UK theme parks from another point of view!

Hari
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Funny Things You've Overheard at Parks

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:19 pm

awsomelycoolboy wrote:
Idk.

But. I was in Cyprus and I was at a water park and there is a ride called 'Drop to Atlantis' these 2 people said 'look there is no line' so they ran up the steps a went to the top. The funny thing is, is that I don't think they realised you needed a dingy. And that the queue for the dingy's where half an hour what was also funny is that you required 3 people to ride it too. Anyways. It was even funnier at the top of the steps. They where sent back down to the bottom. (Baring in mind that is a long walk. It's about 7 stories high. To go que for the dingy which the queu had then just grown to 45 mins

Haha I went here in cyprus! Was the whole water park themed to ancient greece? And their was an orange boomerang sort of slide called 'Fall of Icarus'!

KatangaZebra
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:25 pm

"Omg! Look at that roller coaster! I'm not going on it it looks to scary for me!" 20 year old woman pointing at RMT

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:00 am

ME: Shall we go on Inferno next?
MATE: No, it's called Nemesis Inferno. There's a ride at Alton Towers called "Inferno", and this one opened after so they called it "Nemesis Inferno"

WHAT?
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Jason_101
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:17 pm

in the que for vampire at CWOA two women behind us queing said "this ride is EXACTLY the same as that NEMPHISIS ride at alton towers" yes she said exactly on a ride that has 0 inversions and the only thing connecting the both is john wardley and that its inverted and i dont think she knows what either of them are and pronounced it like NEMPHISIS ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:07 pm

"Nemesis Inferno has 4 seats at the front and 6 or 8 in the back."
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Inferno Attractions
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:31 am

This isn't what I overheard but something I thought (I'm not proud of this :no:)

It was my first time at Alton Towers and I was soo excited and couldn't wait any longer

The big steel structures in the car park with the letters on it, well I thought one of those was Oblivion
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions

LeBro 13
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:55 pm

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:10 am

Last year at Christmas, a friend said that Big One is a woodie...

lucozade
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:44 pm

Hahahaha

Inferno Attractions
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:47 pm

LeBro 13 wrote:

Yes yes I did :no:
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions

awsomelycoolboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Hari wrote:
awsomelycoolboy wrote:
Idk.

But. I was in Cyprus and I was at a water park and there is a ride called 'Drop to Atlantis' these 2 people said 'look there is no line' so they ran up the steps a went to the top. The funny thing is, is that I don't think they realised you needed a dingy. And that the queue for the dingy's where half an hour what was also funny is that you required 3 people to ride it too. Anyways. It was even funnier at the top of the steps. They where sent back down to the bottom. (Baring in mind that is a long walk. It's about 7 stories high. To go que for the dingy which the queu had then just grown to 45 mins

Haha I went here in cyprus! Was the whole water park themed to ancient greece? And their was an orange boomerang sort of slide called 'Fall of Icarus'!

Yeah, and there is a slide call lightning and it's a kamikaze speed slide.

nemefan08
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:28 pm

Sees splash on flume, the woman then looks around and says ," this is a dry ride, isn't it?" Sometimes I think everyone is blind, just watch the ride woman.

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:53 am

Points at towers and says "thats the hotel over there"
Looks at rita "oh thats the ride that goes from 0-100mph in 0.2 seconds" I'm sure nasa will be talking to intamin shortly to see how they have done it.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:07 pm

IntaNasa! The average human wouldn't be able to withstand that acceleration I think anyway! :lol
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:19 pm

Today, Dragon's Fury photobooth.
Person arguing with the photos woman, saying it was racist as they where not accepting Scottish money. The photos woman was new, but I joked with her afterwards!

Awright92
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:33 pm

This wasn't something I overheard, it was something I seen on my last visit to Alton Towers. It was at Air restraint's test seat and there was a mum and dad letting their son try the seat out. The kid was trying to get in the seat with the restraint closed and was having great difficulty as you would expect. All 3 of them were looking rather confused! Made me laugh quite a lot! :D

nemefan08
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:57 am

That is just insane. When I heard about the steel tower one I decided to come forward with my embarrassing story. On my first visit to the park I went on sonic. When the ride ops dispatched the car I did the thumbs up back. (They do this when the dispatch rides) They just looked at me and were like what the hell, to be so naive again.

Nathan_Fisher
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Waiting in the queue for Rita, heard people behind us talking about the Smiler "Yea it broke down earlier and they didn't even test it before people got back on it, they could of died" Then when we got on Rita the ride broke down while we we on it, stuck in the station for about 10 minutes. There's me all calm and the person behind terrified for his life. Some people are clueless.

nemefan08
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:02 pm

Gosh, you would be evacuated asap if your in real danger dude. Reminds me of the time when I heard a conversation about th13teen`s tendency to "blow up on Wednesdays". May be the dumbest 11 year old I have ever met. :clap: happy 150th post for me

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:03 pm

Not heard, but seen today on park.

There was a few school trips by the looks of things and first guests on Ripsaw were young ones, one of them was queezy and spewed up. The ride finished and they all got off, she told the host she was sick, they checked the seats, nothing. Some poor sod somehow got the whole lot down his back and people noticed when exiting the ride.

And on Rita today back row, some lady lost her upper denture whizzing round :D
Formerly known under username Andy Mc