UK theme parks from another point of view!

Crofty

Re: The Merlin Annual Pass

Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:16 pm

Nope, it only covers Attractions in the UK. :)

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:05 pm

A new Passholder perk

Friends and family tickets

Merlin Annual Passholders can now treat their family and friends to a day out for less this summer. Enjoy savings of up to 50% on one-day tickets at five of the UK’s top attractions.

Tickets can be booked for any specific date between now and 31st August 2010. What’s more, if your friends enjoy their visit, we’ll refund the cost should they decide to upgrade into a Merlin Annual Pass whilst at the attraction!

To Purchase, Take a look at the great savings below. To purchase tickets your friends and family need to call 0871 222 4001 and quote ‘MAP Friend Offer’ (9am to 5pm daily).

This offer is not available on-the-day at the attractions and must be pre booked via telephone at least 24 hours in advance of visit.

Something I have been wanting to see for a while, even if it is only for a month or so. Ok so not quite 50% discount on all atractions there, (Alton Towers for example is £22) but better than nothing I guess.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

danny13
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:00 pm

"Vik" wrote:
A new Passholder perk

Friends and family tickets

Merlin Annual Passholders can now treat their family and friends to a day out for less this summer. Enjoy savings of up to 50% on one-day tickets at five of the UK’s top attractions.

Tickets can be booked for any specific date between now and 31st August 2010. What’s more, if your friends enjoy their visit, we’ll refund the cost should they decide to upgrade into a Merlin Annual Pass whilst at the attraction!

To Purchase, Take a look at the great savings below. To purchase tickets your friends and family need to call 0871 222 4001 and quote ‘MAP Friend Offer’ (9am to 5pm daily).

This offer is not available on-the-day at the attractions and must be pre booked via telephone at least 24 hours in advance of visit.

Something I have been wanting to see for a while, even if it is only for a month or so. Ok so not quite 50% discount on all atractions there, (Alton Towers for example is £22) but better than nothing I guess.

Do you think it includes ERT for family + friends? It should really because in the description it says the aim is 'so you now have a great reason to show your friends and family what they're missing out on.' :D

---****EDIT****----*POST INFO ADDED*------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone else that was wondering, the family and friends perk DOES include Early Ride Time at Alton Towers as it is a pre-booked ticket.

Dylan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:11 am

Quick question. Does the MAP allow you to skip the main queue for entry into any of the central London attractions? I may have a couple of hours to spare tomorrow afternoon and was thinking of perhaps popping to the Aquarium.
Thanks.

James6
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:00 am

For London Dunegons, yes you don't queue in the main queue, but there is a separate queue for AP holders and those who have pre-booked there tickets, it's always a lot shorter but even that queue can be a 1 or2 hour wait. Madame Tussauds is similar with a shorter queue but still usually a queue and never been to the aquarium but would assume it's the same.

The London Eye I've never had to queue for when using my MAP, but that may just be me being lucky.

:)
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Just a note from this months AP Newsletter about August restrictions on standard APs:-

August Restrictions

We would like to remind Passholders of the following restrictions:
No entry during the month of August at London Eye, Madame Tussauds London, London Dungeon and SEA LIFE London Aquarium.

Any Passholder wishing to visit the four London attractions during August will require a day entry ticket, but don't forget there are still loads of attractions for you to visit in August with your pass, including the four theme parks!

Please note - this restriction does not apply to anyone with a Merlin Premium Annual Pass. If you have a 'gold' Merlin Annual Pass (purchased in 2009) the August restriction will apply before 3pm only, as stated on your card.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Also from the newsletter: 50% off Picsolve USB wristbands for August - details here.

danny13
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Is the USB wristband going to be valid for use next year? Or will they try and con more money out of us? Anyone know? Thanks :D

James6
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:49 pm

And 20% off all photo products :)

iloveshauni
TT Member
TT Member

Friends & Family MAP offer!

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:05 pm

Has anyone taken advantage of this offer yet?

