UK theme parks from another point of view!

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Merlin Parks Quick Questions

Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:18 pm

The queueline for Saw isn't bad at all, there is one loud gunshot but no people jumping out at you on any of the occasions I've been this year. You would probably be fine with headphones in the queue as long as you removed them for the ride itself.

MPDarby
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Merlin Parks Quick Questions

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:32 pm

obliviongirl wrote:
Wondering how busy Thorpe Park will be on the weekend 21/22 September, and how many rides it will be possible to get on? I may be visiting with friends on one of those days and was hoping to find out how many rides we could go on.
Also, I have a phobia of loud sudden noises, and things/people jumping out at me, and for this reason I have never been on Saw The Ride solely because I am aware the queue line involves a lot of this. Can you tell me how scary it is and whether you think I could do it? Oh, and if I do, would it be socially acceptable to wear headphones and a blindfold in the queue?  :lol:

Was wondering the same thing re queue times. I am also visiting this Saturday (21st Sep). I only get one trip to Thorpe Park every year & hate how stupidly busy the rides can get. It's the only park I will ever consider buying farcetrack for. Do you think it's worth buying farcetrack?

I also have some complimentary fastrack to collect on my visit after an awful visit in 2012. I'm not expecting these to be for the big coaster but does anyone know which rides these are likely to be for?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for riding the Runaway Minetrain, we hope you enjoyed your trip. Choo! Choo!

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Merlin Attraction Quick Questions

Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:54 pm

I want to go to Chessington, but the only thing putting me off is that on the website, it says that I can't go in Hocus Pocus Hall without a small child with me, is this true and if so then why and how much do they enforce it?
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:39 pm

Count-Vonduel wrote:
I want to go to Chessington, but the only thing putting me off is that on the website, it says that I can't go in Hocus Pocus Hall without a small child with me, is this true and if so then why and how much do they enforce it?

It used to be ...

As it is, Hocus Pocus Hall is open to all, however, those under 1.1m tall must be with an adult (16+) to enter due to certain "scary" elements. I assure you 1.4m and under rule was abolished a few years ago. The text you read was most likely not updated :)

I'm 1.5m tall, and went in Hocus Pocus many times last year.

If you do go and miss it, I assure you that you haven't missed much :P
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Dr.Kelham
TT Member
TT Member

Merlin Attraction Quick Questions

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Guys do we know when we will find out about the MAP Drinks capsules? Sorry I am a new MAP holder so never done it before
With thanks to lewis97 :)

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:32 pm

The Merlin annual pass website has some new information for this year's capsule :)

http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/capsule.aspx

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:37 pm

How will guests enter the Azteca hotel at Chessington. Will it be through the current hotel, through the new turnstiles in Chessington Zoo, or will it be a proper entrance near the access road? Thanks. :)

Jared
TT Member
TT Member

Merlin Attraction Quick Questions

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:46 pm

There will be a bridge to the hotel (Which will share it's lobby / reception with existing) and a external pass which is under a heated, covered walkway.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Just for the record, is Adventurer's Chicken Shack in Market Square or Chessington Zoo? The map reckons it's in the zoo, but the website clearly states it's in Market Square ...

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:50 pm

I would say the zoo as it's nearest to it rather than in Market Square.  Park maps are a bit strange really as I don't think they're meant to be accurate exactly but a rough guide to where to find rides and attractions :)

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:51 pm

Luce wrote:
I would say the zoo as it's nearest to it rather than in Market Square.  Park maps are a bit strange really as I don't think they're meant to be accurate exactly but a rough guide to where to find rides and attractions :)

Hocus Pocus Hall is closer to the zoo than Market Square, but it's in MS

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:55 pm

Hmm, there must be a border between the Chicken Shack and Hocus Pocus Hall that makes it in MS and the Chicken Shack in the zoo :D

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Hocus Pocus is further from MS than Chicken shack is though  :-k

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:04 am

I have no clue about what the park want us to think about their location. But I've always looked at it as though Hocus Pocus Hall and Chicken Shack are both excluded from the theme park, and are in fact part of Chessington Zoo. As they are making Market Square and Pirates' Cove more distinguishable for next season, and Skyway says Pirates' Cove starts as soon as you pass the gates next to Chicken Shack, I think they are both meant to be part of Chessington Zoo.

Why they don't just update the website for Chicken Shack's location and say Hocus Pocus Hall in part of the Burnt Stub Mansion, I have no idea. Hope this helps. :)

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:00 pm

Do you think that the Manchester mini Merlin cluster will get a Dungeons and a Madame Tussads... I personally think that there is a chance of them getting a Dungeon, but can't see a Madame Tussads come as we already have two (??) in the UK (London/Blackpool). Also, I'd like to see the Merlin cluster in London get a LegoLand Discovery Centre (even though LegoLand Windsor is down the road).

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:12 pm

Emporium wrote:
Do you think that the Manchester mini Merlin cluster will get a Dungeons and a Madame Tussads... I personally think that there is a chance of them getting a Dungeon, but can't see a Madame Tussads come as we already have two (??) in the UK (London/Blackpool). Also, I'd like to see the Merlin cluster in London get a LegoLand Discovery Centre (even though LegoLand Windsor is down the road).

I live next door (almost) to the Merlin Manchester cluster. As it is there isn't any room for expansion there but Merlin could persue another site in the city if they wanted to I suppose.
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need!

Davidaweek
TT Member
TT Member

Merlin magic pass calendar

Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone has the merlin magic pass calendar as looking to go somewhere tomorrow with pass but not sure if can as half term is in some parts of country but not London :s