UK theme parks from another point of view!

Intamin vs B&M

Poll runs till Sat Aug 17, 2041 3:08 pm

Intamin
9 (16%)
B&M
47 (84%)

Total votes: 56

Wez
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:07 pm

Its not the B+M 4D is a new loading system.
The best, most informed enthusiast EVER!!111

Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:42 pm

B&M have had far more significant impact on coaster development than anyone else: inverted, floorless, vertical, which over manufacturer as been primarily responsible for major development three types of coaster

Never heard of Schwarzkopf then oh wait didn't Intamin take over his company? So that means they've had a lot more impact than B&M.

Plus to those who've said B&M aren't going downhill well just compare Nemesis Inferno to Nemesis or the Batman clones.

Oh and to whoever said B&M's aren't almost the same well:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig24.htm?picture=10

http://www.rcdb.com/ig735.htm?picture=4

http://www.rcdb.com/ig764.htm?picture=25

http://www.rcdb.com/ig3244.htm?picture=7

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1227.htm?picture=7

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2536.htm?picture=1

I could make that list even bigger but what's the point you get the picture. Anyway to compare Intamin I'll select their most popular coaster model at the moment the Accelerator Coaster:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2905.htm?picture=23

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2832.htm?picture=36

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2787.htm?picture=15

http://www.rcdb.com/ig3245.htm?picture=1

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2498.htm?picture=21

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1574.htm?picture=13

So yeah all the Intamins are the same-I think not.

Yes at the moment I do consider B&M's rides better but this is because I haven't ridden a huge amount of Intamin coasters, but this oppinion is based on B&M's older rides.

Plus if they're anything to go by Tussauds seem to be buying a lot more from Intamin and it's posssible they may never buy from B&M again (I hope they don't) Six Flags also seem to buy more from Intamin although they still buy from B&M.

So lets look into the future. Intamin will improve their existing designs and add to their ever expanding amount of products while B&M build a few rides every year which are nothing new. Doesn't look too good for B&M then.

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:03 pm

Its not the B+M 4D is a new loading system.

It has been confirmed within the topic that the cars can perform manouvers whilst travelling along the track

Quote: Never heard of Schwarzkopf then oh wait didn't Intamin take over his company? So that means they've had a lot more impact than B&M.

This has nothing to do with it because shcwarzkopf pioneered the loop and twisted track designs long before Intamin took them over and then they got rid of Schwarzkopf completely

Wez
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:16 pm

What the hell?! No one confirmed anything regarding a B+M 4D.

Intamin DID NOT take over Schwartzkopf. Totally separate companies. When Anton died his company folded. However BHS (a german steel company) have taken some patents over and Zierer have the majority of plans which they are willing to follow if anyone wishes to purchase Antons older rides.
Intamin have no or a very tenuous link with Schwartzkopf.

Please please please, if your going to make factual posts ensure the facts are actually correct first!

Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:27 pm

Well I read in a book that it was Intamin that took over his company so I guess the book was wrong then.

Ketchup
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:34 pm

Taken from http://schwarzkopf.coaster.net

Hubert Gerstlauer, a former senior manager of the Anton Schwarzkopf company, founded his own company in 1981. For the above mentioned rollercoasters, that came out of the cooperation between Zierer, BHS and Anton Schwarzkopf, the Gerstlauer Elektro GmbH designed and installed the electrical and pneumatical systems. In 1992, Mr. Gerstlauer purchased the former production facilities of Schwarzkopf, also gaining some of the most experienced personnel in the industry. From then, Gerstlauer had the best base to build amusement rides. But this is another story.

ASR
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:30 pm

*****So being the same is good now?*****

I did'nt say that did I? I said that the PARK'S came up with the design's, not Intamin, therefore if anyone is to blame about all these "samey" Intamin ride'spopping up, it's the park's themselves, like I said - Intamin ar'nt going to refuse business just because the ride is like another, and ofcourse, sometime's it work's well due to issue's with the ride type being perfected, like the 689m SLC, they have no issue's building them, they could roll 'em of a production line, so in a sense, it;s great for the park as it's easier, but in ride term's - one does get bored eventually.

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:19 pm

Intamin DID NOT take over Schwartzkopf.

Well I read the same as Beaver Dude. It's in one of the books I have and I have read it elsewhere on the internet. so I think that Intamin did take over Schwarzkopf

Even if they didn't the two companies certainly merged to make some coasters

X_da_C
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:30 pm

"CGM" wrote:

Well I read the same as Beaver Dude. It's in one of the books I have and I have read it elsewhere on the internet. so I think that Intamin did take over Schwarzkopf

Schwarzkopf Industries grew rapidly with the vast support of various customers praising the company's creations. Outside of Germany, the company was represented by the Intamin firm; and as a result, many older rides which say they were manufactured by Intamin were actually designed and created by Schwarzkopf. And when Anton died they folded and havent been directly or indirectly involved with production of coaster or linked to intamin. Infact intamin have never manufactured coasters for schwarzkopf, only represented them outside of Germany, Schwarzskopf have ceased to exist since 1995.

****sometime's it work's well due to issue's with the ride type being perfected, like the 689m SLC, they have no issue's building them**** Apart from the fact that SLCs are a load of trash, honestly take a look at the track, and those wheels, let alone the ammount of pain you get whilst on one. Parks only by them because they are about half the price of a decent B&M inverted coaster.

ASR
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:38 pm

*****Schwarzskopf have ceased to exist since 1995*****

Well, kinda, I think his son keeps the company going, I think they make new train's for existing ride's and maintain old one's - not 100% on that though!

Also, the 689 SLC is'nt trash - a park would'nt buy one if they were widely known as CRAP, infact, recently - Vekoma have rebuilt the rolling stock chassis and wheel mount's, they're using the new train's on the Flamingo Land SLC, and they've already used them on a 689m SLC in America (Magic Spring's I think), and apparently it'sreally smooth.

