UK theme parks from another point of view!

Nathan
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Merlin Annual Pass

Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:01 pm

The Gift Vouchers are also £75 when you go to order. :)

If you say it won't be an issue though then I'll just buy a pass then.

Thanks again for the advice!

Dean

Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Gift Vouchers must have been lowered too...

Gift voucher will be the safest option, but both should be fine.

Anonymous

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:34 pm

Anyone who has a pass purchased before November will have acess during August after 3pm as they did this year.

Thorpe will most likely be offering Standard MAP holders access to Fright Nights with a small booking charge as per 2009 (TBC).

themealgang
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:39 pm

Hi. Does anyone know if Alton Towers will be offering an ERT to Merlin & Alton Towers Annula Pass holders on Thirteen as part of the opening day event? Just wondered... #-o

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hark

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:02 pm

Aw, I wish I hadn't renewed now! I don't want my sewerage brown pass :( I want a bluee one!

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:03 pm

I am well excited I have just ordered 3

One for me, one for my wife and one for her brother.

:x

I have been wanting to get one for years, and at £75 I cant pass it up!

Just need to pick it up from madam tussauds in London. :mrgreen:

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:55 pm

According to the Legoland newsletter I've just received, the 50% off offer has been extended to the 15th January :).

mattbailey
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:11 am

It's still 50% off at Sealife too... £75 for a MAP. Bargain!
:clap:

Nathan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Ordered mine this morning! :)

PETER MOWBRAY
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:06 pm

We got 5 Merlin passes this morning too... :clap: :clap:

We cant wait to take advantage of this amazing offer.. :clap:
For the latest news and quality updates from Blackpool & The Pleasure Beach look here..
Click on the Domain..! [url=http://www.liveinblackpool.co.uk\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.liveinblackpool.co.uk[/url]

mezza
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:33 am

Should this sale offer be flagged in the main Towers General forum? It's easily missed here, but I'm sure a lot of regulars would want to take advantage...
EXIT THROUGH THE SHIPPING CONTAINER

Colossus
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:44 am

£200 for a premium pass :roll:

Perks

- 50% discount at international Merlin attractions
- 20% off eating & shopping
- Fantastic renewal offers
- Unlimited drinks refills at selected attractions throughout 2010 for just £10 per person

Good price or not?

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:53 am

Ouch, thats a lot. Unless you plan to abuse the pass at London City attractions during August, and force yourself to endure the endless queues at Thorpe Park Fright Nights, then spend the remainder of your time travelling around the world, then it really isn't that good value really.

Given that what is now called the standard pass is, or has been on offer for £75 recently, I couldn't see the justification in spending an extra £125 just so I could possibly visit the London Dungeon or Madame Tussauds one day in August. :D
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Colossus
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:02 am

I have just noticed something though... (See bold text below)

Quote from the Thorpe Park benefits page on the Annual Pass website

http://www.annual-pass.com/attractions/thorpe_park.asp?css=1

Standard Merlin Annual Pass restrictions (these do not apply to Premium Passes):
Entry is subject to attraction operating calendars and the following exclusions: No entry during the month of August at London Eye, Madame Tussauds London, London Dungeon and SEA LIFE London Aquarium. No entry during Fright Nights at THORPE PARK (£5 entry fee applies). No entry on 14th February at the London Eye. No entry on 31st October at the London Eye and The London Dungeon.

So it looks as though standard annual pass holders will be able to gain admission to Fright Nights but will have to pay £5... Again makes the Premium pass a bit redundant doesnt it?

Jayne
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:06 am

I'm hoping to see some sort of discount for those who will upgrade at time of renewal from old to New Premium pass (fingers crossed...).

Otherwise, I'm quite disappointed that the international parks are not 100% included for that price. I'm heading to Legoland Denmark this year and also hoping to fit in Gardaland during a later visit to Italy too, so an all inclusive pass for 2010 would have been amazing. 50% is better than nothing, but I'm unsure whether that will encourage more pass holders to try their international offerings more...

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:08 am

Indeed it does a bit.

Also there appears to be no 'renewal' price offered. Ok, so it could be regarded as a new pass, but I would of thought as some sort of Thank you to all their long standing customers, they would of at least had a special offer price of say £130 (£30 more than the full renewal price) which would be valid when anyone comes to renew their existing pass.

Jayne
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Confirmation from Merlin: There will be no discount on the price of the Premium pass for those who already hold an old style Merlin pass.

(Source: Discussion on the Merlin Annual pass facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Merlin-Annual-Pass-OFFICIAL/285888326152?ref=nf#/topic.php?uid=285888326152&topic=11800)

And with regard to Tesco Clubcard deals - Merlin have no plans to introduce the Premium Pass into the Clubcard scheme, yet will continue to issue Standard passes.

EDIT: (Why am I not allowed to use the T E S C O word on TowersTimes?! It auto corrected it to Lidl round the back of Hotel Colosseo - haha!)

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:52 pm

It is good to see Merlin have created an Official facebook page, and are also taking time out to answer queries that are being posted.

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:57 pm

£200 is a lot, and I certainly wouldn't be at all tempted to get a Premium Pass. It will be interesting to see how well they do sell, as in my opinion the Standard Pass is fine for what most people are probably going to want. One thing I will say now though is that new designs for the passes have grown on me, and I wish I was going to have one of the blue ones this season, not my gold one!

Also, I don't think this really deserves as new topic, but the Alton Towers Annual Pass has gone up from £75 to £89, however you can still buy one for £75 online at the moment. I quite like the look of the new Towers pass as well, which can be seen here.

:)

Jayne
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:01 pm

I feel that the Premium Pass will do better at Thorpe and Chessington, where people are more likely to use the London attractions more frequently.

Also, the sales will pick up in (and the lead up to) August when people are visiting the London attractions.

For example: A guest goes to Madame Tussauds in August, and sees the advert for the annual pass. They find out they could go on the London Eye, London Sea Life and the Dungeons on the same day (or tomorrow, or whenever in August) for "free" if they buy the Premium pass. The price of doing all four attractions without any sort of annual pass, bogof or advance purchase offer would be £83.42. The guest may think that the extra £116.58 is worth it so they can go to Thorpe and Chessington and Brighton Sea Life...etc too (or even just reride the London Eye another 5 or 6 times!).

This is where the cross selling of the Premium Pass will work at its best.