UK theme parks from another point of view!

RyanY
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Merlin Parks Quick Questions

Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:01 pm

I hope so, I wouldn't mind waiting an hour per ride and two for the swarm.

scubahood
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Has anybody heard any news on how much the Merlin drinks capsule is going to be this year?

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Don't think it's been announced yet, though I'd guess it would increase on last year (£12-15, can't remember exactly how much).

Full info on the capsules has been released, though, including a picture of what we can expect:

...so basically more like the quenchers Legoland's been using for years :P. Looks great, though - should be a massive improvement on the tatt from the last two years.

scubahood
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:56 pm

I never thought i'd find myself saying a cup looks good lol. When you put the old price I must admit I did think bloody hell that is a bit steep but then though I usually buy one bottle of drink a visit which was 3 quid last season I think. I'm gonna be going a lot more than five times so I think i've sold it to myself

AstroDan

Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:42 pm

I am still not convinced they are worth the leaks, mess and general pallava...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

scubahood
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:20 am

AstwoDan wrote:

Been thinking this since my last post also my Thorpe Annual pass doesn't run out for another week so was going to cash in my Merlin voucher on a later visit then there's the issue of storing it during rides

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:31 am

AstwoDan wrote:

Besides, you'd have diabetes before you could guzzle your way through enough fizzy drink to make buying those Quenchers worthwhile. :P

scubahood
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:44 am

I'm quite struggling to believe this but Merlin have posted this on their facebook page after I asked them about the capsule:

"Hi there Worldwide, Nick,

We have changed our capsule design for this year and the version we will be using takes slightly longer to produce however we will be sending an update email to confirm availability to all Passholders by the end of this week.
If you would like to discuss this further with a member of our team you can email us at [email protected]"

How they can have a roller coaster ready in time but can't organize to have a few thousand plastic cups ready is beyond me. On the plus side my teeth are over the moon that they won't be taking a battering tomorrow 

djtruefitt

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm

I belive that they were selling these at Thorpe yesterday, as I did see a couple of people walking around with them. Not sure how much they cost however.

jmgpannal
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:55 pm

They were £15 at Thorpe but apparently should be £16. Someone programmed the tills incorrectly!!

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:20 pm

They are indeed £16 - that's what they were being sold for at Lego.

It feels much more sturdily built than those from the last two years, but for me at least it was every bit as leaky :|

SpinballEdders

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Has anyone got a full list of songs from WWTP radio at Thorpe?

AndreJD
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:20 pm

Hey wanted to visit Thorpe Park since I'll be in London for a few days, was wondering if there's any difference at all between the 19th, 20th, 21st of June (Tue, Wed, Thu) in terms of business. I didn't think there was but just in case there's a holiday or an event on it might be best to avoid. Thanks for any help

SpinballEdders

Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:06 pm

AndreJD wrote:
Hey wanted to visit Thorpe Park since I'll be in London for a few days, was wondering if there's any difference at all between the 19th, 20th, 21st of June (Tue, Wed, Thu) in terms of business. I didn't think there was but just in case there's a holiday or an event on it might be best to avoid. Thanks for any help

It should be empty due to kids being in school

:)

Liam B
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:01 pm

on saw alive just before you went into the maze (in the photo bit) There was a heavy metal tune playing. It was only there that I heard it and I dont know if they still do it but if anyone knows what that tune is called it would be helpful. cheers :)

adsyrah
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 01, 2012 9:34 am

I'm going to Thorpe at the end of August (probably just after the bank holiday).

Any tips as to how to avoid a hellish day of queueing? Other than forking out £70 for ultimate fast track!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue May 01, 2012 12:21 pm

adsyrah wrote:
I'm going to Thorpe at the end of August (probably just after the bank holiday).

Any tips as to how to avoid a hellish day of queueing? Other than forking out £70 for ultimate fast track!

Get there at opening and go clockwise around the park. This never fails me:

Vortex > Rush > Colossus > Saw > Detonator > Nemesis Inferno > Stealth > The Swarm.

Everyone will run to the Swarm first, by the time you've made it round the park in the above order everyone will start to fill up the queues on the other attractions.  That way you'll only really have to queue for The Swarm. Rides i've not mentioned don't tend to get queues.

----reece----
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 07, 2012 10:33 am

Hey

I am going to thorpe park tomorrow (8th May)  Just wondered if any of you new how busy it would be?

cheers
reece x

SpinballEdders

Mon May 07, 2012 11:15 am

----reece---- wrote:
Hey

I am going to thorpe park tomorrow (8th May)  Just wondered if any of you new how busy it would be?

cheers
reece x

It should be quite empty, since it's a weekday and the weather will probably be poor. I'm actually going the day after you.

:)

Charlee
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 07, 2012 10:05 pm

When did Merlin/Tussauds buy Gardaland and Heide Park?
Last edited by Charlee on Mon May 07, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.