UK theme parks from another point of view!

sampy55
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Merlin Annual Pass

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Trisnie wrote:
Sorry to post so many questions just trying to get the most from the pass but I see from the perks it states 20% off accommodation do you get a code to use to get this?

I only have experience of the AT hotel, but this has to be done over the phone. You just give your pass number when calling the booking line.
The 20% is off the full room rate, so can sometimes work out more expensive if there are special offers on, so it's always good to check first.

Hope this helps
Nemesis makes me Smile

Michelle
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:05 pm

Bought my new pass today from Legoland discovery Manchester , Thanks to the lovely guys who didn't kill me after they spent 15 minutes trying to print my pass cos the printer gave up , I now have my first AP where I don't look like a bloated serial killer on the photo! (I also have a lego brick with my name on which has been a source of happiness all afternoon ;) ) /geek.
Can't wait to visit the towers next month :))

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

New MAP

Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:30 pm

Has anyone else had the email from Merlin about new passes and the 50 questions????
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Re: New MAP

Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Yep, I filled it in but I don't know how much attention they will actually pay to my comments.

The Ultimate pass has bee rumored for a couple of years now. I would definitely be interested in it, depending on how much it is

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:35 am

Had a discussion with friends this evening about this and we both put a lot of comments into it. If they get a lot of people completing this, then they will get some good data to work on. We do this at our work for external and internal customers and all data and comments are passed on.

The thing is will they act on the data they receive or will they be selective on what they do.
If you go down to the woods today

TheBoyWithOneEye
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:10 am

Did the unlimate pass have fast track. I cant remember?

Saz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:38 am

I made quite a few comments. The Ultimate Pass would be a great idea in my opinion as long as they don't start taking away the current perks enjoyed by Premium Pass holders (i.e. free parking, no exclusion dates) and moving them onto this new pass. The survey also mentioned something about the standard pass changing so that you could select what Merlin attractions you did and didn't want to go to. Again I think this would be a good idea (I mean I have no intention of visiting every Sealife centre in the country), but it would be a mistake to limit what you can select e.g. just the four main themeparks, or the London attractions, or the Blackpool attractions etc.
Yes it's a floating hedgehog.

Michelle
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:50 pm

I said I thought a 'Pick n mix' style pass was a good idea but that a regional pass was too limiting. Also that I think a pass with unlimited fast track could be a disaster, the queues at peak are rubbish enough without adding more .. However that is purely from my POV as I know I'll not be able to justify the cost of an 'ultimate' pass when it is introduced.

Tryst
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:32 pm

I suggested that a +1 perk for the Ultimate Pass allowing you to bring a friend. I'd certainly go to Thorpe Park a lot more if I could drag someone along without having to pre-book a half-price ticket for them.

TheBoyWithOneEye
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Yeah. Thats what i commented on the questionaire.

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Tryst wrote:
I suggested that a +1 perk for the Ultimate Pass allowing you to bring a friend. I'd certainly go to Thorpe Park a lot more if I could drag someone along without having to pre-book a half-price ticket for them.

And to add having to call up when you could easily book online. The cost isn't such a problem but having to call up and the collect at the attraction is a real pain and the main reason I never do it. I want to get in early and near the front of the annual pass queue, not have to queue up at ticket collection to be near the back of the annual pass queue and have 4000 people through the doors and this means queues

nickhutson
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:21 am

Yes. The biggest annoyance is a constant change in pricing for friends and family. I want to have a constant 60% off price - on the day with not having to pay 10p a minute to book in advance and pay on the phone. Would be nice to be able to walk into tussauds on a whim with a friend and have the friend only pay £12.
Nick Hutson
Presenter - The Season Pass Podcast and Nick\'s Season Pass ERT
http://www.theseasonpasspodcast.com
Producer and Co-Presenter - MusicalTalk - The UK\'s Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

Tryst
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:03 pm

nickhutson wrote:
Yes. The biggest annoyance is a constant change in pricing for friends and family. I want to have a constant 60% off price - on the day with not having to pay 10p a minute to book in advance and pay on the phone. Would be nice to be able to walk into tussauds on a whim with a friend and have the friend only pay £12.

That's how the regular annual passes should work, never mind the new ultimate one. Having to pre-book and collect can be a pain in the dick, especially on events like Scarefest when the queue for collection was longer than the queue to buy on the day. If they can process 1/2 price vouchers at the regular ticket kiosks, they should be able to accept the barcode on the MAP as a voucher.

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:03 am

I'm all for getting friends in cheap, but I am not going to queue and end up getting thousands of people in front of me.

I was very very annoyed with Alton over this:
-Booked a friend for 1 day during Feb half turn, could print tickets at home and go straight through the main gates, excellent
-Booked two days with my dad online, I have to go to ticket collection... why?

Wouldn't it be in Merlin's interests for everyone to do everything online and print at home?

For my two day trip to the towers it would have been easier to book 1 day, get print at home tickets then do a bounce back and pop into the Box office and pay the extra £5.

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:07 am

I said longer hours at the themeparks needed that was about it really - oh yea and why unlike Disney can they not get one park at least open all year round
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!

TheBoyWithOneEye
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:41 am

If i had a merlin annual family pass for me, my sister and my dad and my sister didnt want to go, could i take some one elss insted of her as you only have 1 pass between you or would they put a picture of every one on that 1 pass so they know who it belongs to?

jmgpannal
TT Member
TT Member

The Merlin Annual Pass

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:19 pm

TheBoyWithOneEye wrote:
If i had a merlin annual family pass for me, my sister and my dad and my sister didnt want to go, could i take some one elss insted of her as you only have 1 pass between you or would they put a picture of every one on that 1 pass so they know who it belongs to?

Passes are individual to a person and have photographs on them. You can't share!

TheBoyWithOneEye
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:19 pm

They should really do a pass that lets you share, i would go much more often then!

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:54 pm

Yeah, but what will happen is you will get friends sharing passes and it could be shared with 10 people. If you buy in the January sale its only £74 and that is fantastic value for money, so no excuse really not to buy.

fiftysevenstudio
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Another change to perks. From now you won't get 20% discount if you want to buy a Photopass.
So previously I paid £16 for 5 photos (with MAP discount) now It will be £20. SHAME.

EDIT Just realised that there is another thread with this info already. Please remove.
Last edited by fiftysevenstudio on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.