Thank goodness for chrish: when I decided just to check out what he had been told at Alton with the VIP line the response I received was : "yep, that's correct. It's the last day today. Come 5 O'Clock it's over". My wife and I just looked at each other and thought "okay we need to do this!". My wallet is still silently weeping at the cost, but hopefully it will be worth it.
Firstly it took absolutely AGES to get through, around 20 - 25 minutes (I checked on my iPhone). I too received some useful info from the Merlin rep:
1. At the time of my call there were no passes left at Alton. There were only a couple left at Madame Tussaud's which we grabbed.
2. The pass WILL apply to scare attractions, we specifically asked this. They put us on hold to check then confirmed it, so brilliant as that was really important to our decision to go ahead (we love the mazes!).
3. Again, as of 5 today there will be no more VIP passes offered, that's it. So to anyone who got theirs today (including me) I think we can all breathe a sigh of collective relief.
4. Fast track applies to all uk attractions but you do get free admission to any international park.
I am a little taken aback by the mention of these selling on ebay for £350. I have a couple of reactions to that:
1. Why would anyone sell something worth £500 for £150 less (unless of course it is simply an unwanted gift?) The laws of commerce would suggest that if something is in limited demand the price should go up, not down (e.g. tickets for a London show I wanted to see that sold for £45 are now going for £580!). Unless its just one person wanting to get rid, it seems a pretty crazy business plan : )
2. It was highlighted a couple of times on the call that all VIP passes are non-transferable. Its therefore not possible to sell them to anyone: it would be a breach of contract to do so, and, if someone was to change the photo etc. possibly fraudulent. Again, I don't really get why someone would attempt this: at law you can't transfer rights to someone that you don't have yourself.
But anyway: WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!! We are really happy to be joining the ranks of others on here, and may see you about.
Thanks for all the guidance on here.
Well done on getting the passes. I ordered another one yesterday while at AT. It did take quiet a while to get through. I am just surprised they did not publish it anywhere it was the last day.
Had a really good day yesterday. The park in the morning was a little busy, but in the afternoon the queues dispersed nicely across the park with a lot of the rides being walk on, so no need to bother with the FT queue. In the morning I walked past the line for Rita and the FT door was closed, so went to the exit and was advised to use the FT queue. I explained it was closed and was told it has just opened, so go and use it. Anyway the queue was very long, so used the single queue as there was no queue in that. I also after 6 years managed to board Oblivion. It is not that bad and had been added to my list.
Just noticed the Join the Waiting list button has appeared. http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/vip.aspx