UK theme parks from another point of view!

Robert
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:08 pm

I very much doubt if they could fit a rollercoaster in that space and they are both great rides and should be kept.

Anonymous

Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:25 pm

Removing flats rides for coasters is not the way to go.

Alton Towers is fine and dandy in the coaster department. It is lacking elsehwere!

plasticboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:57 pm

Keep Blade, its a reliable ride with high throughput, and also a good ride for familys unlike the other in FV. However, AT nned to sort themselves out and get it back to its full swing. Since the replaced its motors with new smaller ones, it has been pretty pathetic and tame to ride, just not as much fun anymore. Lets stick some better motors on it, and it will be fit to stay in the park for years to come!

nancarrow
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:19 pm

They may not be able to fit a rollercoaster but think how big that area can be. If you remove the arcade, Blade, Ripesaw, Mcdonalds (and other shops) and the nemisis themeing.
With a little landscaping you could alter that area alot. i.e. fill in the hole where blade is.

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:38 pm

I tell you what, why don't we just burn the park down? Then we will have loads of room!

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:41 pm

Kaz certainly has a way with words! PMSL :lol:
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum

plasticboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:54 pm

What the hell is going on on TTF these days! It is all out of control! I have been away from this forum for about 4-5 months, and i come back to post and the whole place has gone mad! There people like 'Kaz', who post stupid messges like the one a few posts above about burning the park down, and they dont even get cautioned or picked up about it! And the thing is, i have seen atleast 5 stupid, pointless posts by 'Kaz' today! How are peoeple like this allowed to be members here! (i do not mean to focus my criticisms on Kaz alone). And its not just 'Kaz', there are so many spammers on this forum now it is untrue! Most of which have no interest in real discussion in the slightest!

Come on, sort this place out mods, it used to be sooo good, now its turning into a joke.

Ramble Over.
Plasticboy.

MostMagicalCat
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:00 pm

no towers drop at at.

true, however, if the wonkavator technology works out well perhaps a kinda drop tower, built3/4 underground, the underground is sarounded in images ,smoke, perhaps water.
drops you to the bottom,showing some of the wierd stuff that lies under forbidan vally, some excavation work(hmm done that), something like that.
you go up slowly admiring the pyrotechnics,projections and a bit of a story.
rise to the top and red lights star flashing at the top,warning warning, the tower starts to shake(vibrate) and it launches you down quickly(tnt style) it drops you halfway down giving you glimpses into the "accident" that had occerd and it launches you back up to the top.
looking down into the hole you see all sorts of lights, flames coming out the bottom, then tnt style fired down to the bottom.
here we sit in the darkness for a few seconds then the huge screans gives you a glimpse of what ever caused the accident(erm, monster under fv.oops) as it comes up to you it fires you strait back up and off you get, and have another shottie.
i would love to see a ride done like this, and would be a fantastic eddition to forbidan vally and could complament the scenery(or even have a life of its own)
blade does rule,however could be relocated to the lake in kc and new ride in fv.[/quote]
Last edited by MostMagicalCat on Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:00 pm

Ok You've just had ago at 'KAZ' for spamming, but how do you feel about the whole 'Blade - What should replace it thing?' ROFL
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum

Moley

Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:05 pm

"plasticboy" wrote:
Keep Blade, its a reliable ride with high throughput, and also a good ride for familys unlike the other in FV. However, AT nned to sort themselves out and get it back to its full swing. Since the replaced its motors with new smaller ones, it has been pretty pathetic and tame to ride, just not as much fun anymore. Lets stick some better motors on it, and it will be fit to stay in the park for years to come!

Think he posted that a few posts beforehand :P

Crofty

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:03 am

Point taken plasicboy :)

can we please try and be a bit more constructive with posts, lets not turn a good topic into a spamfest. :)

Back to Blade, I'm with plasticboy. All that is needed is the full swing back and working. The Blade already has the height restriction needed so familys could still enjoy it. The full swing is well worth a place in anyones ride line up, why waste a good bit of kit?

:D :D

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:29 am

Well this place is going a bit to pot!

Hmmmm i think if anything blade should be left where it is. I very much doubt a Sky Swat could fit in there some how. Nice idea but i doubt it. Then I thougt what about a swinging inverter ship? Only a relitavely small one? Or would this again go too high?

Ash

Anonymous

Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:34 am

Personally I think blade sould stay, it does need a bit of TLC and its full swing, but its a veteran of the park and absorbs some of the midi-thrill seekers, i.e. familys with slightly older kids who want a thrill yet aren't quiet old / tall enough to ride nemesis.

JaiB!

~X~
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:57 am

Yeah Blade should stay, its an excellent ride for those people who don't like the big coasters in 'forbidden valley', it targets the family audience i think. However if they do remove it, i would like to see a modern, state-of-the-art flat ride in its place. Perhaps a sky-swot buried deep into the trench? Or some sort of mad-twisty thing from Zamperla or summat.

-X-
Last edited by ~X~ on Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:48 pm

In Many peoples opinions, Blade should stay but i think it should go and the sooner the better.

A Fabbri Double Shock would look great with Forbidden Valley Theming.
http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%2 ... shock.html
These are amazing to ride and to look at.

OR.

A Hawk 48 would be amazing with great theming! Voted the most intence flat ride 2003.
http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%2 ... awk48.html

Thanks,
Dan.K

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:32 pm

I would like to see a vortex themed as a monster.

http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%2 ... ortex.html

Next year I think the park need to go all out and add say 3 new intence flat rides. If you think about it thats all we could be seeing next year. I think we can say there wont be any new coasters or dark rides so the chances are high.

MostMagicalCat
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:01 pm

would like to see a vortex themed as a monster.

http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%2 ... ortex.html

that is so smart, looks great.

im all for getting a new fv ride howerver as i said relocate blade.
[

Robert
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:25 pm

I would say that the rides posted above are more suited to a fun fair and not to a Theme Park. Blade should stay as it attracts a wider audience than any of the one posted above and is one of the few rides left with a family audience. We have things like the ones being suggested in the form of Submission and there has been complaints about this ride.

Ketchup
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:07 pm

"Robert" wrote:
I would say that the rides posted above are more suited to a fun fair and not to a Theme Park

It's called theming them? Ripsaw is a HUSS TopSpin a fairground ride, Submission is a Chance Morgan Inverter a fairground ride so are lieterally all the flats at Thorpe but does Vortex look like it came out of a fair? No, it themed better then all the coasters at Alton with the exception of Nemesis.

Blade should stay as it attracts a wider audience than any of the one posted above and is one of the few rides left with a family audience.

I fully agree although they could run it on a decent setting like the Black Bucaneer at Chessington.

We have things like the ones being suggested in the form of Submission and there has been complaints about this ride.

But Submission is an awful ride, mainly due to the appalling restraints.

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:09 pm

But Submission is an awful ride, mainly due to the appalling restraints
They do there job, allso blade is a great ride, its a classic, lots of people love it.
......The one and only... :sus: