ride at AT

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:40 pm

My 1st coaster was: The buffaloe coaster at AA.

My 1st big coaster was: The Missile

X-05
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:59 pm

My first coaster was when I was 3 in Morecambe's Frontierland Family Themepark on Rattler:

The park has been demolished since though! *sigh* Ahh well!
"Do as I should, not as I do."- Me

Pumpkin_Queen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:46 pm

I had Flying Fish too!! *howls*
My first proper pwoper one was Nemesis at the front. Yayness!

Shadowrider
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:22 pm

The first rollercoaster I remember was Oblivion when I was 12, but I've been told that I went on the Runaway Mine Train and whatever The Beastie used to be when I was 3 or something.

My first inverster was Corkscrew.
Me? Adrenaline junkie? Never *whistles and stares at ceiling*

*Wills Black Hole to return...*

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:29 pm

The first i remeber was probably the flying fish....then my first inverted was air, then corky then inferno(few weeks ago), next step is rita and nemesis 8)

DiogoJ42

Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:02 pm

RMT @ Chessie when I was about 8. Yeah, I know, it's not a coaster.....
so it would have been Vampire when I was 12-13ish. Scared the [email protected] outta me. Until, that is, I got to Alton (not till I was 17!) and legged it straight towards Nemmie.
I've never looked back.

nemesis_mad_becky
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom, Planet Earth...

Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:36 pm

The first ever looper coaster was Klondike at Drayton Manor when I was about 9 or 10 years old, but the first small kiddie coaster was Mini Apple (Drayton Manor) when I was very young, think about 6 or 7 years old.

The first biggest coaster was Shockwave also at Drayton Manor when I was 12, I screamed "sh*t!" at the drop but gone silent for the rest of the ride lol cos I started to like it as soon as lol it was my very first experience on a big ride (Shockwave) with big loop, twists etc.

The first inverted coaster was Nemesis at Alton Towers when I was also 12, I can't remember what it was like when I rode Nemesis when I was 12, it felt like it was only for a second, like everything was blurred, can't really remember going on the twists, loop and turns, all I can remember was going on the first drop and when arriving at the end of the ride, looking pale! lol.

I was really nervous before going on big rides but now I love them for life :)
I don\'t use this anymore, I have a new username its cheeky_becky

[size=75]myspace

Sir Coastalot
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:04 pm

Velocity at Flamingoland. I was so scared queueing I was practically crying.

Anonymous

Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:10 pm

The great ride that is the antelope at gulivers world. Ahhh the memories. Must go back there some time havent been for years.