UK theme parks from another point of view!

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Merlin Parks Quick Questions

Tue May 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Well, that's precisely the day that TTF South Meet people will be at Thorpe. It'll undoubtedly be more busy than a weekday, but given the season so far, it probably won't be unbearable.

adsyrah
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Ah, goodo!

Will keep an eye out for you all :)

LukeJ
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Random question. I've heard that Stealth has got stuck before during testing but it took them 6 hours to get it down. If it did get stuck with guests on, how would they get it down, surely they couldn't take that long...

matadventure
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Would anyone happen to know if Thorpe Park has any other Resin Models of Rides other than Stealth and The Swarm
Examples of what i mean
and

and does anyone have photos of the other models and does anyone know how much they cost?

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 24, 2012 9:22 pm

I know they exist for Saw, Vampire, Nemesis, Oblivion, possibly Thirteen(??), and (if you want to go abroad) Krake as well :P.

Not sure on price, but I would imagine much of a muchness with the Swarm and Stealth ones.

Chaz
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 24, 2012 9:48 pm

LukeJ wrote:
Random question. I've heard that Stealth has got stuck before during testing but it took them 6 hours to get it down. If it did get stuck with guests on, how would they get it down, surely they couldn't take that long...

The chances of it happening are so small, but yes it has happened in testing before. Any slight movement up there can cause a stopped train to roll forwards or backwards so it should naturally fall down in a matter of seconds.

Once a roll back occurs its meant to be very quick before it can be restarted again (through opening 2-6-10 launches etc). But, having been on a roll back myself, it's never quick. Off loading is a joke.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fwtr5n
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]

matadventure
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Can anyone guess how busy it should be on the monday of the last week of june @ Thorpe Park?
Last edited by matadventure on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BowMan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:59 pm

Anyone have an idea about how busy it'll be on Sat 9th June?  :D
Image Thanks to Lewis97

mrbrightside
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Pretty busy. It's the last sat of half term. If its good weather (and probably even if not) don't be surprised to see queues of 60 minutes for things.

For future reference though, there is a specific topic for asking how busy it'll be on a certain day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage

tiger87
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Hello there,

Im of to Thorpe with some friends on the 30th could anyone tell me how busy the park is likely to be and estimated que times for the major coasters?

long time reader first time poster.

Cheers

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:18 pm

Welcome to the forums.
Thorpe has been surprisingly busy midweek since the Olympics ended. expect queues of around 45 mins to an hour for the big rides.

Trisnie
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:10 pm

I'm starting to plan a double park trip for the start of the season to Chessington and Thorpe Park, just wondering if anyone has any ideas when they are going to open next year?

Jackie Hemsley
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi re Merlin employee magic pass 2012.
can anyone tell me if i can use this during the forthcoming half term week and weekends either side at
thorpe park
madame T
Chessington
thanks

Marcus
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:52 pm

Jackie Hemsley wrote:
Hi re Merlin employee magic pass 2012.
can anyone tell me if i can use this during the forthcoming half term week and weekends either side at
thorpe park
madame T
Chessington
thanks

My dad works for merlin (chessington) and has a magic pass. Yes you can use them during the half term week and  until they close. My dad gets a new one for 2013.

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:00 pm

LukeJ wrote:

The odds on it balancing on that top hat arnt very likely. It wont stay up it will either roll back or roll forward as usual
Image credit to Lewis97

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:08 pm

DrReeve wrote:
LukeJ wrote:

The odds on it balancing on that top hat arnt very likely. It wont stay up it will either roll back or roll forward as usual

It is extremely unlikely however, there is a plan of action in place in case of such an eventuality.
A trained member of staff is required to ascend the rope attached to the platform, and upon reaching the top, push the train over.

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:20 pm

I remember it happening once a few years ago when I visited Thorpe one day.  The train had stopped on the top hat and was there at least a few hours before a crane arrived and pushed it down the other side.

I did wonder at the time whether Stealth would open that day but by mid afternoon it had done and I went on it as normal :)

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:46 am

Trisnie wrote:
I'm starting to plan a double park trip for the start of the season to Chessington and Thorpe Park, just wondering if anyone has any ideas when they are going to open next year?

Thorpe park reopens on the 14th March.
Chessington reopens on the 20th March.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:18 pm

I'm really looking forward to Zufari
If you go down to the woods today

daveclarkedaveclarke
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:47 am

Not really a park question but a Merlin question.

I've a trip to London booked 7-9 march now with the dungens opening on the 1st what would i need to do as a premium pass holder to guarantee to get in there