UK theme parks from another point of view!

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:16 pm

They just haven't built the room yet I don't think... I'm not sure what's lead you to believe the pre-show will be outdoors... :-s

The station is flying up which I'm am excited about as we will hopefully see the theming go up soon!
Last edited by Owen on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:20 pm

You are aware that that could just be the base of the roof. There could be more to happen to the roof that could change it completely. Also, according to the plans there is no outdoor pre-show as far as i'm aware. 

Although I am aware that the construction images will cause speculative talk, can we please try to keep it to a minimum in the construction topics please. We have a speculation topic for that  :)

T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:49 am

I'm sure that the pre-show room will be on the ground floor. After the pre-show you'll exit the room and go up the stairs towards the platform, like on The Smiler.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:10 am

T0mPr1ce wrote:
I'm sure that the pre-show room will be on the ground floor. After the pre-show you'll exit the room and go up the stairs towards the platform, like on The Smiler.

The plans show the pre-show and station being located on the same level (which is referred to as the ground floor).

T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:45 am

Fair enough, I stand corrected. What is the room next to the ore-show prior to the station, a holding room?

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:32 pm

T0mPr1ce wrote:
Fair enough, I stand corrected. What is the room next to the ore-show prior to the station, a holding room?

Looking at the plans I think it would be laid out as follows, although it's possible that the interior layout may change from what is shown in the available documents.

T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:33 pm

Ah that makes sense, nice graphics.

alicheesy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:41 pm

The big metal thing is going to be the building to house the secret freefall drop. It'll be the world's first wooden vertical freefall drop coaster called 12, prequel to 13 :sus:
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:24 pm

Here's another construction update from TowerStreet. It looks like the roof is fine and the framework for the maintenance shed is almost there!

Bert
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:59 pm

Here's my update from 23/6(Today).

Overview of Site.

This structure is huge, Pictures do not do this justice...

Towards the end of the day, I spotted that they had started to lay down the roof.

There is a big concrete block which, I assume will go under the lift hill and will be the building that controls the lift/launch system. Also I have a feeling the 2nd drop (traditional curved GCI drop) will be quite steep as the banking on the wooden structure on the far right of the theming structure is banked at a steep angle.
[Insert Signature Here]

Formerly Bert2theSpark

T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Nice pics. Amazed at the rate this thing is going up! Can't believe the mainetence building roof is receiving panelling already, its trusses were only just being brought onto site last time I looked. I can't wait to see more as the top of the site (presumably) will be the next section to receive wood.

T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:39 am

Sorry for the double post, there's no edit button?

Nice pic from twitter user @blue5onichd:

It shows the panelling on the maintenance building. Is the contrast in roof colour between the station and mainetence significant at all? Also, if you look at on the far right of the image (where the brake run will be before entering the mainetence building) it looks as if there is framework for a tunnel above the track?

Bert
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:02 pm

The station roof is only the first layer, I'd imagine there'd be a second layer similar to the pre-show building's roof.
[Insert Signature Here]

Formerly Bert2theSpark

TomL
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:04 pm

I'd say that the reason why the maintenance building is a lighter wood than the station is because they've used a cheap plywood to cover the maintenance building trusses. The type of wood and frame used in the station tell us that they are most likely going to be visable so you will see the wood that is currently showing on the roof. I imagine the next stage will be to waterproof the roof and walls constructed, ready to put the thatched tiles on.

simononestop
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:36 am

yeah the roof at the back has been covered with ply. has the roof in the front had battens put on it I cant tell from the photo if its been battened then it would be being tiled

stevebrown
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:03 am

Blimey, the station and maintenance building is going up faster than I can build a station in Planet Coaster!

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:48 am

Just a small observation here but has anyone else noticed the breeze block wall going up by the turn into maintenance? Seems like it's for that long narrow building indicated for being behind the maintenance building on the Katanga pathway side.

T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:23 am

'Comms building' on the plans.

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:37 pm

stevebrown wrote:
Blimey, the station and maintenance building is going up faster than I can build a station in Planet Coaster!

Haha, its Planet Coaster in real life :P

Also there is an update of 4 photos on TowersStreet Facebook page.. doesn't show much however more foundation works done for supports, maybe a small amount of work done to the themeing element.

(edited)
Last edited by PhNx Survivor on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:58 pm

Was this massive trench that is being dug shown on the planning applications?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]