UK theme parks from another point of view!

ft_arena
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

MACK Ride - New Concepts: The Rocking Boat & Power Loop

Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:04 am

MACK Rides has published today two new Rides (The Rocking Boat & Power Loop) at the FKF Convention 2020 at Europa-Park. 

Watch here the full introduction

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Re: MACK Ride - New Concepts: The Rocking Boat & Power Loop

Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:51 am

Well The Rocking Boat type looks like it could be incredibly versatile and fun!

If someone could go ahead and install one of those please, that'd be great. :)

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:50 pm

That Rocking boat could produce some amazing dark rides, imagine something like Pirates of the Caribbean Shanghai with that ride system. Thorpe Park is in need of another family ride and a replacement for Loggers Leap that doesn't soak people on cold days. Would make me happy if they did a high profile ride with it.

That power loop looks like a natural progression for shuttle watercoasters but that's a very large footprint for a low capacity ride, looks even longer than the powersplash.

Coaster Chall
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:26 am

The Power Loop has Six Flags Magic Mountain's name all over it for 2021 haha.

Rocking Boat would be great for Pirates In Batavia's refurbishment at Europa Park, but could also work as a reimagining for Valhalla or a Loggers replacement at Thorpe. Since Alton Towers don't have The Flume anymore, maybe this could work somewhere in the park too.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:21 pm

So the Power Loop is basically Pulsar on steroids and I love it. As for the Rocking Boats, I'm in love with this concept. It looks like it would be great fun and the possibilities are endless with it. I wonder if this is what Valhalla is going to be updated too :lol

leammiles
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:21 pm

I have no idea what the top speed is for that rocking boat, but from the looks of the concept, that could be installed into the canyons of pre existing rapids rides.

Have a few brake runs or just safety brake areas to space out the rafts, and you've got a realistic front facing white water rafting ride with near miss elements, flash flooding elements. You might even be able to control how wet people get. More wet in summer, less so on colder days.

Could be very interesting.