UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: The Merlin Annual Pass

Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 pm

At the moment I'm not sure what to make of this decision from Merlin. In some ways I was half expecting either this or a significant price increase for this year, but it is sad to see they've gone with the option of removing it altogether.

I do think the pass has been a somewhat troubled product from the start. It took a while fot staff to know what it was, and throughout it's lifetime there have been numerous inconsistencies with things. Merlin never did seem to manage to get the right balance with the Golden Ticket options - there were some amazing experiences on there, but at the same time there were also some not so good. I will miss the Priority Parking that came with the pass - it was especially useful during the Halloween season.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a new top tier product introduced at some point - either another pass similar to VIP but priced much higher, or a top tier membership. It will be interesting to see the reaction if this is the case.

jamieerst
TT Member
TT Member

Merlin Monthly Annual Pass

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi,

I signed up for the monthly premium pass last year and all was well, I got all my fastrack vouchers and share the fun vouchers which we always use.

It has been 12 months and I would have expected these would have been renewed and I would get a fresh set of vouchers, just like an normal annual pass.

But this isn't the case, after speaking with Merlin, they tell me you only get 3 vouchers... And thats it, regardless of how long you have the membership.

Seems a bit harsh to me...

We like to use the vouchers when my daughter brings a friend.

Anyone else realise this?

The T&C's are very vague as you would expect.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:43 pm

As posted on TowersTimes social media, the Merlin Annual Pass has received a permanent price cut on renewals, for both Standard and Premium passes. Standard pass renewals are now £99pp when bought as a family and £119pp when bought individually. Premium pass renewals are now £139pp when bought as a family and £159pp individually. This is a saving of £20 per pass bought individually, and £10 per pass when bought as a family.

Coaster Chall
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:18 pm

Those are actually very good price cuts. It may not have anything to do with it, but I think the takeover of Merlin is providing wholesale changes and major improvements. Agreed?

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Tue May 26, 2020 11:41 am

Merlin have provided a COVID-19 update for Passholders on their website.

Mark0097
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 26, 2020 9:35 pm

Only problem I see with this is yes, it is a multi attraction pass including midway attractions however, for those who only use it to visit Theme Parks, the extension would be running through closed season and may not be of use.
Owner Of Attraction Central - https://attractioncentral.co.uk

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 27, 2020 12:56 pm

Well that’s why individual theme park passes exist! It’s extremely fair what they are doing by adding on months. And if you don’t want to visit a SeaLife or Tussauds during the winter then that’s your own problem, not Merlin’s.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 1901!
Ride count 2020: 128!
Cred count: 96!

Mark0097
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 27, 2020 1:35 pm

Liam.W wrote:
Well that’s why individual theme park passes exist! It’s extremely fair what they are doing by adding on months. And if you don’t want to visit a sea life or tussauds during the winter then that’s your own problem, not Merlin’s

People buy the pass for different reasons. I was simply saying it would be an issue to some people. Also buying a individual theme park pass for multiple parks can work out more expensive than a Merlin Annual Pass as well as the fact that there are no membership options.

Mark0097
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 28, 2020 12:10 pm

Sorry for double post but Merlin Annual Passes have been confirmed to be extended past closed season.

https://www.facebook.com/285888326152/p ... 76153/?d=n
Last edited by Dan on Thu May 28, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Linked page edited to remove excessive advertisement