UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
Anonymous

Arrows 4D

Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:30 pm

Ok,
People I would like to clear something up with you lot. I have seen that alot of people on the forum seem to think that Arrow went bankrupt because the 4D roller coaster X was so hard to maintain. Well people you are wrong! The reason Arrow went bankrupt was because the building of the coaster ran over time and missed its opening date. Six Flags did not like this so they sewed Arrow. Arrow could not pay the costs so they went bankrupt.

I just wanted to say this because from what I can see alot of the forum members did not know.
 
User avatar
SW-Dave
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 882
Joined: June 2005
Location: YOU
Contact:

Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:25 pm

Meh, all I new was that X bankrupted Arrow, didnt know how. I assumed it was just because of spiriling developing ancd construction costs.
Image
 
Anonymous

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:20 am

Moved from Other UK Parks.

I knew it was that. X took longer than it was supposed to and it missed its opening date and Six Flags sued its ass off because it was in the contract that X would be ready by such and such a date.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Mankey
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 3331
Joined: February 2004
Location: Chichester, West Sussex
Contact:

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:32 am

"Kaycee-TTF" wrote:
I knew it was that. X took longer than it was supposed to and it missed its opening date and Six Flags sued its ass off because it was in the contract that X would be ready by such and such a date.


isnt that a tad bit harsh? X could have turned out bad if they rushed it
Image
Image
[b]Back from hibernation![b]
 
Anonymous

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:36 am

Exactly...where did I say Arrow was to blame?

It's just Six Flags being American and all that, they decide that because it couldn't open on time - regardless of any problems X encountered - it would sue Arrow for everything they've got. Which is a crying shame to be honest - not to mention completely unnecessary, which the 'suing culture' in America can generally be described as.

:-?
 
User avatar
Mankey
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 3331
Joined: February 2004
Location: Chichester, West Sussex
Contact:

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:41 am

dont worry i was talking bout six flags being harsh not you :) ... just how much did they sue them?

EDIT: Kaycee - oops, me being thick! ;)
Image
Image
[b]Back from hibernation![b]
 
User avatar
Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 817
Joined: June 2005
Location: Farnborough

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:47 am

It would've been tens of millions if it bankrupted them.
Image
 
Anonymous

Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:40 pm

How did Six Flags go banktrupt then, forcing them to sell 2 Six Flags' :?:. I thought that was because of X... but surely they would be loaded if they sued Arrow.

:firebounce:
 
Anonymous

Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:49 pm

"Burn.e" wrote:
How did Six Flags go banktrupt then, forcing them to sell 2 Six Flags' :?:. I thought that was because of X... but surely they would be loaded if they sued Arrow.

:firebounce:


Like Kaycee put it six flags sewed the ass off Arrow but still Six Flags is in big time debt.
 
User avatar
Mankey
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 3331
Joined: February 2004
Location: Chichester, West Sussex
Contact:

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:43 pm

heh they must have been desperate
Image
Image
[b]Back from hibernation![b]
 
plasticboy
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 451
Joined: July 2005
Location: Cannock, Staffordshire

Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:22 pm

It's just Six Flags being American

Thats about it.

Americans will sue for anything!

How come Six-Flags are in so much debt anyway?
 
Anonymous

Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:23 pm

"plasticboy" wrote:
It's just Six Flags being American

Thats about it.

Americans will sue for anything!

How come Six-Flags are in so much debt anyway?


Because they dont know how to manage there parks...
 
User avatar
Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 7116
Joined: November 2003
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:27 pm

This ride didn't just screw over Arrow. It made Vekoma (who were brought in to fix it) struggle with money for many years as well.
Image
Image
 
plasticboy
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 451
Joined: July 2005
Location: Cannock, Staffordshire

Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:33 pm

To be honest, the ride was just a total disaster really wasnt it!Opened late, Nearly bankrupted 2 companies and it the uggliest ride ever!
 
User avatar
SW-Dave
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 882
Joined: June 2005
Location: YOU
Contact:

Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:39 pm

May have been a buisness move as well, Certainly will be a while before asnyother park can claim to have a 4d coaster.
Image
 
User avatar
Doopy Dan
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 888
Joined: May 2003

Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:22 pm

And now S&S Power manage the repair work of X, as i remeber looking at an article on the net about S&S and it explained in there that S&S Power repair most of the remaining Arrow rides, (In the USA anyway)
 
Fanta
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 45
Joined: August 2005

Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:48 pm

"plasticboy" wrote:
To be honest, the ride was just a total disaster really wasnt it!Opened late, Nearly bankrupted 2 companies and it the uggliest ride ever!


Still, it was voted the most innovative coaster design of 2003. And still gets queues longer then all of Alton's rides together, on a busy day :P
 
User avatar
jim2002
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 31
Joined: April 2003

Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:39 pm

this ride is awesome!! yes it is a bit of an eyesore and obvioulsy, due to bankrupcy of many companies, not thought out 100%, however the overall outcome created one of the best ride experiences I've ever had and still has not been beaten. So the ride might not be very well managed causing very long queues, however, it has been one of the only rides that I have ever been willing to queue 2-3 hrs bcos of the experience it gave me. Incredible!! It is definately a must ride! Btw, are B&M looking in to creating a 4D prototype?
 
Ketchup
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 541
Joined: October 2004
Location: Cornwall!

Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:43 pm

"Adz-TTR" wrote:
This ride didn't just screw over Arrow. It made Vekoma (who were brought in to fix it) struggle with money for many years as well.


Erm, you sure?

Ain't you getting that confused with the problematic Deja Vu triplets.
Image
 
Anonymous

Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:53 pm

"Ketchup""][quote=""Adz-TTR" wrote:
This ride didn't just screw over Arrow. It made Vekoma (who were brought in to fix it) struggle with money for many years as well.


Erm, you sure?

Ain't you getting that confused with the problematic Deja Vu triplets.[/quote]

Whats up with the Deja Ve's then?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests