UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Vekoma: Ten-looping coaster

Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:26 pm

According to the Vekoma website, such a beast (launched too) is now available for purchase...

You'll see it on the left hand menu.

*Colossus shakes in fear* (*then Vekoma's prototype shakes even more*)

This is a new one on me - anyone else heard about it?

Anonymous

Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:42 pm

I was thinking would you ever be able to add a few more inversions to colossus?

Anonymous

Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:46 pm

That's exactly what Intamin did with Colossus itself (not that I'm complaining - I love Colossus). But Vekoma are sort of hinting here that they have a ten looping coaster with an additional 'almost complete, 140 degrees upside down inversion'

Hmmmm.

Anonymous

Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:52 pm

But say someone got a new record with 11 inversions would TP be able to add 2 more heartline rolls to make it 12?

Anonymous

Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:01 am

Certainly not on Colossus - unless an extra launch pad and the removal of Zodiac, Rush, and a main path justified it!

I'd say the record could be comfortable extended to 13 loops on another coaster, somewhere, with some more height. Colossus managed a world record and comes nowhere near the highest coasters in the world.

I'll still love Colossus though.

Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:18 pm

This coaster looks pretty good and I think Vekoma really are turning from the people who make pain into the people who make quality rides. Although their rides do look slightly ugly.

But say someone got a new record with 11 inversions would TP be able to add 2 more heartline rolls to make it 12?

Why this would make the ride too long and 7 inlines would be boring. Plus remember TP can always call it the worlds first ten looping rollercoaster. Clever marketing eh?

buggy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:50 pm

That coaster has been on the site for a long time, not sure if your posting because now it's finished developement?

I doubt any park will buy it unless it was modified with extra inversions, it's more of a world record breaker coaster i suppose.

ASR
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:56 pm

Thirst, the answer is yes, but it would require heavy work, and they would have to be in line's, they'd have to be added AFTER the four inline's, but before the last one, for example: Move the 180 degree turn back and have TWO barrell roll's before the brake run, do-able, but dificult and lame, since it's just more barrel roll's.

Also note that the Vekoma ten looper shown on their webiste is a LAUNCHED coaster, and that's not the only model available, they do custom's.

Also, to marky.com, Vekoma have recently re-designed their car's and track, taking more of a B&M style axle and wheel mount, where as their old car's featured an arcachic Arrow Dynamic's design, this would improve the ride quality ten fold, and I'm sure the ride would be more than enjoyable.

EDIT: Here is a picture of the new train, the first to be used, on a Boomerang coaster somewhere in Asia.

http://www.parkfunworld.be/coasterdumoi ... wtrain.jpg

X_da_C
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:21 pm

"ASR" wrote:
Thirst, the answer is yes, but it would require heavy work, and they would have to be in line's, they'd have to be added AFTER the four inline's, but before the last one, for example: Move the 180 degree turn back and have TWO barrell roll's before the brake run, do-able, but dificult and lame, since it's just more barrel roll's.

Also note that the Vekoma ten looper shown on their webiste is a LAUNCHED coaster, and that's not the only model available, they do custom's.

Also, to marky.com, Vekoma have recently re-designed their car's and track, taking more of a B&M style axle and wheel mount, where as their old car's featured an arcachic Arrow Dynamic's design, this would improve the ride quality ten fold, and I'm sure the ride would be more than enjoyable.

EDIT: Here is a picture of the new train, the first to be used, on a Boomerang coaster somewhere in Asia.

http://www.parkfunworld.be/coasterdumoi ... wtrain.jpg

Those sholder restraints look horrible, looks impossible to put your arms up.

Wez
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:34 am

Kumbak are designing trains for Vekoma loopers. They are a cheaper replacement than the custom made Vekoma options.
Unfortunatly, their trial didnt go well. Python at Efteling (really nice Vekoma looper) stalled on its run with the new trains.
The best, most informed enthusiast EVER!!111

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:52 pm

Those sholder restraints look horrible, looks impossible to put your arms up.

Thats probably the point of them!
I think they look loads better than the cars you get with the other Vekoma Boomerangs. Bah I miss the Missile now! :(