UK theme parks from another point of view!

demz_4
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Head is installed! :)

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Indeed - there's a video in the MAP Facebook group showing as such. In less exciting news, it also appears that the wood framing is in place to pour the foundation for the games stall opposite the ride's entrance.

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:48 pm

Booooooooooo HB games units ;) Nahhhh I think it'll be pretty cool. Especially looking forward to seeing how they theme it after Challenge The Smiler tied in well enough to the ride :)

demz_4
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:41 pm

where is the rides entrance out of interest? is it where the flumes old one was?

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:46 pm

demz_4 wrote:
where is the rides entrance out of interest? is it where the flumes old one was?

Jcoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:41 pm

intresting choice of queue entrance, however I can imagine the feeling of excitement you get as the GCI train races past :)

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Jcoaster wrote:
intresting choice of queue entrance, however I can imagine the feeling of excitement you get as the GCI train races past :)

I think it's great that they're utilising the ride as an entrance, they may as well be utilising what is going to look seriously impressive!

It's a great showcase and entering under the towering figure of 'The Wickerman' should be quite imposing.

T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:42 am

An entrance sign with the logo, about where the horizontal steel girders are, would look great.

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:58 am

I'm still wondering where the hell the queue line goes from that entrance.. does it go through the beams? In a tunnel? I'm so confused :-k

Phild94 wrote:
Jcoaster wrote:

I think it's great that they're utilising the ride as an entrance, they may as well be utilising what is going to look seriously impressive!

It's a great showcase and entering under the towering figure of 'The Wickerman' should be quite imposing.

I think it will be imposing.. but not compared to walking under The Marmaliser for the first time ;D however I do think the first experience of having that head chopper moment from the structure will give a burst of adrenaline! A better experience than the marmaliser.. (that's a bold statement!)
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:30 am

I think you could be right with regards to better than the smiler, I think the marmaliser looks fantastic, especially with all the screens lit up at night.

This theming looks to be about 50% taller though, and not buried 20ft down like the marmaliser, so in terms of imposing it should be almost like standing looking up at oblivion!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:24 pm

A selection of photos from yesterday have been posted on TowersTimes Facebook (and are now also available on the SW8 minisite). The key developments include: the theming structure, continuing track work, progress on the pre-show building, and themed rockwork on the concrete walls underneath the pre-show building (and eventually the ride's shop).

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:52 pm

I'm really digging that entrance I love queue lines that incorporate the full coaster into it also that themeing looks huge. I wonder how the trains will interact with the structure (how well the trains are themed) and also how and if the structure will be automated or have effects

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:46 pm

I love this view of the ride, gives a great sense of scale!

Have we got any more information on 'Theming Envelope 1'? The large round structure meant to be situated to the right of the statue as you see in the picture in the middle of the banked turn?

I think it would be great to have the old flume station being torn apart and reused by this tribe!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:52 pm

Does anyone feel that this is what AT want us to be looking at and that they are secretly working on a different area, but everyone's attention is on the theming or is it just that I watch way too much TV :lol

Also are we sure that that is the head as it doesn't look very head like for neither human or animal

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:10 pm

It looks like the Mad Hatter. Perhaps we're getting a more intense Blackpool Alice ride.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:52 pm

Dom wrote:
Also are we sure that that is the head as it doesn't look very head like for neither human or animal

It is a funny shape, but my guess is that this is just the way it has been wrapped up.

T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:45 pm

Glad they are covering the concrete and not just leaving it..!

Hazard
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:48 pm

They have wrapped the 'head' for two reasons, 1) So no one can see it and 2) So the team can work on it, by that in a way where all sides are even and the team can work on it with space. It's not like wrapping a Christmas present where its obvious its a bottle of wine, they will need space to actually work on the thing so have done it in a way which gives them a working area.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:52 pm

I agree, Hazard, that would make sense.

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:38 am

Hazard wrote:
They have wrapped the 'head' for two reasons, 1) So no one can see it and 2) So the team can work on it, by that in a way where all sides are even and the team can work on it with space. It's not like wrapping a Christmas present where its obvious its a bottle of wine, they will need space to actually work on the thing so have done it in a way which gives them a working area.

And when the world needed him the most....
He Vanished

Where is MI7 these days?!