UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dean

Re: The Merlin Annual Pass

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:59 pm

"colin32" wrote:
I am planning a weekend in London next January. I have enough clubcard vouchers for 2 merlin annual passes for myself and a friend. Once I have exchanged the clubcard vouchers for map vouchers, can I just take the map vouchers to London eye there and then and exchange for passes and then use straight away for all the London attractions.

Yes, thats correct...

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:40 pm

When you renew, do you get a new card which you HAVE to go and collect? Alton Towers is the closest pick up point to me and it's 120 miles away.

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:00 pm

"Tom Green" wrote:
When you renew, do you get a new card which you HAVE to go and collect? Alton Towers is the closest pick up point to me and it's 120 miles away.

I'm pretty sure they deliver it to you. I got mine through the post. There should be a "post" or "collect" option.

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:51 pm

But your initial one HAS to be collected doesn't it?

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:04 pm

"Tom Green" wrote:
But your initial one HAS to be collected doesn't it?

I got my intial one through the post -the one I currently have now- you have to fill in a form and attach a picture of yourself. But you could of collected it at the Towers as it did take roughly 3 weeks to process and be sent off.

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:31 pm

I have bought a voucher for one from eBay. Just a couple of questions.

You can enter AT at 9am with an Annual Pass?

Do you just scan the barcode like a normal ticket and they let you in?

Anonymous

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:34 pm

"Tom Green" wrote:
I have bought a voucher for one from eBay. Just a couple of questions.

You can enter AT at 9am with an Annual Pass?

Do you just scan the barcode like a normal ticket and they let you in?

Yup annual passes get ERT which is 9-10am

Again yep, just stick it in the scanner... wait for it to pop green and walk through. You might have to show your picture to a welcome host but thats normal.

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:38 pm

Thanks very much. I bought a proper gift voucher as the Tesco ones seem to have names printed on and surely this is at least occasionally challenged. Looking forward to getting the money's worth out of the pass anyway as I lost £100 on a Man Utd/Celtic double yesterday ha ha.

---- Post Info Added ----

...what an interesting censor system on this message board!

Also, if I pick it up on the day and then when I leave, I can just use it in the scanner when I leave the car park?

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:14 pm

"Tom Green" wrote:
Also, if I pick it up on the day and then when I leave, I can just use it in the scanner when I leave the car park?

At Thorpe, Legoland and Chessie (when they get it next year), yes, but at Alton you'll need to show it to the barrier attendants.

militantcoasterfan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:22 pm

Just a note...if it is a Tesco Annual Pass voucher you will need confirmation of your name.

I collected mine on Saturday and used a voucher of my mother and as she has a different surname, which was printed on the voucher, i was not allowed to make use of this with out excahnge confirmation from tesco due to illegal transactions.
[size=150]MILITANT COASTER FAN 1981

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:26 pm

^ Yes, this is what I was worried about. I therefore bought one that is a proper gift voucher you might buy as a Christmas present etc. £97 with postage.

Can the 20% off be used on all purchases no matter how small? Read all the other conditions, I am the type of person that will use it on a £1 drink ha ha!

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:57 pm

Yes, discounts can be had on all purchases, no matter how small, at Merlin run outlets. That includes things on special offer, such as two chocolate bars for a £1, which means with AP discount, will be 80p :D
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:31 pm

Ha ha brilliant thanks.

NeilHD
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:28 am

"Vik" wrote:
Yes, discounts can be had on all purchases, no matter how small, at Merlin run outlets. That includes things on special offer, such as two chocolate bars for a £1, which means with AP discount, will be 80p :D

This is the best way of getting cash around the parks too, as they usually do cashback (certainly Alton do), so instead of spending £1.80 or whatever on the withdrawal fee, just buy 2 chocolate bars for 80p and get some cashback with it.

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:19 am

When I picked up my pass I just said to the main at the gate I need to get into the annual pass office and he let me through, when I left (even though I now had a pass, no one would know that), I was not challenged...seems a bit slack to me, surely loads of people have got in without paying?

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:45 pm

"Tom Green" wrote:
When I picked up my pass I just said to the main at the gate I need to get into the annual pass office and he let me through, when I left (even though I now had a pass, no one would know that), I was not challenged...seems a bit slack to me, surely loads of people have got in without paying?

That is abit out of order. They should of challenged you, anyone could've got through. Surely they should of asked to see some proof, such as the receipt you get when you ordered it, it's a proof of purchase for a reason!

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:10 pm

I had a gift voucher and I showed them that, but it was just glanced at briefly. Why not just have the pass office outside the entrance like they do at Thorpe?

Jordan

Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:48 pm

I have been on the border between getting a MAP or the standard Alton AP. Just a few questions:

- Does the Alton AP get the 20% discount on everything like the MAP?
- This year, could Alton AP holders buy the season drinks bottle just like MAP holders could?

Thanks in advance :)

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:09 pm

"Jordan" wrote:
- Does the Alton AP get the 20% discount on everything like the MAP?

Yep - that's an annual pass discount, and isn't pass-specific.

"Jordan" wrote:
- This year, could Alton AP holders buy the season drinks bottle just like MAP holders could?

Nope, 'cause that's specifically a MAP drinks bottle, and to be honest I'd be very surprised if they change that next year.

:)

James6
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:10 pm

I "think" you still get 20% off but unsure, and i'm afraid that you can't get a MAP drinks bottle with just an AT annual Pass. :(
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P