UK theme parks from another point of view!

kingcriplet
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:07 pm

Does any one have a rough idea how many AP Merlin sell each year? :?

Bolton Warrior
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:02 pm

Renewed our Merlin passes at Alton yesterday for just £100 each :D

Sadly with BPB getting greedy they wont be getting our money for passes this time.

Lon
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:09 pm

CAFE ROUGE 20% off your meal

LATEST ANNUAL PASS DISCOUNT OFFER

With over 100 restaurants across the country Café Rouge is just the place to mull over the morning papers with a café au lait and a croissant, pop in for a spot of lunch, share a drink with friends after a day out, or relax over an evening meal.

As a Merlin Annual Pass holder you will receive 20% off your food bill!

Taking advantage of the offer is easy, simply present your card when visiting your nearest Café Rouge.

Terms & Conditions
Receive 20% off your food bill at any Cafe Rouge when a valid Merlin Annual Pass is shown. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer, set menu or discount. Valid Sunday - Thursday until 31st March 2009. Excluding 11th- 31st December, all bank holidays, Valentines Day, Mothers Day and Easter weekend. Maximum 4 diners per card, maximum 2 cards per dining occasion. Not valid at Cafe Rouge Center Parcs restaurants

Dean

Re: The Merlin Annual Pass

Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:52 pm

New slightly updated Merlin Annual Pass website...

[url=http://www.annual-pass.co.uk" target="_blank]www.annual-pass.co.uk[/url]

alton4life
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Are you going to renew your Annual Pass?

Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:00 pm

I will be, i often think that alton are kinda screwing them selves over really, i live in stoke so get the bus or a lift there so its easy for me, i spend about 15 quid, and i save alot more money with the discount so far this year ive probably been about 30 times haha

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Re:

Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:55 pm

"stigzy" wrote:
I feel as though now, I'm only visiting these places because I can, not because I really want to. Don't get me wrong, I don't find it boring visiting Merlin’s Attractions. It's just I suppose I've been there, done that and got the tee-shirt and I can't justify having another of the same tee-shirt?! Analogy or what, eh?! 8)

I'm thinking now, perhaps it would be nice just to go back to being Joe Blogs and visiting Towers, Thorpe and Chessington etc once in a blue moon or annually like the majority! My thinking is that it would restore that 'amazing day out' feeling as opposed to that 'I’m here again' feeling. It probably wouldn't bother me that much either, because in a very big headed sort of way :shock:, I've done it and done it again! Doing it again and again is just too much and would probably make whatever it is I'm doing again loose that certain sparkle, which wouldn't make me very motivated to do it anymore!

I did feel a bit like this earlier this year, but i'd say if you feel like this just visit the attractions more at unusual times. For example, do thorpe for Fright Nights, do chessington for halloween hocus pocus, alton for scarefest, then at the start of next season visit during other special events, and go on days when you know the parks will be empty as in these situations, you know you are more likely to have fun because its slightly different

Coke
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:00 pm

"Dean" wrote:
New slightly updated Merlin Annual Pass website...

[url=http://www.annual-pass.co.uk" target="_blank]http://www.annual-pass.co.uk[/url]

Oooh! Flash! The thunder on the front page gets really annoying though!
Nice little change of scenery, is it just for the Halloween period though, because it seems quite dark and gloomy.
According to the front page SAW is the world's scariest ride?!

Are you thirsty?

Khanage
TT Member
TT Member

Re:

Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:08 pm

"Lon" wrote:
Not sure if this has been posted before, but Merlin Annual Passholders can now get a 20% discount on their website on all purchasesn from buyagift.com

In order to get 20% off gift experiences process your order and enter the discount code 551155 in the promotional code section at the checkout.

CLICK HERE

Why is there no restriction on this? I just went to Buy a Gift and entered that code and received the discount... I don't have a Merlin Pass...

I didn't go through with the order but do you have to enter anything after the checkout - if not then that code may come in handy!
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Dean

Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:53 pm

"Annual Pass Website" wrote:
Merlin Annual Pass Gift Vouchers

The ultimate Christmas gift...

The perfect gift for all the family - Gift Vouchers for an Individual Merlin Annual Pass.