Think of it, a big, thrilling, smooth ride with five inversion's - that's reliable and have a pretty good output for around five million quid, start's sounding appealing to smaller park's like Southport, and to larger park's (like so of the SF park's in the USA) as support coaster's.

X_da_C
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:59 pm

"ASR" wrote:
*****Schwarzskopf have ceased to exist since 1995*****

Well, kinda, I think his son keeps the company going, I think they make new train's for existing ride's and maintain old one's - not 100% on that though!

Also, the 689 SLC is'nt trash - a park would'nt buy one if they were widely known as CRAP, infact, recently - Vekoma have rebuilt the rolling stock chassis and wheel mount's, they're using the new train's on the Flamingo Land SLC, and they've already used them on a 689m SLC in America (Magic Spring's I think), and apparently it'sreally smooth.

Think of it, a big, thrilling, smooth ride with five inversion's - that's reliable and have a pretty good output for around five million quid, start's sounding appealing to smaller park's like Southport, and to larger park's (like so of the SF park's in the USA) as support coaster's.

No his son Wieland reportedly remains in the amusement business, designing rides for another company, he is also the president and ceo of the European Association Amusement Supplier Industry. And have you been on an SLC? they are the monst uncomfy rides ever!
*****think of it, a big, thrilling, smooth ride with five inversion's*****

- not big, not thrilling, definately not smooth - cheap, nasty waste-of-space would be more accurate.
SFs buy them because maintaining them would be a waste of time since they'd be just as terrible, and since six flags don't do coaster maintenance it kind of fits them

ASR
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:39 pm

^ No no, they come with new chassis and wheel mount's now, MUCH smoother, not Nemesis Inferno smooth, but MUCH more enjoyable than the average joe 689m SLC (Traumatizer is one of the better one's), so Flamingo Land should have a nice ride on their hand's with Kumali (named after one of their lion's), check out Velocity compared to some of their older rides, MEGA improvment (thankfully).

Wez
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:19 am

"CGM" wrote:
Intamin DID NOT take over Schwartzkopf.

I hope that isn't in a book ;)

Intamin were vendors for Anton just like they are vendors for Giovanola. Its a very tenuous link as Anton only used them to break into America.

X_da_C, how many SLC's have you ridden? I have rode the prototype at Walibi World and it wasnt too bad at all, pretty good coaster infact. The new gen trains and wheel assemblies will help the roughness problem on some versions. Its also down to the park maintenance teams to ensure that the ride remains "good as new". New wheels/parts will keep the ride in good smooth condition. Unfortunatly parks which buy the cheaper SLC are not willing to spend the additional money needed to keep them pristine.

X_da_C
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:28 pm

***I have rode the prototype at Walibi World and it wasnt too bad at all, pretty good coaster infact.****

so there is some hope for them at least.

***** The new gen trains and wheel assemblies will help the roughness problem on some versions.******
The new gen trains really are not any better to be honest a from what i seen they look fairly similer
******Its also down to the park maintenance teams to ensure that the ride remains "good as new". New wheels/parts will keep the ride in good smooth condition.******

Unfortunatly six flags (who seem to have rather a lot of SLCs) don't do maintenance so is seems as if after a year or so they will be as bad as ever again.

****Unfortunatly parks which buy the cheaper SLC are not willing to spend the additional money needed to keep them pristine.**** Or is it that they cant be botherd because they're a load of trash ?

And btw I have been on 5 SLCs and they were all very bad, (fx, kong, mind eraser, thunderhawk and top gun)

AstroDan

B&M or Intamin? You decide.

Fri May 05, 2006 7:50 pm

Which of these two coaster giants do you prefer, overall?

Intamin gives us the worlds best coaster in Expedition Ge Force and whips us into a frenzy with the likes of Rita, Stealth and the world's tallest two coasters: Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka. They also send us spiralling out of control with Colossus.

B&M gave the world the vertical drop of Oblivion, the calm of Air and the superiority of Nemesis. The rides are smooth, calm - and the track is visually the best in the world, surely. Floorless: you got it. Mega: you got it.

So who is your favourite? Intamin or B&M?

----

I vote B&M because I haven't been on a bad one, ever. The ride is sensational and comfortable, and they have produced my favourite 3 rides in the world (Nemesis, Silver Star and Air). Intamin's a close 2nd, but overall. B&M baby!

themeparkfreak
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 05, 2006 8:05 pm

B&M, their rides are a lot more inventine and intense, they are more creative too, Intamin may have bigger and faster coasters but they are nothing compared to the well-designed likes of Nemesis and Batman:the ride!

SW-Dave
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri May 05, 2006 9:06 pm

B&M for me on every count,

B&M rides are more inovative (generally) more immaginative layouts, more ergonomic seat designs, more efficiant station/changeover systems, higher re-ride value and generally more fun.

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 05, 2006 9:13 pm

B&M gets my vote purely because of Oblivion! Nemesis and Air! All great rollercoasters, 2 World Firsts and one intense beast!
They produce some of the best coasters around and am happy that AT chose B&M to produce such great rollercoasters!

Now I know Stealth, Rita and all the launched one basically are great but they are mainly all copies (except Rita and TTD) So B&M gets my vote!

Matt :D

jam&lob
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 05, 2006 9:16 pm

I vote B&M because they are much more thrilling and interesting.
Please visit The Online Games Directory
http://www.freewebs.com/togd/

AstroDan

Fri May 05, 2006 9:23 pm

Well this is proving to be fairly conclusive :P

Alton is the B&M capital of Europe, mind. So i guess it goes without saying.

:mrgreen: