UK theme parks from another point of view!

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

The Merlin Annual Pass

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Would it save them money, though, loads and loads of paper cups during the year against one plastic bottle?

Unless you mean filling your own bottles up, in which case I believe they'd cite hygiene issues (at least they always have when I've shown my MAP bottle, but asked to fill my own bottle instead).

RustyRider
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Merlin Annual Pass

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:40 am

Ice-creame?! Wtf? I meant sh*te lol. But yeah I suppose filling your own bottle would send the h&s executives crazy. 
Last edited by RustyRider on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.

Fantasmic
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:41 pm

I've just ordered 2 regular Annual Passes for my Boyfriend and I as they were on sale @ 25% off! Can't wait to go pick them up from Alton Towers! Just sad I can't go this weekend! This will (hopefully) make up for the fact that we aren't going to Florida this year!  :lol:

marita
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:08 pm

Just had an email. Renewals 35% off till 1st april    :lol:

mrbrightside
TT Member
TT Member

The Merlin Annual Pass

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:05 am

The health and safety element in bottle re-filling is because plastic drinks bottles (I.e 500ml coke bottles) are not designed for more than one use. If used frequently the coating on the inside plastic can begin to rub off into your drink...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage

thefatone
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:14 am

I imagine they just use the container for logistical reasons. It's obvious someones bought the product if they're using that product..

Contamination of other certain bottles is a factor, but I doubt it's one they've thought of.

They won't argue with the drinks or capsule changes (or shouldn't). Drinks cost around 5p to fill up, and the capsules won't cost too much more.

Fiyero
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:28 am

Legoland have run out of the capsules already!
More annoying they won't let you buy a one day one and exchange it or even pay for an annual one now and swap later.
Very annoying as I didn't bring any drinks knowing I would buy a capsule. Complaint logged with guest services, I certainly wasn't the first either.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk

addy2503
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:30 pm

I have got clubcard vouchers to get my annual pass, & I was just wondering, how & where do I get my Pass?

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:09 pm

At the Box Office on Towers Street, or the annual pass offices at other attractions.

addy2503
TT Member
TT Member

The Merlin Annual Pass

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Do I still have to pay to get in, or is there some way I can get around that?
Also, will I still be able to take advantage of ERT on the day I get my pass?

djtruefitt

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:06 pm

I think if you go straight to the gates they may let you through to the box office. If not queue up at the pre booked ticket desk and they will issue you a ticket to get through the gate. They should let you do ERT.

yousuf786
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:40 am

Hiya, was hoping someone had the answers to these.

1. if i bought the pass online (say i selected Alton Towers to collect the pass), will the 12 Months start once I've made the online purchase, or does it start once i collect the pass , say in July?

2. A pass for a family of 4 - does that come as ONE pass? or 4 passes? In other words, would we have to enter as a group of 4 or would we be able to use as individuals too? Say Adult No 2 wanted to go on his own?

Thanks
Last edited by yousuf786 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoeGibbon
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:51 am

I can answer number 1 but not 2 for you.
The pass starts on the day you collect it. I've ordered one before online and it started on collection.

mh1984
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:11 pm

I have ordered the tesco clubcard vouchers to get a merlin annual pass. I have a couple of questions that I Wonder if you guys can help me with:

1. Regarding ERT at Alton Towers, if I go with a group of friends and not every one has an annual pass will they let the group in or just the pass holders? Seems a bit unfair not to let th group in, and I cant exactly leave my mates waiting at the gates for an hour! can I?
2. Similar question regarding the 20% discount on food at all the attractions....is the discount valid on my friends food or just the pass holders? I guess Id have to order the food myself for everyone in my group and then they can not give the discount if I ordered it, right?

Hope you can help...Thanks :)

opulentrich
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:06 pm

With family passes all members get their own passes which can be used individually.

smudge.
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:18 pm

mh1984 wrote:
I have ordered the tesco clubcard vouchers to get a merlin annual pass. I have a couple of questions that I Wonder if you guys can help me with:

1. Regarding ERT at Alton Towers, if I go with a group of friends and not every one has an annual pass will they let the group in or just the pass holders? Seems a bit unfair not to let th group in, and I cant exactly leave my mates waiting at the gates for an hour! can I?
2. Similar question regarding the 20% discount on food at all the attractions....is the discount valid on my friends food or just the pass holders? I guess Id have to order the food myself for everyone in my group and then they can not give the discount if I ordered it, right?

Hope you can help...Thanks :)

I have been with friends before (who don't have passes) and we were all allowed ERT.

I booked their tickets using my MAP though, (£20 quid i think on merlin website), don't know if this made any difference, i wouldn't of thought so.

And yes, you get 20% off the whole order, providing you order it as a collective and you (or whoever the pass belongs to) does the 'exchange' personally.

Dont give your pass to someone else to use, but you can order for as many people as you want, so probably best to let everyone give you the money, (unless you are treating everyone of course)
Last edited by smudge. on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nickhutson
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:39 am

So it seems to me that Merlin have very kindly removed a lot of the previous friends and family discount privileges.  No Thorpe, no Dungeons and no London Eye.  How kind of them. 
Nick Hutson
Presenter - The Season Pass Podcast and Nick\'s Season Pass ERT
http://www.theseasonpasspodcast.com
Producer and Co-Presenter - MusicalTalk - The UK\'s Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Good spot, the squeeze continues.

jmgpannal
TT Member
TT Member

The Merlin Annual Pass

Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:16 pm

^ Nope you still get discount at TP, London Eye and the Dungeons. When you ring to book they give you the discount. They just aren't listed on the MAP page for some reason.

SpinballEdders

Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Quick Question: Is it possible to pick up a M.A.P from a park during the close season?