UK theme parks from another point of view!

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The World of David Walliams - New for 2020

Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:23 pm

I think the inflatable arch is just to get people excited for the area, a bit of advertisement. If you look behind the archway you can see the actual entrance archway which is made up of books piled up on top of each other.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 1901!
Ride count 2020: 128!
Cred count: 96!

Coaster Chall
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:44 am

Yes there is the archway held up by books behind it so the inflatable arch will be for the opening ceremony I think when it opens. Maybe they'll do like a VIP/Media Preview Day on the 20th.

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:40 pm

Those inflatable arches were there at the resort promoting The world of David Walliams  briefly towards the end of last season.  They were in-between Spinball and the Smiler, the same stretch of path where they used to have the Carnival of scream scare zone.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:07 pm

Hello Tom wrote:
The lack of posts in this thread demonstrates how uninterested everyone is in this.

They can make rides and family areas like Hex and Sharkbait reef - really good. But now an inflatable arch is deemed ‘on point’?

I’m not the intended audience, nor do I have children. All I can say is that, for everyone else, this looks like ‘cheap tat’ for UK’s supposed leading theme park. I do hope it exceeds expectations and can be enjoyed by all. Children are smart and aren’t going to be amused with crap that has been plastered with their favourite characters to ‘appease them’. If you’re going to make a whimsical ride you’ve got to shoot for ‘Splash Mountain’ not Kadabra.

Again, fingers crossed this is actually awesome. But I won’t be heading to AT this year.

I'm of the opinion it's a nice addition rather than a mindblowing one. It's definitely good the park is increasing it's range of rides.

I've been moaning for a while that AT has been in dire need of rides that aren't horror themed and are ones that an entire family could ride together. It's no fun having a member of a group going to a theme park and only going on ~4 rides, not because of queues but because those are the only ones they can go on.

Mr_Gibson
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:33 pm

I’m glad that the area is having some investment, it was rather a dreary place before this season. I take school kids there so we always go into the area to get to the education centre and it was in need of money spending on it. I still think they could do more, too many facades with empty buildings behind for my liking!

rainbowryder
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:01 pm

Mr_Gibson wrote:
I still think they could do more, too many facades with empty buildings behind for my liking!

Agreed. 
Maximise. The. Space. Towers.