UK theme parks from another point of view!

Jordan

Re: The Merlin Annual Pass

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:02 pm

"Islander" wrote:
Nope, 'cause that's specifically a MAP drinks bottle, and to be honest I'd be very surprised if they change that next year.

:)

Thanks for the info :)

Shame about the drinks bottles, but it's not really enough to make me buy the Merlin Annual Pass.

davidju71

MAP Advice for South East Attractions

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:24 pm

Having bought a Merlin annual pass for the first time I'm taking my family to Chessington, Thorpe, Legoland and the dungeons next week. Never been to any of them. Where are the MAP entrances to all of them? Also any advice/ideas would be great. Got four children-Aged 13 down to 4. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Joe Koopa
TT Member
TT Member

Re: MAP Advice for South East Attractions

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:29 pm

The MAP entrances are easy to find on all the theme-parks, and are also the wheelchair and buggies entrance. Use the fastrack queue in the London Dunegon. :)

ciaran
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:49 pm

If all else fails you can enter in any of the turnstiles so you dont have to worry.
The dungeons can be confusing sometimes being so many people but just ask what is the annual pass queue/fastrack queue and you will be fine!

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:09 pm

For future reference, there's a dedicated MAP thread for all short questions like this :).

Dean

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:18 pm

October MAP sale starts tomorrow...

yousuf786
TT Member
TT Member

Is now a good time to buy?

Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:22 pm

Hi

I have 2 kids (10 and 13), meaning will have to but 2 sets of cards. 1 for a family of 3 and an individual one for my 13 year old.

I have enough club card points to buy the single one but seeing the 20% off on the family pass - would you say now's a good time to buy?

But all theme parks seem to close next week.

What say? Now a good time?

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:38 am

The pass is valid for 12 months, regardless of when it is purchased, so you will still get the same use out of it, no matter what time of year it is purchased.

During the Theme park closed season, the pass can still be used at Sealife centres as well as all the other non theme park attractions as listed on the Merlin AP website. :D

I would suggest now, as I beleive that with Te[s:9dk6dusk][/s:9dk6dusk]sco altering the way the clubcard points system operates, you will soon need a lot more points to get the Merlin AP.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:41 pm

RE: Clubcard system, it'll soon be your vouchers are worth 3x rather than 4x.

Anonymous

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:34 pm

I've just been looking this up today on the Clubcard site. I think the last day for sending in Clubcard tokens for 4x value is Dec 5th. After that, the individual pass is changing from costing £40 in tokens to £50. I should imagine the other passes will also increase by a similar proportion.

I believe they then send you back a Merlin annual pass voucher which you have 6 months to redeem by either sending it to an address they supply you with or taking it in to one of the attractions. I suppose the year will then start from this date so you could delay it to early next year.

So best value to send in your Clubcard tokens by December 5th if possible.

Dean

Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:39 am

The year starts from when you get your pass printed at the attraction...

You can renew your pass for £75 until 1st November 2010...

Coke
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:36 am

Sale this afternoon...

Are you thirsty?

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:24 am

Is it just me, or is Merlin kinda moving towards a DFS-style of sale? Y'know:

"Hurry, buy your MAP now, our Autumn Sale MUST end 5pm this Sunday! Winter Sale begins Monday 10am"

Dean

Merlin Standard Annual Pass: Free Parking to end in 2011

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:37 am

Use of a Standard Individual Merlin Annual Pass is subject to attraction operating calendars and the following restrictions; No entry during the month of August at the London Eye, SEA LIFE London Aquarium, London Dungeon and Madame Tussauds London. No entry to LEGOLAND® Windsor before 2pm during August. No entry to the London Eye on 14th February. No entry from 29th to 31st October at London Eye and London Dungeon. No entry to the Blackpool Tower attractions from 22nd – 30th October. A £5 event fee applies during Frights Nights, other events are also subject to an event fee. Attraction parking fees are not included.

New terms to go with this offer also...

Legoland is now restricted until after 2pm during August

No entry to the Blackpool Tower attractions from 22nd – 30th October

Attraction parking fees are not included

Didn't take them long to take parking off the Standard pass... :roll:
Last edited by Dean on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:01 pm

Looks like my current AP could well be my last. Removal of free parking is a deal breaker and I'm not paying for the premium pass.

Hark

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:02 pm

I've slightly concerned about this - I'm sure regular visitors will be kicked in the teeth at having to pay £5 for parking each time.

Dean

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:07 pm

Free parking must be shifting over to the Premuim Pass i'm guessing?

Khanage
TT Member
TT Member

The Merlin Annual Pass

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:22 pm

What a joke, free parking was a great AP perk. At the rate they keep removing perks the standard AP will be worthless soon!
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Chaz
TT Member
TT Member

The Merlin Annual Pass

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:32 pm

Another bad move from Merlin. I have a premium pass and renewals 'should' be ok cost wise but what are they playing at? Taking the parking off, as if they don't make enough money from the ticket-holding guests!

I hope they read this forum and see the disappointment!
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]

Hark

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:33 pm

I think this will reduce gate figures considerably... The money they make on Annual Pass Holders paying for parking will clearly outweigh the parking charge surely?