UK theme parks from another point of view!

Mayfly_
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Merlin Annual Pass

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:18 pm

Was there any further word about the VIP AP, I recall reading about more info being available in March but I haven't heard or seen anything?

jmgpannal
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:36 pm

Nope, not yet! Saw a post on the MAP Facebook page saying that details would be emailed out soon.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:29 pm

This is an interesting find on alton tower's facebook comments about the birthday vouchers...

Sarah Taylor: My daughter and I have just brought merlin passes. In the packs are birthday passes to be used within so many days of our birthdays..our birthdays are both in January-can we just use them anytime?

Alton Towers: Hi Sarah, you'd need to use them within 7 days of our theme park opening, so by the 29th March.

jmgpannal
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:13 am

DeanGaryCox wrote:
This is an interesting find on alton tower's facebook comments about the birthday vouchers...

Sarah Taylor: My daughter and I have just brought merlin passes. In the packs are birthday passes to be used within so many days of our birthdays..our birthdays are both in January-can we just use them anytime?

Alton Towers: Hi Sarah, you'd need to use them within 7 days of our theme park opening, so by the 29th March.

That's not new, Merlin have been saying this for weeks!

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:44 am

I haven't seen that before... I just thought they would have to go to the other all year round mid way attractions with the vouchers, as that's what was initially said.

CJH
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:25 am

Quick question:
I bought my Merlin Membership last season, will we still get this pack with birthday vouchers/fastrack vouchers etc?

We haven't recieved them yet, but are visiting tomorrow, can we pick these up at the box office?

Thanks

jmgpannal
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:34 am

CJH wrote:
Quick question:
I bought my Merlin Membership last season, will we still get this pack with birthday vouchers/fastrack vouchers etc?

We haven't recieved them yet, but are visiting tomorrow, can we pick these up at the box office?

Thanks

No, it's only available for Annual Passholders at the moment and then only if you bought it since the rebranding in January.

Mayfly_
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:47 pm

jmgpannal wrote:
Nope, not yet! Saw a post on the MAP Facebook page saying that details would be emailed out soon.

Wicked stuff, thanks for the reply.

In the meantime I collected my AP today and got my privilege pack, so that will keep me going for now. :)

DSA
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:40 pm

Given that the unlimited one day drinks capsules have increased in price to £7, I think the annual pass offer at 75p a fill (plus £1.99 one-off) actually represents a useful offer for those who might fancy a couple of refills each visit, but certainly not enough to justify a £7 capsule. Whether or not you might end up paying more overall than in previous years is a different matter altogether. I still think 50p or £1 would have been a better price per refill, however (single coin, easy change).

Out of interest can someone please confirm on site what the soft drink refill options are in addition to the carbonated line-up and water?

jmgpannal
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:31 am

^ It is only the carbonated drinks and water they have available. Oh, and Legoland have still Fanta.

Dr.Kelham
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:14 am

Soft drink option is Oasis if I remember correctly from Sunday, and yes I bought the new capsule
With thanks to lewis97 :)

jmgpannal
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:30 pm

Can someone who has their premium Passholder pack tell me what the T&C are on the kids eat free at Legoland.

Or even better post a pic of them!

Ladyofthelake
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:49 pm

jmgpannal wrote:
Can someone who has their premium Passholder pack tell me what the T&C are on the kids eat free at Legoland.

T&C's are:
This voucher entitles the passholder to one kid's meal for free with every full priced adult meal purchased. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. A kid's meal is for children aged 12 years and under. This offer is available for up to 4 free kids meals however each child must be accompanied by an adult purchasing a full priced meal from the same outlet. This voucher is only valid at City Walk Pizza and Pasta Buffet.

Offer subject to availability only. May exclude some lines.

jmgpannal
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:50 pm

ladyofthelake wrote:
jmgpannal wrote:

T&C's are:
This voucher entitles the passholder to one kid's meal for free with every full priced adult meal purchased. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. A kid's meal is for children aged 12 years and under. This offer is available for up to 4 free kids meals however each child must be accompanied by an adult purchasing a full priced meal from the same outlet. This voucher is only valid at City Walk Pizza and Pasta Buffet.

Offer subject to availability only. May exclude some lines.

Excellent! Thanks!!

lf2001
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:10 pm

Do you just need one pass for a Family pass, or does everyone need to have one each?

Ladyofthelake
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:13 pm

lf2001 wrote:
Do you just need one pass for a Family pass, or does everyone need to have one each?

Each member of your family will be issued with their own pass, so if you want to visit the attractions separately you can :)

Master_feedback
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:01 pm

Anyone got an update on the vip packs still not had mine ... (should have asked for one when I got my pass)

Dr.Kelham
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Master_feedback wrote:
Anyone got an update on the vip packs still not had mine ... (should have asked for one when I got my pass)

Do you mean privilege pack? I just received one through the post today despite picking one up the other week

Master_feedback
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:50 pm

Yes I did mean privilege pack got my pass mid march so three weeks ago now .. I guess I should wait a bit longer

Dr.Kelham
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:45 am

Master_feedback wrote:
Yes I did mean privilege pack got my pass mid march so three weeks ago now .. I guess I should wait a bit longer

If not send an email to [email protected] this is what I did for my visit but they didn't get back to me soon enough before I went to Alton, so I picked one up at Alton and then got a reply for my address on Friday so I just sent them it and it came 1st class signed for worth a try - before any one asks it was not my intention to end up with two privilege packs but hey ho