UK theme parks from another point of view!

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Merlin Annual Pass

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:28 pm

owen92 wrote:
sampy55 wrote:
bensaund wrote:
If you are taking two friends, get them to use a BOGOF, you will save the expensive phone call and the ticket price will be cheaper

I agree. The friends and family tickets are a bit of a waste of time.
My biggest bugbear is that you don't get ERT with them. We all have passes and my daughter wanted to take her friend. We'd planned to go in the park at 9, but that would've meant leaving her friend at the gate on her own for an hour  :roll:

I was told that any Friends and Family tickets do get ERT. My mate got ERT at the start of the month.

I thought that friends and family tickets bought with the MAP were on ERT.

Sanctuary Nurse
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Merlin Membership

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:17 am

Rang up merlin at 9.05 this morning was the first person in the uk to have a membership lol so happy :)
Dr Kelman might be mad....But i'll let you into a secret ...ALL THE BEST PEOPLE ARE :)

air_head
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:28 pm

Do they take a payment while you sign up? Or is the first payment taken in a month's time, like when you take out a phone contract?

Sanctuary Nurse
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:09 pm

They took payment straight away they were very helpful
Dr Kelman might be mad....But i'll let you into a secret ...ALL THE BEST PEOPLE ARE :)

Sanctuary Nurse
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:09 pm

does anyone know if the card will have photos as one is for my daughter who wont be with me at the time i go pick them up??

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:06 am

When Chessington messed up our MAP earlier in the year and failed to fix it on multiple attempts, we got Thorpe to issue some, but our nieces were not with us, so the issuer just pointed the web cam at a picture we have on our phone and you wouldn't know the difference
If you go down to the woods today

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:42 pm

Whilst it's quite normal to pay more when you spread the cost of something (insurances, council tax, road tax, etc) but £50 is a bit extreme!

Sanctuary Nurse
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:38 am

picked up mine yesterday....was so happy like a kid in a candy store lol

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:23 am

It's not £50 more expensive? A year's membership is the same as a year's annual pass at full price (barring a few quid).

Michelle
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:42 am

Tom G wrote:
It's not £50 more expensive? A year's membership is the same as a year's annual pass at full price (barring a few quid).

Not sure, but he was probably referring to the price you can obtain a pass in the January sale/ renewals :)

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:24 pm

They've indicated that they have no plans to repeat the 50% off sale. Last year's Boxing Day/New Year sale was only 37% off so I think we will either see now annual pass sale this year or a £99 offer again.

sampy55
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:37 pm

Kirsty25 wrote:
owen92 wrote:
sampy55 wrote:
bensaund wrote:
If you are taking two friends, get them to use a BOGOF, you will save the expensive phone call and the ticket price will be cheaper

I agree. The friends and family tickets are a bit of a waste of time.
My biggest bugbear is that you don't get ERT with them. We all have passes and my daughter wanted to take her friend. We'd planned to go in the park at 9, but that would've meant leaving her friend at the gate on her own for an hour  :roll:

I was told that any Friends and Family tickets do get ERT. My mate got ERT at the start of the month.

I thought that friends and family tickets bought with the MAP were on ERT.

Well, unless things have changed this year? (it was last year when I tried to book the ticket)
I ended up having to pay full price just to get the ERT, which I wasn't happy about. I emailed Merlin to complain and they replied saying that ERT was only available for passholders and hotel guests. They omitted the thousands of people that book online!
Nemesis makes me Smile

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:51 pm

Not to mention that on at least 5 of my visits this year, there were no staff checking tickets to see if guests were entitled to ERT, even when one of those visits Nemesis was on one train. We mentioned it as was told "Nemesis can cope with the number of people coming on to the ride"

That is really good to know that any Tom, Dick and Harry who is not entitled to ERT can get it.

Craftylee
TT Member
TT Member

Upgrade annual pass

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi guys,

As per the amazing deal seen here:

http://thorpepark.com/prices/annual-pas ... x?tabnum=3

Are you able to upgrade a 12 month thorpe park pass into a fullmerlin annual pass? If so how much does that cost? Might be able to save some money there and do this

Alex.D
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:26 am

Well merlin have now lost £428 as their system was down. We were going to buy a family annual pass and go to thorpe park today but we spent 2 hours on trying to get the annual pass online. :/ It is really annoying. 1 themepark trip I was certain of going on ruined because merlin can't even be bothered to maintain their computer system. :(
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97

Fiyero
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Re: The Merlin Annual Pass

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:09 pm

Alex.D wrote:
Well merlin have now lost £428 as their system was down. We were going to buy a family annual pass and go to thorpe park today but we spent 2 hours on trying to get the annual pass online. :/ It is really annoying. 1 themepark trip I was certain of going on ruined because merlin can't even be bothered to maintain their computer system. :(

Was it down at the park as well?

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Alex.D wrote:

How can you complain that the computer system was down, how do you know that it was that they hadn't maintained it??

On occasion our computer systems go down and its noones fault other than head office are completing centralised updates/maintenance so we can't use certain functions. What's to say this wasn't the case with it being a Sunday?

Benji
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:41 pm

Alex.D wrote:

Couldn't you have bought a family annual pass at Thorpe park?

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:52 am

It probably would have been cheaper to purchase online and pick up at the park as if you buy it at the park, I'm sure they will charge more.

You should have paid for a full price ticket at Thorpe and got one of their annual passes for the remainder of the year.