I was just wondering if the offer included ERT as it is in conjunction with a MAP?

I mean £15 is a bargain anyway but just didn't want to turn up an hour early if we didn't need to :lol:

Thanks,

Kyle :D

James6
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:36 pm

Yeah, twice actually :D It's a fantastic perk.

However both times we didn't get there till lunch time, I would guess that it would be eligible for ERT as it is a pre-booked ticket.

If the majority of your group are MAP holders anyway then they'll usually let the others through.

Hope this has helped, probably not I think it'd probably be worth a try. :P

iloveshauni
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:42 pm

Thanks mate! :D

Dean

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Another 20% off Sale started today, until 4pm on 6th September...

So new Individual passes online are now back to £120...

Also existing pass holders can renew now for only £75...

Coke
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:50 pm

I would until Christmas time ideally though as this has historically been the cheapest time to buy your pass.

Are you thirsty?

danny13
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:01 pm

50% off MAP renewals: http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/what_it_costs/renewals.asp?css=1

Mine runs out in March.. not sure whether they would let me renew now with it being so fair in advance :?

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Well on the Merlin annual pass website it says:

"Don’t worry if your pass is not due for renewal yet as you can still take advantage of this great offer. Simply renew online or by telephone and we’ll send you a reference number which can be exchanged for your new pass once your current pass expires. Please note your new pass will start from the day you collect it.

And if your pass expired more than 8 weeks ago, we’ll happily welcome you back providing you renew by phone only before 6th September."

I am tempted to do it. We were going to have a break from it next year as we are off to Florida in March and want to save some money up. But it is tempting!

The its man
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:59 pm

For anyone who's not yet seen, there's an auction been put on by merlin Entertainment for a family merlin annual pass and a VIP tour of Madame Tussauds and Merlin Studios

Link

Sorry for the loooong link :roll:
Last edited by The its man on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Screw the entrance fee, I have an annual pass!

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:13 pm

The Merlin Annual Pass Facebook has revealed information about the entry into the new Blackpool attractions next year.

You may be aware that Merlin Entertainments will soon be opening some new attractions and experiences in Blackpool. These attractions are expected to open late spring 2011, although they will not become part of the Merlin Annual Pass until late summer 2011. The attractions are:

* Blackpool Tower
* Blackpool Dungeon
* Madame Tussauds Blackpool

Your Merlin Annual Pass currently provides entry to SEA LIFE Blackpool.

We will of course provide more information as and when it becomes available. In the meantime, you can view a list of attractions included with the Merlin Annual Pass here:

[url=http://merlinannualpass.co.uk/what_you_get/attractions.asp?css=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://merlinannualpass.co.uk/what_you_ ... .asp?css=1[/url]

Link

Jordan

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:20 pm

"Chris" wrote:
The Merlin Annual Pass Facebook has revealed information about the entry into the new Blackpool attractions next year.

You may be aware that Merlin Entertainments will soon be opening some new attractions and experiences in Blackpool. These attractions are expected to open late spring 2011, although they will not become part of the Merlin Annual Pass until late summer 2011. The attractions are:

* Blackpool Tower
* Blackpool Dungeon
* Madame Tussauds Blackpool

Your Merlin Annual Pass currently provides entry to SEA LIFE Blackpool.

We will of course provide more information as and when it becomes available. In the meantime, you can view a list of attractions included with the Merlin Annual Pass here:

[url=http://merlinannualpass.co.uk/what_you_get/attractions.asp?css=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://merlinannualpass.co.uk/what_you_ ... .asp?css=1[/url]

Link

To me, I see that as them holding off a price increase for another year (or a refresh of the pass lineup to perhaps add these into the Premium pass instead).

colin32
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:57 pm

I am planning a weekend in London next January. I have enough clubcard vouchers for 2 merlin annual passes for myself and a friend. Once I have exchanged the clubcard vouchers for map vouchers, can I just take the map vouchers to London eye there and then and exchange for passes and then use straight away for all the London attractions.