UK theme parks from another point of view!

Chaz
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Merlin Parks Quick Questions

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:50 pm

daveclarkedaveclarke wrote:
Not really a park question but a Merlin question.

I've a trip to London booked 7-9 march now with the dungens opening on the 1st what would i need to do as a premium pass holder to guarantee to get in there

Just turn up, you don't need to book or anything. If its really busy you'll have to queue for some time, but get there early enough and you'll be in no worries.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]

Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:14 pm

For the first 10 days of the new dungeons, only premium passes are allowed. No standards till the 11th march

Confuzzled
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Where did you get that from?

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:08 am

SamJ wrote:
For the first 10 days of the new dungeons, only premium passes are allowed. No standards till the 11th march

If this is true, then I'm not impressed....

http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/misc/standard-pass-restrictions-popup.aspx
"Please be aware that The London Dungeon is closed from the 31st January due to relocation. It will be re-open to Passholders from 11th March 2013 in it's new place next to The EDF Energy London Eye!"

This is well hidden I was planning on going but that really isn't impressive IMO, but I know they don't want thousands and thousands of pass holders flooding there and getting queue jump and general public who are paying the ridiculous entry price will not get in and Merlin won't get their money.

But if your a pass holder you can book for the preview event http://thenewlondondungeonpreview-web.eventbrite.com/

I think I will avoid the new dungeons for some time, to be honest I wasn't that impressed with the old ones. I would only go again as its included on the pass. But out of all the attractions Merlin have the only one I would pay cash to get in if I didn't have a MAP would be Alton and Chessie, and I would only do that on a BOGOF.
If you go down to the woods today

Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:16 am

Sorry to break that new guys. I believe if your a premium pass holder you can go as of the 1st march, but don't quote me on that (check the MAP site)

matadventure
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 pm

What are this years prices for Thorpe's ORP's (all of the products) and the Swarm DVD and photo offer?
Last edited by matadventure on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RITA123
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:25 pm

im goin thorpe park next friday(as long as it don't snow)what order of rides should i go on!
rides i want to go on:
stealth
the swarm
saw
colossus
nemesis inferno
detonator
slammer

Credit to Lewis97

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:15 pm

RITA123 wrote:
im goin thorpe park next friday(as long as it don't snow)what order of rides should i go on!
rides i want to go on:
stealth
the swarm
saw
colossus
nemesis inferno
detonator
slammer

I would do Saw as the first ride of the day as last week as the day went on it got more and more rough :( other than that, anything goes

TheBoyWithOneEye
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:24 am

Im going to thorpe park soon with 3 friends (that makes 4 incuding me) and im trying to thnk of the cheapest way to go. So i thought that i will get 2 of the tickets with tesco clubcard tokens as we only have enough for 2 (£22) :P and the other two we will do a buy 1 get 1 free. I was wondering can you do the buy one get one free tickets online so it would only cost us £30.24 instead of £43.20? and if anyone has any other ideas which get the tickets cheap that would be much apprecieted :D

43.20+22=65.20 divided 4=£16.30 each.

jmgpannal
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:00 am

^ Buy 1 Get 1 Free tickets only apply to the full gate prices. You can't get it off the already discounted pre book price.

TheBoyWithOneEye
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Ok thanks. So im going to use one of those frijj milk shakes voucher so would i just take the wrapper plus money tothe ticket place and give them it?

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:30 pm

There has been a BOGOF through TP website with the swarm thing that's been going on I do believe.

TheBoyWithOneEye
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:08 am

Thank you so much! :D thats now made my life a bit easyer now! :D

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:20 pm

Guys, i'm heading to Thorpe on the 28th and wanted to purchase some things at Emergency Supplies!

I just want to know, how much a swarm t-shirt would be, and how much a hoodie would be?

Replies would be much appreciated. :) Thank You! :)

JAMMYD777
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:05 pm

How busy do you expect Thorpe Park will be on Sunday 14th July?

Fiyero
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:46 pm

Anyone know how busy chessington might be on Sunday 1st September? Thanks

Starlight expresser
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:38 am

How busy has chessington been this week? Thinking of going today (17.7.13) but think loads of school trips there :(

Altitude
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:12 pm

I haven't been in ages, however if this weather continues, I imagine the crowds would be low. The heat here in the South is unbearable at times. Last weekend I got 20 rides in at Thorpe, the park wasn't that busy on Sunday.

So I guess Chessington should be ok? I for one definitely wouldn't want to go!

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Right I may be going to thorpe on Monday so tell me,
1-is The Swarm BIB included in the disability pass?
2-can you have more the one career per person?

obliviongirl
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:57 pm

Wondering how busy Thorpe Park will be on the weekend 21/22 September, and how many rides it will be possible to get on? I may be visiting with friends on one of those days and was hoping to find out how many rides we could go on.
Also, I have a phobia of loud sudden noises, and things/people jumping out at me, and for this reason I have never been on Saw The Ride solely because I am aware the queue line involves a lot of this. Can you tell me how scary it is and whether you think I could do it? Oh, and if I do, would it be socially acceptable to wear headphones and a blindfold in the queue?  :lol: