UK theme parks from another point of view!

Alex.D
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Merlin Annual Pass

Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Its Because they took 3 payments of it instead of just 1. :/ Weird
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97

DougFlo
TT Member
TT Member

Friends & Family Discount plus Bounce Back

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:36 pm

Can you buy Family & Friends tickets using your MAP and then buy a next day bounce back ticket for a 2 day visit?

Cheers

Kirsty25

Re: Friends & Family Discount plus Bounce Back

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:36 pm

I would guess so yes

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Friends & Family Discount plus Bounce Back

Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:57 am

Strictly speaking they will only accept a full priced ticket. The Family and Friends discount gets you a "Corporate ticket".

That said, it boils down to the attendant on the day, they'll either not check, or you can try and blag the old "Oh I it got too wet on a water ride!" etc.
If all else fails, just politely ask people on the way out if they have a full priced ticket you could have.

lucy2244
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Just some quick questions about the friend and family tickets as I'm planning to get one for my dad's first visit on Tuesday :D
1. do they get ERT? I know this was discussed above but now they're checking tickets I don't want to risk being stood in mutiny bay for an hour :D
2. Do you pay over the phone when you order them or have to pay at the resort on the day?
3. will they email them to you, or do you pick them up?
I thought I'd ask on here before I make a phone call just to be put on hold and charged ridiculous rates :)
Thanks to Lewis97 :)

Benji
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:25 am

lucy2244 wrote:
Just some quick questions about the friend and family tickets as I'm planning to get one for my dad's first visit on Tuesday :D
1. do they get ERT? I know this was discussed above but now they're checking tickets I don't want to risk being stood in mutiny bay for an hour :D
2. Do you pay over the phone when you order them or have to pay at the resort on the day?
3. will they email them to you, or do you pick them up?
I thought I'd ask on here before I make a phone call just to be put on hold and charged ridiculous rates :)

1 - not entirely sure.
2 - you pay over the phone with your card.
3 - pick them up from the pre-ordered tickets booth
:D

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:41 pm

Answer to 1 is yes, but you have to wait for pre booking to open which may only be 10 mins before the main gates open.
If you go down to the woods today

TheBoyWithOneEye
TT Member
TT Member

Lost MAP

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:28 pm

Here's the thing, some one I know has lost their MAP so I am asking on here on their behalf and they have been advised to go to the place that issued their pass and get a replacement pass for a £10 fee (Alton Towers). But, getting to Alton isn't an easy trip and takes a 3 hour journey! But now we have been told that we can pay full price for a normal day ticket to THORPE PARK and and get a replacement pass their instead. (which is much easier as we are much closer to their then Alton). So what I would like to know is, when does the annul pass building close at Thorpe because where are going to the summer night event on the 30th and would like to get it then if possible as the event starts at 7:30, would they need to bring any ID or something like that, and if it would actually be possible to get the pass on that day?

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Team edit - Post moved ~ hursty
Last edited by TheBoyWithOneEye on Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:48 pm

You will most definitely need ID to pick up a replacement. I'd get in writing, via email, that they will allow you to go to Thorpe Park and double check that they'll refund the ticket price. I've not heard of that being offered in general, but they may just be offering fabulous customer service.

Kirsty25

Re: Lost MAP

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:54 pm

TheBoyWithOneEye wrote:
Here's the thing, some one I know has lost their MAP so I am asking on here on their behalf and they have been advised to go to the place that issued their pass and get a replacement pass for a £10 fee (Alton Towers). But, getting to Alton isn't an easy trip and takes a 3 hour journey! But now we have been told that we can pay full price for a normal day ticket to THORPE PARK and and get a replacement pass their instead. (which is much easier as we are much closer to their then Alton). So what I would like to know is, when does the annul pass building close at Thorpe because where are going to the summer night event on the 30th and would like to get it then if possible as the event starts at 7:30, would they need to bring any ID or something like that, and if it would actually be possible to get the pass on that day?

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Team edit - Post moved ~ hursty

I was under the understanding that you could ONLY pick up a replacement MAP at the attraction it was issued at. Mine was issued in London @ Madame Tussauds so I'm stuffed if I lose it as it's a 5 hour journey train/tube to get there. Excellent customer service if they will let you collect from Thorpe Park but it does state in the conditions that they'll be reissued from the issuing office, presumably because they don't have a centralised system and the details are saved at that particular attraction perhaps>

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:20 am

If you scream and shout loud enough you will get it issued where you need it. We got ours from Chessington and they only ever worked at Chessington, so after 3 attempts for Chessington to try and get it working and failing every time even with issuing new passes, we got ours issued at Thorpe. Took a few visits to Guest services but got it done. So it can be done, don't think you need to drive 5 hours to London. Be polite and they can issue them, even if they need to make a few phone calls.

daveclarkedaveclarke
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:28 pm

can anyone tell me the renewal price of a premium pass map at Alton does it differ from the price on the website?

Kirsty25

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:59 pm

daveclarkedaveclarke wrote:
can anyone tell me the renewal price of a premium pass map at Alton does it differ from the price on the website?

The website usually seems to offer a discount of however much which you may not get "on the gate"

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:39 am

I had to get my MAP re-printed due to too much use and the bar code would not scan any more. I have noticed two changes between my old and new card.

1) The Weymouth Sealife tower is now listed
2) There is no longer a space for your drinks capsule to be clipped.

Is this an insight into what may be happening next year.... MAP capsules being too popular that they may remove them and just give us standard MAP discount on the day capsules to make more cash?

Kirsty25

Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:05 pm

bensaund wrote:
I had to get my MAP re-printed due to too much use and the bar code would not scan any more. I have noticed two changes between my old and new card.

1) The Weymouth Sealife tower is now listed
2) There is no longer a space for your drinks capsule to be clipped.

Is this an insight into what may be happening next year.... MAP capsules being too popular that they may remove them and just give us standard MAP discount on the day capsules to make more cash?

The MAP capsules... well they best keep them, or I will take my own drinks into the park as I refuse to pay out ridiculous amounts for drinks. A day capsule at what £5 a day... I'll have been 14 times to Merlin parks this year (by the end of the season), it's a lot of money when I think at the moment "I only have to pay for petrol to get there then nothing else" :( I do hope you're wrong

DanM3
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:55 am

Can you use your MAP at the alton towers and thorpe park scarefest and fire works?

King Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:59 am

DanM3 wrote:
Can you use your MAP at the alton towers and thorpe park scarefest and fire works?

Indeed you can :)

Although I believe there are some restriction you have to look out for, for thorpe anyway its:

Entry to Fright Nights and other events at THORPE PARK without a fee
For Standard Passholders, a £5 event fee may apply

Kirsty25

Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:42 pm

King Nemesis wrote:
DanM3 wrote:

Indeed you can :)

Although I believe there are some restriction you have to look out for, for thorpe anyway its:

Entry to Fright Nights and other events at THORPE PARK without a fee
For Standard Passholders, a £5 event fee may apply

At Alton Towers you also have to pay for the mazes (The Sanctuary and TOTT) Fireworks I believe there's no further charge!!

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Thorpe may look cheaper as you don't pay for the mazes, but you have to remember they seriously oversell Fast Track so if you are happy to wait in a 2 hour queue and watch hundreds of Fast Track guests go in front, then it is kind of free, or you just end up paying out for Fast Track which brings it to the same price as Alton's 2 mazes. Fast track cost + event fee vs just a fee to go in an Alton maze.

Whatever your view you end up paying for it no matter which park you go to.

RobStandley
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:52 am

Anyone clear up the ERT yet for friends and family?