Each voucher costs just £125 and is valid for 12 months unlimited entry to top UK attractions including Alton Towers Resort, LEGOLAND® Windsor, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo, Madame Tussauds, Warwick Castle, SEA LIFE Centres & Sanctuaries, The London Eye, The London Aquarium and the Dungeons.

Looks like the price will holding at £125, for the time being.

Corkscrewed

Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:05 pm

Quickest of quick questions...

Any idea if theres any chance of a drop in the price at the start of next season, or at all? I'm getting me a Annual pass next year :D

Craig

Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:22 pm

"Corkscrewed" wrote:
Quickest of quick questions...

Any idea if theres any chance of a drop in the price at the start of next season, or at all? I'm getting me a Annual pass next year :D

In a word. . . no

There's no official figures, but I see no reason why the pass would be reduced considering the number of attractions which have been added recently. If anything, there'll be another rise on the cards either before the start of the season or a month or two into it.

Nick

Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:43 pm

Usually it happend before the opening of the main season in March, to catch those wanting to renew when the season started :lol:

AstroDan

Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:22 pm

6. Cariba Creek discount available if booked in advance only, Waterpark entry is subject to usual terms and conditions. Discount based on full standard entry price and cannot be transferred to an existing booking or used in conjunction with any other promotional offer.

Has anybody been to Cariba lately and paid on the day with their AP? Seems silly that they reckon AP holders have to book in advance! Surely one of the reasons of an AP is that you can just go on a whim to AT and do stuff...

:roll:

FallenAbyss
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:15 am

"AstroDan" wrote:
6. Cariba Creek discount available if booked in advance only, Waterpark entry is subject to usual terms and conditions. Discount based on full standard entry price and cannot be transferred to an existing booking or used in conjunction with any other promotional offer.

Has anybody been to Cariba lately and paid on the day with their AP? Seems silly that they reckon AP holders have to book in advance! Surely one of the reasons of an AP is that you can just go on a whim to AT and do stuff...

That riles been there a little while, however when I spotted it a few months ago, I actually popped down to Cariba Creek to ask, the girl behind the desk told me there was no need to book to get the discount, i've not actually been since asking though so whether they've started enforcing this rule since, I'm not sure ... might be worth phoning up a couple of days in advance .... I certainly agree with you though about going up on a whim ... over winter we plan to go up between Christmas and New Year but dont really want to be tied to a day .... hopefully it's just there to stop people moaning if it's really busy and turning up only to find they've got to wait a couple of hours or whatever.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/col_rftl/sets/72157626111847872/\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.flickr.com/photos/col_rftl/s ... 111847872/[/url]

kingcriplet
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:16 pm

"AstroDan" wrote:

We went on the last weekend of Scarefest, just turned up with AP and got the discount with no fuss at all :)

AstroDan

Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:22 pm

Good. Somebody has obviously been paper pushing on their desk in their office, creating new rules for no reason.

At least it still works on the day, as it should! Indeed, I believe CC entry should be a lot cheaper than it is for valued AP holders.

:)

kingcriplet
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:27 pm

Totally agree with that, I'd have thought a discount somewhere in the 50% region would be more reasonable for AP holders - same for the golf.

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:47 pm

That rule has been there for ages. It was when I was checking on prices for Cariba Creek during the summer and Scarefest and I remember seeing about tickets can only be bought in advance when I was checking the T&C's on the Alton Towers website mid-argument on the phone to them.

I just don't think its hardly ever enforced.

Crofty

Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:06 pm

Get a Merlin Annual Pass for £90 from Lastminute.com

[url=http://www.lastminute.com/site/entertainment/daysout/event-browse.html?catID=110608&intcmp=WIGIG_hp_mother_daysout" target="_blank]http://www.lastminute.com/site/entertai ... er_daysout[/url]

Pass is in the form of a Merlin Pass gift voucher so doesn't have to be used just yet.

The offer says when it's gone it's gone so no idea how long it will last, but they have 100 in stock.

Some of these are going through at £10 each if your quick!
Keep trying, I managed to get one after a few attempts

:D :D
Last edited by Crofty on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khanage
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:40 pm

As of now the £90 merlin passes seem to have gone.

All that remains are 13 month passes for £125.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.