UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:59 pm

:lol: My first roller coaster with a loop was the Shockwave the only bit i remembered was the barrel roll i thought i was going to fall out....lol good old days!

Anonymous

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:15 pm

My first coaster was (I think) Corkscrew. After I went on it, I didn't want to do it again cause I got a huge headache afterwards. Though my first proper coaster I liked was Nemesis.

SW-Dave
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:40 am

Dragon Coaster at legoland. I was a coaster virgin to the embarrasing age of 12.

f1freak1066
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:23 pm

mine was oblivion. had to pluck up a hell of a lot of courage as i don't like heights

bond231
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:26 pm

First: Vampire (chessington)
Second: nemesis inferno!

ukool
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:14 pm

zipper dipper at blackpool, i think it was that, its the one i rember most anyway, i went on it a lot
it was the first theme park i went to any way

Samsky
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:00 pm

First was probably either Catarpillar Capers or Dragon Flyer at Camelot but my first looping rollercoaster was Tower Of Terror at Camelot.
You say that everything sounds the same,then you go buy them.There\'s no excuses my friend.Let\'s push things forward.

Ketchup
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:03 pm

Hmmm I think it was Big Thunder Mountain at DLP at 4 years old, I was terrified and I hated it!

My first inverting coaster was Corkscrew at AT when I was 7 and my first B&M was Dueling Dragons Fire I think at 9 years of age!

rctneil
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:07 pm

Hiya,
My first coaster was the Dragon Coaster at Legoland Windsor!

Thanks

Neil

N3/\\/\\3$i$
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:16 pm

My first was oblivion...a mere 10 months ago. A very late starter you may say but my family werent into the theme-amusement park thing when i was a kid and when you live in Scotland there arent too many parks around.

Was fine about it till we got to the overhang..then I was not enamoured at all and wanted off....ah well too late..weeeeeeeeeee!... that was fun..NEXT!

Step up...Nemmie....Oh boy was I not wantin to go near this thing....the queue was 2 hours long so I had ever loop turn and roll photographically indented in my mind....I got on.....then byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....what a ride.....and hasnt been beaten since.

Oblivion was just a mere warm up for the delights of the ride ahead. :)

martyn maloney
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:13 pm

Corkscrew was my first and also the last coaster i have been on, it is ruf but that adds to the fun for me
I now have an annual pass for AT and all other Tussauds attractions at long last

At visits this year :5
planned :7

themeparkfreak
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:44 pm

my very first coaster was a kiddie coaster at great yarmouth pleasure beach. It looked really fun back then, but it had loads of sharp turns and i felt like I was going to fall out! Then at legoland my dad dragged me on the rollercoaster there, I was really scared but I loved it! my first invertered coaster was Shockwave at DMP. I was not very good with big rides then, and was worried the day before we went, Shockwave was the last ride i went on and it was the most exhilirating thing I had ever done. It was that ride that started my love for coasters.

Anonymous

Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:51 pm

Nemesis was my first ever coaster at the age of 11. I have been a coaster addict sinse.

smeg_head
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:03 am

Great Topic but sadly I really don't remember> I remember going to Blackpool in 1988 when I was 8 - I'm guessing it would have been then. Failing that I went to Meli Park in Belgium in April 1991 and also definately rode the Corkscrew in July 1991 at the ripe age of 11. In 1992 I visited Thorpe and Windsor Safari park.. so would have been on a coaster by then!

Scary to think my first coaster wasn't even the towers!

Anonymous

Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:24 pm

Hmmmm

Well i started off by going on the RMT at american adventure and it scared me to hell. I then went on the mine train at AT and coasters like the buffalo coaster at Drayton Manor. My first big log flume was when i was 8 and i went to Austrailia. I went on the Wild Wild West and loved it, i then went on Stormforce. I hope to go on Jurrasic park in Florida! My first big rollercoaster was on Air! Unfortunately i haven't plucked up the courage to go on Nemesis, Rita or Oblivion :cry:

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:25 pm

Nemesis

Anonymous

Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:47 am

:D My first coaster was the Cyclone renamed Texas Tornado at Frontierland morecombe.
my first real tast of fear, but that did't stop us running to go again.

Andyc Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:35 pm

Mine was Nemesis at about 16, bullied onto it, so glad they did, if not i would not be at Alton Towers most weekends of the year.

james0507
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:11 pm

mine was corkscrew when i was eight, that was my first proper one, coz i had been on stuff like baby apple and roka dragon roller coaster an baby ones like that you know baby bob, lil monster coaster, ok i'll stop i think i'm going mad

terrys
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:12 pm

My first ever coaster was the hornet at flambards. was about 11 and it scared the **** out of me but now i could sit on it all day and just fall asleep

my first proper coaster was limit at heide-park in germany.well better than nemisis!
Last edited by terrys on Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.